This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    No, I believe he's saying that Smith + Haralson < Smith + Brooks.

Also, if Brooks doesn't resign, Haralson and Smith will be the only OLBs on the roster.
    No he said Aldon might never be a starter because of his "coverage". Lmao at that. Maybe we should sign manny Lawson for his coverage skillz, eh?

Comment

• WR is not an issue. Talk to any scout and they will tell you that there is plenty of talent at the skill position. You got 2 TE's who run 4.4's, matchup nightmares. You got a receiver with very good power, rac ability in Crabtree. Braylon is hurt, but when healthy has put a turd like Derek Anderson in the pro bowl. Kyle Williams would kill in the slot.

The 2 weaknesses are

1) QB. This is obvious, as we are dealing with a fraud game manager. Slow release, awful footwork within the pocket, spotty accuracy.

2) Tackles. I'd like to keep Anthony davis because he can run block but we need an upgrade over Staley for the blindside.

Comment

No, I believe he's saying that Smith + Haralson < Smith + Brooks.

Also, if Brooks doesn't resign, Haralson and Smith will be the only OLBs on the roster.
        Yup, that's what I'm saying. I don't like Haralson much at all, and I'm not ready to rely on him. I really don't think he does much of anything very well. I like Brooks a lot though, without him OLB becomes top priority as Aldon is still developing.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
          Yup, that's what I'm saying. I don't like Haralson much at all, and I'm not ready to rely on him. I really don't think he does much of anything very well. I like Brooks a lot though, without him OLB becomes top priority as Aldon is still developing.
          OLB is already a priority because we only have 3 on the roster. What Im saying is losing Brooks would not be the end of the world for this defense. I like Brooks alot and hopes he resigns but he is not a game-changer. He plays very well within our scheme but he is a cog in the machine. Willis is a game-changer. Justin Smith is a game-changer. And yes, Aldon Smith and his 11 sacks are game changers. Any of those guys miss a extended period of time and this defense will see a drop-off somewhere. Brooks, not so much. I love his nose for the ball and his overall play but it isn't like your replacing some elite talent. I would like him to be paid like a very good cog, but I suspect someone will be willing to pay him like he is a game-changer and he will walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
            No he said Aldon might never be a starter because of his "coverage". Lmao at that. Maybe we should sign manny Lawson for his coverage skillz, eh?
            here's his entire post...

I'm sorry, but that pretty much means OLB should be the highest priority. We don't even know if Aldon will turn into an every-down player, and Haralson is weak in all areas. Haralson can't really cover, can't pass rush, is unathletic, and he's ok at playing the run. The only reason Haralson hasn't been booted is because Aldon isn't ready yet. Having those two starting would be a huge red flag. I really hope they sign Brooks.
            He said "we don't know" and "yet." Why make generalizations?

Comment

here's his entire post...

He said "we don't know" and "yet." Why make generalizations?
              Because he believes coverage skill from a guy like Aldon is important.

He is a pass rusher. At some point he will be rushing 90% of the time while dropping back on the rare zone blitz. Look at fangio's scheme. He plays a lot of 2 man and some zone concepts but rarely dishes out the exotic blitz. People who worry about coverage with him are clueless. How was Kevin Greene's coverage? How does Tamba Hali(who I think he is most similar to) drop back? Pointless BS.

Comment

• wow, basic reading comprehension. I never said coverage is a high priority for Aldon or that he's not starting b/c he can't cover like Manny Lawson (lol), I said it's good to have an all-around guy like Brooks on the other side since Aldon is mainly a passrusher, Haralson should not be that guy. wtf.

Comment

wow, basic reading comprehension. I never said coverage is a high priority for Aldon or that he's not starting b/c he can't cover like Manny Lawson (lol), I said it's good to have an all-around guy like Brooks on the other side since Aldon is mainly a passrusher, Haralson should not be that guy. wtf.
                  Yeah, nice cover up. Lol

Comment

• Alex is a top 10 QB dooooood. Quit ur hating bro.

Comment

Yeah, nice cover up. Lol
                      yeah dood. Totally "covered" it up.

Comment

yeah dood. Totally "covered" it up.
                        We don't even know if Aldon will turn into an every-down player

A statement like this presumes that you do not think that right now Aldon is an every down player.

I would disagree, as pass rush is the most important trait of a 34 outside backer. Very rarely do you see the Ware's, Orakpo's, Hali's of the world drop back.

Haralson happens to be very stout at the POA and a strong player when he is kept fresh. His play has been solid this year, and he is getting snaps because Aldon is a rookie.

Comment

• We might as well trade Aldon Smith. Never know if he's an every down player, so he's a bust.

Trade Crabtree, slow and cant run routes.

Trade Haralson, guy doesnt do anything well.

But yes, definitely, we should re-sign Alex Smith for year 8, 9 and 10 because his QB rating is teh awesomez...

Who would be a worse GM? Binary or Terry Donahue?

Comment

A statement like this presumes that you do not think that right now Aldon is an every down player.
                            Neither does the coaching staff, Maiocco, Barrows, or Eric Davis. I love Aldon and would want him to start ASAP, but if this staff doesn't feel he's ready than neither do I. Even Fangio has come out in press conferences and said he needs to work on a few things and has a ways to go, I'll take his words over yours.

Yeah let's go ahead and trade all these players that I've been slightly (if that even) critical of, because that's the solution I've been proclaiming this whole time. Another example of your inability to debate without letting your emotional bias overtake your statements, leading to outlandish generalizations. Other people disagree with other people on here all the time, it's not that difficult to do it with some sort of maturity.
                            Last edited by binary; 12-12-2011, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Neither does the coaching staff, Maiocco, Barrows, or Eric Davis. So now you're just presuming stuff inaccurately about what I've said. I love Aldon and would want him to start ASAP, but if this staff doesn't feel he's ready than neither do I. Even Fangio has come out in press conferences and said he needs to work on a few things and has a ways to go, I'll take his words over yours.

Yeah let's go ahead and trade all these players that I've been critical of, because that's the solution I've been proclaiming this whole time. Another example of your inability to debate without letting your emotional bias overtake your statements, leading to outlandish generalizations. Other people disagree with other people on here all the time, it's not that difficult to do it with some sort of maturity.
                              1).....Who the hell cares what Maiocco thinks? The same guy that defended Derek Smith's play for how long? The same guy who defended Mike Nolan as a coach for how long? Sorry...That guy's opinion is fairly useless, IMO. Barrows is a twat as well, and the funny thing is these 2 are BEAT WRITERS. Their opinion shouldn't really matter, or be seen, because their job is to report facts on the team. Eric Davis, while I have not heard much of him, seems to sound like a lot of other former players that don't have much clue as to what they're talking about.

And "if the staff doesn't feel that way".....Never really thought much of blind faith in the staff. I mean sure, they know a lot more football than you or I do, but even Bill Walsh made mistakes in player evaluation.

2) You need to get over the sarcastic comments. You need to realize this is the internet. When you see stupidity....Sarcasm is never really a bad thing. As for maturity.....It's the internet. Lighten up jasper.

P.s. ... I seem to remember you doing the same thing at 49ers news after we started 8-1.

"We're going 0-16 and need to suck for Luck". Remember you making those sarcastic comments. Same thing as I'm doing, really.

Comment

• As for 49er analysts...I heard Dwight Clark after the rams game call Crabtree's route running "precise" and "exceptional". But surely, his opinion doesn't matter since he disagrees with you, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information