This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    What? Matt Ryan wouldn't make Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree look good? Please.

And Smith holds on to the ball way too long some times.
    When Matt Ryan came to the NFL the Falcons gave up 47 sacks in 2007. In Ryan's rookie year that number went down to 17. I think the Falcons offensive line had the majority of the same starters as well. I think only two were replaced. A good quarterback can get rid of the ball faster.
    Smith has made Vernon look a lot better vs Hill. I have seen a lot of Crabtree and Vernon. They are iaght.
    Tony G is a HOFer.
    Julio is a GD monster. I got the game on TV here in Indy when he came back to play from his injury.

Standard Sack Deviation
    Alex Smith median 2.70 avg 2.9
    Matt Ryan median 2.75 avg 3.0

He hold the ball less on sacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
      I think the Falcons offensive line had the majority of the same starters as well. I think only two were replaced. A good quarterback can get rid of the ball faster.
      Only 2??? Yeah... only 40%

The QBs were Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich. They also replaced the coordinator, head coach, and starting RB.

Clearly it was only Matt Ryan who made a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
        Smith has made Vernon look a lot better vs Hill. I have seen a lot of Crabtree and Vernon. They are iaght.
        Tony G is a HOFer.
        Julio is a GD monster. I got the game on TV here in Indy when he came back to play from his injury.

Standard Sack Deviation
        Alex Smith median 2.70 avg 2.9
        Matt Ryan median 2.75 avg 3.0

He hold the ball less on sacks.
        Get out of here with your facts ;)

Comment

• Very interesting snippet from Fiesta Bowl.

14 of Stanfords 20 longest passing plays were to TEs not WRs. Of the 6 plays to WRs, 4 of them were "trick plays."

Yep. Clearly the WR numbers are purely due to QB play and NOT the system.

Comment

• Stop it Phlysac and Visor. Your making way too much sense and its hurting my head. Repeat after me, the offense is just along for the ride........the offense is just along for the ride.......

Comment

• The offense is just along for the ride.

Wheeeee. This is fun.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• WTF is going on here guys???

Its amazing, I used to *****, moan, groan and complain more than anyone here and now, im probably the happiest 49ers fan in this forum.

Seriously, all of you guys need to stop arguing that Smith sucks/is good/decent or whatever.

Instead, be happy that we're 13-3, have a bye and a home playoff game. Enjoy it. Its been 9 damn years and yet, instead of all us being happy and looking forward to the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, everyone here is bitching and arguing about Smith. ARGH and UGH.

Comment

• When did Dan become the voice of reason?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• The only person complaining is Ness. He has made dealing with Dan seem like a pleasure cruise.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      When did Dan become the voice of reason?
                      End of the world?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                        End of the world?
                        Well, it is 2012.

Comment

• I just love that Alex only attempted 2 passes ,after they went up by 21, and yet he was the one blamed for the Rams comeback attempt.

Comment

• I stubbed my toe earlier today; cursed Alex Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I stubbed my toe earlier today; cursed Alex Smith.
                              I blame Chilo for everything that goes wrong.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Things aren't going well for our old friend Mike Singletary:
                                http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...red-flags.html

Per Pelissero’s report, concerns about Singletary’s “preparation has raised red flags.” Singletary has designated assistant Jeff Imamura to run position meetings, missed meetings the night before a game at Detroit to attend a wedding and “has occupied himself much of the season with side projects instead of the next opponent.”
                                At least he kept his pants on the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information