This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
    No team has a bigger need for a QB than the 49ers? Really?

I'm not a big fan of what we've got, but I think thats going a little too far.

Hopefully we're not waiting around for Michael Vick to save this franchise...

This is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
      No team has a bigger need for a QB than the 49ers? Really?
      I said the exact same thing. What a ******* joker.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-building.html

Dan Reeves is in Santa Clara at this moment, interviewing with coach Mike Singletary and GM Scot McCloughan for the 49ers' offensive-coordinator position.
        This would be all kinds of win if he was hired.

Comment

• Dan Reeves would make me so happy, even if this brings on the Vick rumors.
          “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Reevs would be a great hire, I love the old school guys
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              Reevs would be a great hire, I love the old school guys
              its about time sf interviews someone decent

Comment

• I think it is funny that Linehan sad he wanted to move his family to Detroit. DETROIT! c'mon! who moves their family to Detroit?! This guy is a joke.

Comment

• makes u happy he reconsidered huh?
                  “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• I just read about the rumors about Vick and all I have to say is this -

If the 49ers ever sign Vick, that wil be the day that I stop being a 49ers fan and will also be the day that the history of great 49er QB's comes to an end. Granted, since Garcia, we havent had anyone great but hell, even I would rather have O'Sullivan instead of Vick.

And im really hoping for Reeves because its highly unlikely that any team offers him a HC spot.

Teams with a worse QB situation than us -

1) Lions (haha Linehan)
                    2) Chiefs
                    3) Vikings
                    4) Buccaneers (if Garcia leaves)
                    5) Raiders
                    6) Jaguars
                    7) Jets
                    8) Bills

Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      I just read about the rumors about Vick and all I have to say is this -

If the 49ers ever sign Vick, that wil be the day that I stop being a 49ers fan and will also be the day that the history of great 49er QB's comes to an end. Granted, since Garcia, we havent had anyone great but hell, even I would rather have O'Sullivan instead of Vick.

And im really hoping for Reeves because its highly unlikely that any team offers him a HC spot.
                      If the 49ers picked up Vick I wouldn't go as far as to say that I will stop being a niner fan but i respect your convictions. However, I am not a big fan of Vick as far as a consistent QB. He is an inconsistent QB, with subpar accuracy, who never seemed to have a great feel for the pro passing game. I would rather have a solid QB with limited mobility, and limited arm strength who can move the chains enough to let Frank do his thang (suprise we have that in Shaun Hill).

But yah, Reeves is the perfect smash mouth coach. And I would love to see Frank, Davis and Walker in his "full-house" formation.

Comment

• I would be shocked if they signed Vick. People are just saying **** and hoping a story comes of it. Why would anyone touch that guy? So he becomes a distraction? This isn't Dallas, the owner isnt desperate for a SB win.

Comment

• If they pick up Vick I really wouldn't know how to act.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by no love
                            If the 49ers picked up Vick I wouldn't go as far as to say that I will stop being a niner fan but i respect your convictions. However, I am not a big fan of Vick as far as a consistent QB. He is an inconsistent QB, with subpar accuracy, who never seemed to have a great feel for the pro passing game. I would rather have a solid QB with limited mobility, and limited arm strength who can move the chains enough to let Frank do his thang (suprise we have that in Shaun Hill).

But yah, Reeves is the perfect smash mouth coach. And I would love to see Frank, Davis and Walker in his "full-house" formation.
                            I hate Vick with a passion even before he was ever in any legal trouble. He's an average QB with great athletic ability and arm strength but that's as far as it goes. Every time I heard Madden or some other moron praise how great he was, I would feel like throwing up because it sickened me to no end. All Vick ever did was roll out, look for Crumpler and then take off if he was covered. He was basically a RB playing QB.

I said it before and I'll say it again, no matter what your opinion is of ex-49ers QB Tim Rattay, he basically matched and would have surpassed Vick in 2004 if he didnt get injured. And think about it, Rattay's best offensive player was TE Eric Johnson. Rattay had a worse offensive line, coaching, defense and was in complete rebuilding mode where as the Falcons went to the NFC Championship that year but lost to T.O. and the Eagles. While I was a fan of Rattay and just wish he was healthy back then, I think that it's safe to say that you suck if you cant out perform a QB who was on a 2-14 team but that's just me.

G / GS / CMP / ATT / PCT / YDS / AVG / TD / INT / SCK / FUM / LOST / RAT

Vick: 15 / 15 / 181 / 321 / 56.4 / 2313 / 14 / 12 / 46 / 16 / 7 / 78.1
                            Rattay: 9 / 9 / 198 / 325 / 60.9 / 2169 / 6.7 / 10 / 10 / 37 / 11 / 6 / 78.1

A HUGE MOTHER ******* NO THANKS TO MICHAEL *RON MEXICO* VICK!!!!!

Comment

• The Dallas comparison by Brent pretty much sums it up. There is no way, Mike Singletary brings in a guy who is going to be followed by a **** storm wherever he goes. I'm actually more interested in the fact that he's asking OC's what they think of Alex.

After Detroit (and linehan) ruin Stafford because they have a giant revolving door up front, they'll be the ones first in line for Vick. Bank on it.

And to whoever mentioned Davis, Walker, and Gore in a full house formation....i think you made my day.
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• vick is not going to come here. no way no how.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information