Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New NFC WEST Championship-inspired Gameday thread is up. Go and celebrate.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      Im diggin it. Plus, thats one of the songs on my Madden playlist. Too bad my PS3 broke down on me Saturday tho :(

      Comment


      • Originally posted by binary
        I definitely don't want to lose Brooks. First year starting and he's played well, he's an all-around guy. I wish he wouldn't be so reliant on the outside pass rush though, he needs to develop some more moves.
        That's precisely why I wouldnt be too mad if he took the money and ran. Don't get me wrong, I like Brooks alot. But I dont think he deserves top-end money.....which I think he will get on the open market. He's a good pass-rusher, not a great one. We have a potential great one waiting in the wings. There's alot of other things he does well also, but when you think about the fact we have alot of guys that could he viewed as just as important to re-sign as Brooks(Goldson, Rodgers) and your going to have to extend guys like Bowman and Iupati coming up in the here soon, you have to be willing to let some of your talent walk. The key is letting the ones walk who you feel you can most readily replace. Baalke proved himself this year, in knowing when to pay young guys coming into their primes(McDonald) and when to let others whose price was too steep walk(Baas). I'll trust him to keep making wise decisions.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
          That's precisely why I wouldnt be too mad if he took the money and ran. Don't get me wrong, I like Brooks alot. But I dont think he deserves top-end money.....which I think he will get on the open market. He's a good pass-rusher, not a great one. We have a potential great one waiting in the wings. There's alot of other things he does well also, but when you think about the fact we have alot of guys that could he viewed as just as important to re-sign as Brooks(Goldson, Rodgers) and your going to have to extend guys like Bowman and Iupati coming up in the here soon, you have to be willing to let some of your talent walk. The key is letting the ones walk who you feel you can most readily replace. Baalke proved himself this year, in knowing when to pay young guys coming into their primes(McDonald) and when to let others whose price was too steep walk(Baas). I'll trust him to keep making wise decisions.
          The problem is Haralson isn't good enough to be a starter. Brooks is wayy more athletic and does everything better. We would need to find a good all-around starter since Aldon is weak in coverage.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by binary View Post
            The problem is Haralson isn't good enough to be a starter. Brooks is wayy more athletic and does everything better. We would need to find a good all-around starter since Aldon is weak in coverage.
            But he is a starter for the for one of the best defenses in the league. My problem with Haralson is that he was never a good enough pass-rusher to be a 3 down player.....and he hasn't been this year. If Brooks leaves, my thinking is they will replace him with someone who will at least equal his pass-rushing, if not be a upgrade from it. Which means Haralson can resume his role as a 2 down player. And I think people have this impression that Aldon is a liability in coverage. He is no more a liability than Haralson or Brooks, physically in space. The problem has always been experience and his comort-level in dropping into coverage coming into the league and learning a new position, with no off season. It was never about ability. With a year in the system and and entire offseason to improve in that area, I think Aldon would be fine if asked to shoulder more resposibility in that regard. Enough so, to be a 3 down player. My biggest concern heading into his second year and possibly a starting role would be his ability set the edge consistently and be a force in the run game on 1st and 2nd down.
            Last edited by VAfy-ya; 12-10-2011, 04:56 AM.

            Comment


            • Did you guys see scott's mock draft?
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

              If it shaped out that way I don't think I would want Kendall Wright in the first, unless he times really well. I think he is very similar to Randall Cobb.
              I think I would prefer a DL or OL, preferably Jerel Worthy if he declares and is there.

              What do you guys think?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
                Did you guys see scott's mock draft?
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

                If it shaped out that way I don't think I would want Kendall Wright in the first, unless he times really well. I think he is very similar to Randall Cobb.
                I think I would prefer a DL or OL, preferably Jerel Worthy if he declares and is there.

                What do you guys think?
                I don't know why people think we need front-3 help.

                Justin Smith
                Isaac Sopoaga
                Ray McDonald

                Ricky Jean Francois
                Ian Williams
                Demarcus Dobbs
                Will Tukuafu

                There's a reason it's the best run defense in the NFL. Where's the weak spot?


                With FA being a big thorn, CB, WR, and Safety are likely to be the weakest positions on the team.

                Sure, I'd love a top interior O-Lineman, but the team has used a TON of high draft picks on the position already and they still have Daniel Kilgore and Mike Person to fit into the mix.

                Comment


                • If we lose Brooks, we should just draft another OLB. We've seen the effect a pass rush can have on the overall D, I don't want to underestimate that value again. We can go WR or secondary in the 2nd. Pittsburgh does this too, I don't see why we shouldn't.

                  Comment


                  • We should trade for Mallet for a 3rd and a player? yah go!!!

                    Comment


                    • I hope we don't lose Brooks. He's a well rounded player and has done a great job.

                      I really think the defense could use a safety in the next draft. Goldson and Whitner have done a good job, but it seems like they are essentially two strong safeties back there. Reggie Smith might be alright, but I think we could use more speed at that spot.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        I don't know why people think we need front-3 help.

                        Justin Smith
                        Isaac Sopoaga
                        Ray McDonald

                        Ricky Jean Francois
                        Ian Williams
                        Demarcus Dobbs
                        Will Tukuafu

                        There's a reason it's the best run defense in the NFL. Where's the weak spot?


                        With FA being a big thorn, CB, WR, and Safety are likely to be the weakest positions on the team.

                        Sure, I'd love a top interior O-Lineman, but the team has used a TON of high draft picks on the position already and they still have Daniel Kilgore and Mike Person to fit into the mix.
                        I agree with everything except about us being thin at CB.

                        Though Synder may very well end up signing elsewhere, I dont see us looking at the draft to replace him if he does leave. If Brooks leaves, we'll be VERY thin at OLB so I could see another pass-rusher. We have the potential to lose Braylon, Morgan, and Ginn. WR is defintely a need position. Though we'll be players in free agency to as well, wouldn't surprise me if went WR with the first pick.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                          I agree with everything except about us being thin at CB.

                          Though Synder may very well end up signing elsewhere, I dont see us looking at the draft to replace him if he does leave. If Brooks leaves, we'll be VERY thin at OLB so I could see another pass-rusher. We have the potential to lose Braylon, Morgan, and Ginn. WR is defintely a need position. Though we'll be players in free agency to as well, wouldn't surprise me if went WR with the first pick.
                          If we needed a WR and an OLB, we better prioritize the OLB.

                          Comment


                          • Brooks > Haralson so I hope they cut/trade Parys and use the money to re-sign Brooks, drafting another pass rusher for depth and to eventually take over the starting role.


                            #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                            "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by binary View Post
                              If we needed a WR and an OLB, we better prioritize the OLB.
                              Especially if it's in the first round.


                              #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                              "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                              Comment


                              • If Carlos Rogers doesn't resign, CB is TERRIBLY thin.

                                And of all the "positions of need", WR is VERY HEAVY in FA this coming year...

                                Reggie Wayne (IND)
                                Wes Welker (NE)
                                Vincent Jackson (SD)
                                DeSean Jackson (PHI)
                                Dwayne Bowe (KC)
                                Marques Colston (NO)
                                Steve Johnson (BUF)
                                Brandon Lloyd (STL)
                                Robert Meachem (NO)
                                Mario Manningham (NYG)
                                Mike Wallace (PIT) RFA
                                Early Doucet (ARZ)
                                Harry Douglas (ATL)
                                Eric Weems (ATL)
                                Roscoe Parrish (BUF)
                                Legedu Naanee (CAR)
                                Earl Bennett (CHI)
                                Roy Williams (CHI)
                                Andre Caldwell (CIN)
                                Jerome Simpson (CIN)
                                Eddie Royal (DEN)
                                Rashied Davis (DET)
                                Maurice Stovall (DET)
                                Bryant Johnson (HOU)
                                Pierre Garcon (IND)
                                Anthony Gonzalez (IND)
                                Jerheme Urban (KC)
                                Devin Aromashodu (MIN)
                                Bernard Berrian (MIN)
                                Greg Camarillo (MIN)
                                Deion Branch (NE)
                                Matt Slater (NE)
                                Domenik Hixon (NYG)
                                Devin Thomas (NYG)
                                Plaxico Burress (NYJ)
                                Derek Hagan (OAK)
                                Chaz Schilens (OAK)
                                Steve Smith (PHI)
                                Jerricho Cotchery (PIT)
                                Patrick Crayton (SD)
                                Braylon Edwards (SF)
                                Ted Ginn (SF)
                                Josh Morgan (SF)
                                Mike Sims-Walker (STL)
                                Micheal Spurlock (TB)
                                Donnie Avery (TEN)
                                Kevin Curtis (TEN)
                                Lavelle Hawkins (TEN)
                                Donte' Stallworth (WAS)
                                Stephen Williams (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
                                Jordan Norwood (CLE) - Exclusive Rights
                                Jesse Holley (DAL) - Exclusive Rights
                                Kevin Ogletree (DAL) - RFA
                                Stefan Logan (DET) - RFA
                                Matt Willis (DEN) - RFA
                                Danny Amendola (STL) - RFA
                                Dominique Curry (STL) - Exclusive Rights
                                Preston Parker (TB) - Exclusive Rights

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information