Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm giving myself one more day of overhyping this squad....but the Montana/Rice/Haley championship comparisons are wearing thing lol. niner fans are losing it.

    Comment


    • After watching 49ers-Eagles, I'm beginning to think that Bowman and Willis are the best 3-4 ILB pairing in the entire NFL right now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JBCX View Post
        After watching 49ers-Eagles, I'm beginning to think that Bowman and Willis are the best 3-4 ILB pairing in the entire NFL right now.
        Continue to... Don't know many who really challenge, to be honest.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          Continue to... Don't know many who really challenge, to be honest.
          Yep, but it would be nice to pair them with a couple of the better pass rushing OLBs as well. Brooks has been playing all around well, but ot dominating like Bowman. Aldon Smith is showing the ability to get to the QB and awareness to bat down thrown balls as well. Only a matter of time until they want to start giving him more of Haralson's snaps, seeing if he can be effective in coverage as well.


          #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


          "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            Yep, but it would be nice to pair them with a couple of the better pass rushing OLBs as well. Brooks has been playing all around well, but ot dominating like Bowman. Aldon Smith is showing the ability to get to the QB and awareness to bat down thrown balls as well. Only a matter of time until they want to start giving him more of Haralson's snaps, seeing if he can be effective in coverage as well.
            Give Brooks and Smith time, it's Brooks' first year as a starter and Smith is a rookie...both of them have extraordinary talent...Brooks has dominated some series by himself. Haralson is a reject, we need to get better there.

            There are vids on the 49erswebzone of every niner snap from the eagles game. Three things stand out to me, and I hate to be negative: the routes are still incredibly simple; Alex still doesn't anticipate routes very well, he only throws it go guys who are open, there are opportunities there; Alex's throwin motion on shorter throws is compact and extremely quick, this is a huge improvment...his motion on longer throws is still a little lengthy and slow.

            Comment


            • Well Sopoga has the steph and could miss some time.

              The 49ers' injury report today included several new additions, including nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga who missed practice with a staph infection, according to a source
              http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#ixzz1ZxpqgLHk
              Last edited by hawkeye123; 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM.

              Comment


              • New Gameday thread is up.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  Continue to... Don't know many who really challenge, to be honest.
                  The Jets inside duo is pretty good, though Rex Ryan is running more of a 3-4 hybrid. And Mayo and Spikes in New England are legit as well. But I agree, right now, no one is balling like Bowman and Willis. And to think, we're actually playing two MIKE's esentially but its working marvelously with way Sopoaga has been keeping those guys clean behind him. The play of all three guys upfront is letting Willis and Bowman flow to the ball and come downhill. Ice, Cowboy and Ray Mac have been so disruptive, O-Lineman haven't been able to get to second level and key-in on Bowman and Willis.

                  And I don't think people are giving Brooks enough credit. While his off-sides penalties leave me fuming, he's done everything asked of him. Maybe his low sack total has people bummed but its more to playing the strong-side than just getting too the QB. He has set the edge beautifully and has done the dirty work when needed so guys like Ray Mac can get the stat. Great start by him so far.

                  I just wished Fangio were a little more blitz-happy when teams go empty backfield or mutpile WRs. We seemed to do a good job when he dials them up, just wished they were dialed up more often. Maybe when the secondary finally gets everyone healthy, he might be more inclined to.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post

                    I just wished Fangio were a little more blitz-happy when teams go empty backfield or mutpile WRs. We seemed to do a good job when he dials them up, just wished they were dialed up more often. Maybe when the secondary finally gets everyone healthy, he might be more inclined to.
                    I strongly believe that Harbaugh and Fangio have a plan to continue to dial it up and be more aggressive on bot h sides of the ball as the team shows them they're ready to take the next step. Baby steps.


                    #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                    "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      I strongly believe that Harbaugh and Fangio have a plan to continue to dial it up and be more aggressive on bot h sides of the ball as the team shows them they're ready to take the next step. Baby steps.
                      Agree....

                      It feels good to know that we now have a staff in place where you feel like you have a legitmate shot to win each and every Sunday. I knew there was talent on this team. People were always saying we need go out and sign this Pro-Bowl player in free agency or that one. And sure we needed some upgrades in personel but I knew the core of this team was talented enough to play with anyone. Its amazing really what good coaching can do to the culture and perception of a group of athletes. Synder said after the game that they are playing at a perfect mixture of being focused on even the littliest of details of their respective position, but also just playing loose and having fun. That's probably the greatest compliment you can give the staff.

                      Comment


                      • Two previous posts made good points.

                        It is looking methodical with the implementation of new wrinkles from week to week. It's like math class where the coaches lay down foundations and build on them as the knowledge is in place.

                        The shortened pre-season and lack of camps really limited this new staff so they seem to be treating the regular season as an extension of pre-season and while still being successful by taking care of the football and forcing turnovers.

                        Not panicking into paying huge money for high priced free agents and instead building up a guy like Rogers has been huge. Building the blue collar, have each others' backs mentality is already paying off. We just have to see if it will be a long-term formula for success with the egos of millionaires.

                        Film room prep was so obvious this week. The db's knew what was coming all day long.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          I strongly believe that Harbaugh and Fangio have a plan to continue to dial it up and be more aggressive on bot h sides of the ball as the team shows them they're ready to take the next step. Baby steps.
                          Agreed. It already seems that was see more and more of the offense every week, and it looks good. I think the same thing will soon be true for the defense. The players are just getting their feet wet in new systems and the coaching staff is being smart, haven't said that in years, in bringing them along slowly.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                            Not panicking into paying huge money for high priced free agents and instead building up a guy like Rogers has been huge. Building the blue collar, have each others' backs mentality is already paying off. We just have to see if it will be a long-term formula for success with the egos of millionaires.
                            Baalke is making a lot of people eat crow from the offseason. Instead of blowing our wad on Nnamdi we spread it around and got Rogers (who might be playing as good as Nnamdi this year), Whitner, Goodwin, Akers, and Edwards in FA. Not to mention smart resignings with Alex, McDonald, and Goldson. Add in a good draft with Smith, Hunter, Culliver, and Miller...man, i haven't been this excited in a while.

                            Comment


                            • Yeah the draft has looked pretty good so far. Hunter, Aldon Smith and Bruce Miller have all made pretty big contributions this year and Culliver looked good yesterday. Haven't seen enough of CK but he looked okay in very limited action yesterday as well, except for some trouble with handoffs.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                Baalke is making a lot of people eat crow from the offseason. Instead of blowing our wad on Nnamdi we spread it around and got Rogers (who might be playing as good as Nnamdi this year), Whitner, Goodwin, Akers, and Edwards in FA. Not to mention smart resignings with Alex, McDonald, and Goldson. Add in a good draft with Smith, Hunter, Culliver, and Miller...man, i haven't been this excited in a while.
                                Touche my friend, touche.....

                                And I dont think ANYONE is giving Baalke his just do. He went out and got our coach in Harbaugh. Had a STELLAR draft. I can't name one team getting more bang for their buck out of their draft than we are at the moment. And while everyone was panicking to start free agency, Baalke played it cool, set parameters and made good, calcualted decisions and brought in players who are playing at high-level. Letting Spikes, Franklin, Lawson, and Clements bolt is looking like genius becasue ALL of their replacements are playing as well or even better than their predecessors. Im a huge fan of Ted Thompson and the way he built that Packer team. Baalke is showing he has a little TT in him. Very excited to have this guy as the GM. It starts in the FO......ALWAYS!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information