Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The New Gameday Thread is up.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      There are probably 20+ teams in the NFL that would kill for Dashon Goldson.
      I know they are other potential suitors for him, but if that were the case, they would have "killed" for him in FA this last year. He has a value, but if he gets greedy (with wanting too many years or too much per year), he's replaceable.


      #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


      "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ness View Post
        Don't want to give Goldson a mega contract, but he's earned it. I mean six interceptions is pretty nice for his position and he's really thriving now that this entire defense is playing well. The front seven is allowing him to make a lot of plays. He gets turnovers. He's not great in coverage, but how many safeties in the NFL are really great in coverage? Like really, really good? So good that you'll feel comfortable against the deep ball every time. The only one that comes to mind in my opinion is Ed Reed, but he's a Hall of Famer. Good safeties are hard to come by. This is the best safety play we've probably had since Tim McDonald and Merton Hanks.
        Wow, that's a throwback.

        I worry that Dashon's success this season is monetary motivation. He's shown flashes up to this point in his career, but how much of this is scheme vs his improvement as a player? I'd say if the Niners let him walk, then they know if he's worth it or not.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Don't want to give Goldson a mega contract, but he's earned it. I mean six interceptions is pretty nice for his position and he's really thriving now that this entire defense is playing well. The front seven is allowing him to make a lot of plays. He gets turnovers. He's not great in coverage, but how many safeties in the NFL are really great in coverage? Like really, really good? So good that you'll feel comfortable against the deep ball every time. The only one that comes to mind in my opinion is Ed Reed, but he's a Hall of Famer. Good safeties are hard to come by. This is the best safety play we've probably had since Tim McDonald and Merton Hanks.
          You make a valid point. I just wish he was more sound. IMO your FS should be one of the best if not the best tackler on your defense. Goldson is arguably one of the worst tacklers on the team. Thats a big sticking point with me. He too often over-extends himself trying to make a hit or being too aggressive when just flowing to the ball under control and wrapping up would make a world of a difference. And there are few safties that I think are good and could thrive with this front seven. The question is does Baalke think so? Does he think Goldson is unique or a player thriving because of the personel around him?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brent View Post
            Wow, that's a throwback.

            I worry that Dashon's success this season is monetary motivation. He's shown flashes up to this point in his career, but how much of this is scheme vs his improvement as a player? I'd say if the Niners let him walk, then they know if he's worth it or not.
            It might be scheme, but we're going to play that game we should let Alex Smith walk too. Harbaugh and company are simply putting players in the best position to succeed. If they do let him walk, I'll trust the 49ers judgement. I have a feeling both sides are going to get a deal done though.

            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
              You make a valid point. I just wish he was more sound. IMO your FS should be one of the best if not the best tackler on your defense. Goldson is arguably one of the worst tacklers on the team. Thats a big sticking point with me. He too often over-extends himself trying to make a hit or being too aggressive when just flowing to the ball under control and wrapping up would make a world of a difference. And there are few safties that I think are good and could thrive with this front seven. The question is does Baalke think so? Does he think Goldson is unique or a player thriving because of the personel around him?
              Well good unique players are hard to find. Players that can do well regardless of scheme, etc. If you have your hands one of those rare gems, you probably have a Hall of Famer on your hands, or someone close to it. If you don't have one of those guys, then the next best option is probably finding guys that fit your system and are successful doing it. Goldson may be thriving in this system because of help from the front seven, but I don't think it really matters. He's have a good season, and still pretty young. We'll see what happens. I won't be mad if he leaves, I'll just hope that we can makeup for a lot of the plays he's made for the team this year.

              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

              Comment


              • According to Braylon Edwards' Twitter, he has been released...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                  According to Braylon Edwards' Twitter, he has been released...
                  Strange timing with Walker, Williams, and Ginn all being hurt. Has to be more to this story. Brett Swain is in for a boost of playing time now and be interesting to see who SF signs to take Edwards spot. Only thing I don't like is how Teddy Ginn becomes are number 3 WR now.

                  Comment


                  • Happy to see Edwards released as he was a waste even when he was healthy.

                    Think that its time to give a call to Moss and/or Owens. :)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Happy to see Edwards released as he was a waste even when he was healthy.

                      Think that its time to give a call to Moss and/or Owens. :)
                      I hope you're joking with your last comment. This isn't Madden.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                        Strange timing with Walker, Williams, and Ginn all being hurt. Has to be more to this story. Brett Swain is in for a boost of playing time now and be interesting to see who SF signs to take Edwards spot. Only thing I don't like is how Teddy Ginn becomes are number 3 WR now.
                        Maybe Swain has looked better and they want to get him more playing time? Edwards just looked bad to the point where he was not only making plays, but he was hurting his own team with penalties. He also seemed lost with the offense.

                        "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                          Strange timing with Walker, Williams, and Ginn all being hurt. Has to be more to this story. Brett Swain is in for a boost of playing time now and be interesting to see who SF signs to take Edwards spot. Only thing I don't like is how Teddy Ginn becomes are number 3 WR now.
                          Not really a surprise. Forget the big name, he's been terrible and a non-factor pretty much all year. Although it seems the reason for his bad play had more to do with injuries than skill. I guess we'll promote Reuland or Hastings from the PS now.
                          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-27-2011, 12:37 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                            Strange timing with Walker, Williams, and Ginn all being hurt. Has to be more to this story. Brett Swain is in for a boost of playing time now and be interesting to see who SF signs to take Edwards spot. Only thing I don't like is how Teddy Ginn becomes are number 3 WR now.
                            Im pretty confident they'll bring Rueland up from the PS, as most of the beat writers have been reporting Walker is done for the year. Figured it be Norris cut, with our health at WR like it is but I guess they figured enough is enough with Edwards. Ashamed because he looked pretty good in pre-season. Who knows what would have happened had he been healthy throughout the season. Oh well.....next man up.

                            Comment


                            • How about Tori Gurley from the Packers PS? Packers fans rave about him, and the Vikings tried to sign him from the PS (he declined). With Williams and Ginn injured, and Edwards cut, he could actually start for us on Sunday and have a good shot of making a impression. We honestly only have 1 legitimate WR healthy and thats kind of scary.

                              Comment


                              • Also glad to see Edwards gone he was a waste as I agree too. He never really put up any big numbers this season and was just a let down. Nice guy but not living up to the hype. Now it is time to draft some new WR this April. I hope we can draft one or two if the chance to build. Too bad we couldn't land Posey , Floyd or Jefferson for big time play makers which we really need some.

                                What do you do you guys think of those three top wide out's for the draft ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information