Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Pro teams have come out. There's a thread in the General section for full rosters. 5 49ers made the first-team All-Pro

-Justin Smith (DT)
    -Patrick Willis
    -NaVarro Bowman
    -David Akers
    -Andy Lee

2nd-team All-Pro

-Joe Staley
    -Carlos Rogers
    -Justin Smith again (DE)

How badass is it for Justin Smith to make the first AND second team All-Pro selections?

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
      All-Pro teams have come out. There's a thread in the General section for full rosters. 5 49ers made the first-team All-Pro

-Justin Smith (DT)
      -Patrick Willis
      -NaVarro Bowman
      -David Akers
      -Andy Lee

2nd-team All-Pro

-Joe Staley
      -Carlos Rogers
      -Justin Smith again (DE)

How badass is it for Justin Smith to make the first AND second team All-Pro selections?
      Extremely bad-ass. That might be the first time that's ever happened.

And Bailey will perform his Jimbaugh-inspired hit before our playoff game on Jan. 14th. And just released the offical video for "Who's Got It Better". Absolutely HAVE to go to a Niners home game before I leave this earth.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5El...ayer_embedded#!

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
        Absolutely HAVE to go to a Niners home game before I leave this earth
        I live in Dallas and the last (and only) time I saw a Niner game was the TO-on-the-star game. I want to see another, but that game was pretty epic, and couldn't be topped.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
          All-Pro teams have come out. There's a thread in the General section for full rosters. 5 49ers made the first-team All-Pro

-Justin Smith (DT)
          -Patrick Willis
          -NaVarro Bowman
          -David Akers
          -Andy Lee

2nd-team All-Pro

-Joe Staley
          -Carlos Rogers
          -Justin Smith again (DE)

Bowman made first team? That's awesome. Finally some respect.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            I live in Dallas and the last (and only) time I saw a Niner game was the TO-on-the-star game. I want to see another, but that game was pretty epic, and couldn't be topped.
            No, I've been to a Niners game. But seeing Bailey's video, I really want that experience of seeing my Niners in their own house, packed full of The Faithful.

Comment

• Did you grow up in the bay area before? Or are you someone that just happens to be from the east coast and grew up as a 49ers fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                Bowman made first team? That's awesome. Finally some respect.
                I love that he's getting the accolades, but its just going to make it that much tougher to keep him here. The going rate for All-Pro ILBs isnt cheap. Funny he makes first team All-Pro but is a reserve in the Pro Bowl. Just proves how much of a pagent the Pro Bowl really is.

Comment

• I think when the time goes, Bowman will stay with the 49ers.

Comment

Did you grow up in the bay area before? Or are you someone that just happens to be from the east coast and grew up as a 49ers fan?
                    Im from VA but grew up a Niner fan. Need to make it to the Bay though. One of these days....

Comment

I think when the time goes, Bowman will stay with the 49ers.
                      I hope so too. The combination of Bowman and Willis makes this defense very unique. But I think Bowman's emergence has overshadowed just how much of a complete LB Willis has become. His pass coverage hasn't really been talked about but he has taken his game to a whole new level and is hands down, the best ILB playing the game today. The tackles, the coverage and PBUs, the FFs, if he had not have been hurt, I think he would be in serious consideration for DPOY.

Comment

• Justin Smith is an animal and the only DT/ 3-4 End I would put above him right now is Ngata.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                          Im from VA but grew up a Niner fan. Need to make it to the Bay though. One of these days....
                          Why weren't you a Redskins fan?

Comment

Why weren't you a Redskins fan?
                            Because I hated the Redskins. I just never liked them. My dad is a Skins fan and alot of my friends were when I was a snotty-nosed lil runt. But I just didnt gravitate to them or their style of play. But I watch the Niners play the Dolphins in the Super Bowl when I was kid and was hooked. Before then, I didnt have a team I just had a favorite player, Walter Peyton. But I didnt really like anything about the Bears except Sweetness, lol. But growing up in area with alot of military, they were so many people I knew who were fans of different teams. I had a friend who was a Broncos fan, a friend who's dad was from Buffalo so he was a huge Bills fan. A Bucs fan, Steeler fan, Chargers fan......it was wide variety of kids you'd meet just playing football in the neighborhood and they'll tell you who they liked. Still like that today as well around here. Go to a sports bar here and you'll see almost every fan base come out and root for their squad.
                            Last edited by VAfy-ya; 01-06-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Oh alright. Interesting. I'm guessing you are a Virginia fan too. Did you attend the college?

Comment

Oh alright. Interesting. I'm guessing you are a Virginia fan too. Did you attend the college?
                                No, just a fan. Its a story behind all the teams I root for. I'm a UVA football fan. Didnt really watch college football until that 1990 season where UVA was ranked #1 in the country and was on the cusp of a National Championship. Up until then, I wasn't big on college football. I was a huge college basketball fan though. But enough about my fandom......

I was watching some coaches film on Youtube that a Niner fan from another site posted about our breakdowns on sacks against different teams and I can honestly say, without any hesitation that a OC is absolutely a #1 priority. More so than any other position on the team.
                                I've been saying we need a upgrade from Goodwin for months now, but to watch the coaches copy and see the breakdowns develop, its clear the guy is the weak link in the armour. Your OC has to play better than what this guy has given us. I just don't think he's the right fit for this scheme. Its hard to just single out one guy, but his breakdowns on crucial pass plays is alarming.
                                Last edited by VAfy-ya; 01-07-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information