Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Well you cared enough to bring it up again.
    I didnt bring up Owens/Moss. I brought up the argument of a player being an asshole in the locker room compared to a player to was arrested. Doesnt matter who the player(s) are. My argument is that I believe getting arrested is far worse than being an asshole but again, thats just my own personal opinion.

    And you obviously care enough to keep replying to me bringing it up. Funny how that works, huh? LOL.
    Last edited by dan77733; 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM.

    Comment


    • Dan every time you talk about Owens/Moss, Jesus kills a kitten.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
        Dan every time you talk about Owens/Moss, Jesus kills a kitten.
        Awesome!!! I ******* hate kittens. Meowing all ******* night keeping my ass awake. Owens Moss Owens Moss Owens Moss Owens Moss Owens Moss. There we go. Ten more kittens killed. I should be able to sleep peacefully now. LMFAO.

        Comment


        • Sounds like you need to invest in some kitten mittens.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Borat View Post
            Sounds like you need to invest in some kitten mittens.
            Is that a fancy term for plastic bags?

            Comment


            • Random fact: Jim Harbaugh was charged with a DUI when he was coach at San Diego. I know a lot of the Stanford alumni were really angry they hired a guy coming off a DUI.

              For all of his fire, passion and throwback bravado, Harbaugh has stumbled, nearly to the detriment of his career. Early one Sunday morning in October 2005, he ran a stop sign, was stopped, arrested and charged with suspicion of drunken driving. He later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was sentenced to three years probation and given a $1,300 fine. During an interview with Stanford in April, Harbaugh mentioned the DUI before being asked about it. “I've brought that up with my players a few times,” he said. “I think that's made me a better counselor than I was before. The way I coached guys before that happened it was like, 'Why can't you get it?' 'Why can't you get it right?' 'You did this wrong, now fix it!' I was so much more of a perfectionist, to a fault. But I gained some understanding. In many ways it made me a better person, a better coach, a better counselor.”
              www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2008/sepoct/features/harbaugh.html

              Comment


              • I see Jimbaugh loves his red marker. Just noticed it in that pic way back when...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  I didnt bring up Owens/Moss. I brought up the argument of a player being an asshole in the locker room compared to a player to was arrested. Doesnt matter who the player(s) are. My argument is that I believe getting arrested is far worse than being an asshole but again, thats just my own personal opinion.

                  And you obviously care enough to keep replying to me bringing it up. Funny how that works, huh? LOL.
                  I wasn't the one that said I was done talking about it though. You were. You brought something completely irrelevant in an attempt to segway into what was previously being talked about in regards to Moss and Owens. Nice try in hiding that though.

                  Your quote:

                  Since Aldon was arrested last night with DUI, we should release him. After all, he's now going to be considered a potential problem and we cant have potential problems on our beloved 49ers, now can we???
                  Yeah you were clearly done talking about it. Not like players being considered potential problems had anything to do with the previous discussion of Moss and Owens that was being discussed before you said you were done talking about it. No not at all.

                  You didn't even have to use the names of Owens and Moss for the other posters to pick up on what you were eluding to.

                  Funny how you didn't say that you weren't talking about Moss and Owens when VAfy-ya replied to that quote I just posted here. In your response you made no qualms about it. But now that I caught you here, you deny you were trying to bring up Owens and Moss again? What because you didn't use their names or use an irrelevant topic matter to try and segway into that? VAfy-ya called you out on what situation A had to do with situation B and you went into a long post about how they were connected.
                  Last edited by Ness; 01-29-2012, 08:21 PM.

                  "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    I wasn't the one that said I was done talking about it though. You were. You brought something completely irrelevant in an attempt to segway into what was previously being talked about in regards to Moss and Owens. Nice try in hiding that though.

                    Your quote:



                    Yeah you were clearly done talking about it. Not like players being considered potential problems had anything to do with the previous discussion of Moss and Owens that was being discussed before you said you were done talking about it. No not at all.

                    You didn't even have to use the names of Owens and Moss for the other posters to pick up on what you were eluding to.

                    Funny how you didn't say that you weren't talking about Moss and Owens when VAfy-ya replied to that quote I just posted here. In your response you made no qualms about it. But now that I caught you here, you deny you were trying to bring up Owens and Moss again? What because you didn't use their names or use an irrelevant topic matter to try and segway into that? VAfy-ya called you out on what situation A had to do with situation B and you went into a long post about how they were connected.
                    I didnt mention Owens/Moss by name because I didnt mean them personally, I meant in general. Trust me, if I meant Owens/Moss, I would ******* say their name. I just dont like how people here think that getting arrested for whatever reason isnt worse than being an asshole in a locker room which is more times than not, full of egomaniac assholes but thanks for telling me what I meant to say when im sure you know by now that if I have something to say, I will say it and dont give a **** if I piss you or anyone else off.

                    My point is that if you dont want a player who's an asshole, why would you want a player who just got arrested and who knows, what happens if he becomes a problem in that regard? You dont know, this could just be the start of his problems because its apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem which is probably used to cover up some other potential problem like most people.

                    Bottom line is that BOTH affect the team period. If Smith is found guilty and gets suspended by the league for a few games, how would that NOT affect the team on the field? Come on. Whats really sad isnt the argument that we're having, but the argument that getting arrested isnt worse than being an asshole in the locker room is beyond sad because it shows me that you dont care if a player gets arrested as long as he's not an asshole in the locker room.

                    Also, if it was some crapper or nobody, this guy would have been released already which is also funny because it shows that management is just like you. We cant have an asshole who ruins team chemistry but lets keep a guy who was just arrested and hope he isnt guilty and gets suspended which would also screw up the team's chemistry.

                    Quite simply, its a double standard which is bullcrap. If you dont want a player who's an asshole, why the hell would you want a player who just got arrested? Seriously, all you guys here who argue this quite simply doesnt make any sense to me because there's no comparision in regards to which is worse. Getting arrested for whatever reason is far worse than just being an asshole.

                    But hey, you keep thinking whatever you want and I'll do the same.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      I didnt mention Owens/Moss by name because I didnt mean them personally, I meant in general. Trust me, if I meant Owens/Moss, I would ******* say their name. I just dont like how people here think that getting arrested for whatever reason isnt worse than being an asshole in a locker room which is more times than not, full of egomaniac assholes but thanks for telling me what I meant to say when im sure you know by now that if I have something to say, I will say it and dont give a **** if I piss you or anyone else off.

                      My point is that if you dont want a player who's an asshole, why would you want a player who just got arrested and who knows, what happens if he becomes a problem in that regard? You dont know, this could just be the start of his problems because its apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem which is probably used to cover up some other potential problem like most people.

                      Bottom line is that BOTH affect the team period. If Smith is found guilty and gets suspended by the league for a few games, how would that NOT affect the team on the field? Come on. Whats really sad isnt the argument that we're having, but the argument that getting arrested isnt worse than being an asshole in the locker room is beyond sad because it shows me that you dont care if a player gets arrested as long as he's not an asshole in the locker room.

                      Also, if it was some crapper or nobody, this guy would have been released already which is also funny because it shows that management is just like you. We cant have an asshole who ruins team chemistry but lets keep a guy who was just arrested and hope he isnt guilty and gets suspended which would also screw up the team's chemistry.

                      Quite simply, its a double standard which is bullcrap. If you dont want a player who's an asshole, why the hell would you want a player who just got arrested? Seriously, all you guys here who argue this quite simply doesnt make any sense to me because there's no comparision in regards to which is worse. Getting arrested for whatever reason is far worse than just being an asshole.

                      But hey, you keep thinking whatever you want and I'll do the same.
                      Every situation is different, which is something that you are forgetting. You are acting like A + B = C, which isn't the case. In regards to the specific players being talking about, Owens, Moss, and Smith, it's as clear as day as to what alternatives a fan would rather have for their team, well at least to most fans.

                      Aldon Smith was booked at around 9am which suggest that he did in fact take a rest before heading out and probably thought he was fine, but in fact he wasn't. And you have the nerve to say something as outlandish as "it's apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem". What? Because of one incident? Did he even have these problems when he was in college? Way to reach dude.

                      As far as Owens and Moss are concerned, they've been causing distractions on various teams for over 10 years a piece. Whether it's contract issues, not trying on the field, or just frustrated with the team if the team isn't winning. These players have been on a combined 9 teams and not one of them has a single ring. Not surprising given their history. Not to mention one is retired and the other one is in another league because not a single NFL team would take a chance on a 39 year old receiver with baggage issues. Not even for a tryout. Everyone has seen through Owen's antics long enough and no one is biting anymore.

                      Aldon Smith has had one incident. Just like John Taylor had one incident in the early 90's involving cocaine. Yet that didn't become an issue. It was one and done. You can't say that Smith has a problem as far as drinking and driving are concerned when he's only had this one incident in his career. Steve McNair and Jeff Garcia had a DUI once while they were at the top of their game. Doesn't mean they were players that had off the field problems. Again, one and done. So until it becomes apparent that Aldon Smith keeps having issues off the field, then you should reserve your own judgement.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Every situation is different, which is something that you are forgetting. You are acting like A + B = C, which isn't the case. In regards to the specific players being talking about, Owens, Moss, and Smith, it's as clear as day as to what alternatives a fan would rather have for their team, well at least to most fans.

                        Aldon Smith was booked at around 9am which suggest that he did in fact take a rest before heading out and probably thought he was fine, but in fact he wasn't. And you have the nerve to say something as outlandish as "it's apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem". What? Because of one incident? Did he even have these problems when he was in college? Way to reach dude.

                        As far as Owens and Moss are concerned, they've been causing distractions on various teams for over 10 years a piece. Whether it's contract issues, not trying on the field, or just frustrated with the team if the team isn't winning. These players have been on a combined 9 teams and not one of them has a single ring. Not surprising given their history. Not to mention one is retired and the other one is in another league because not a single NFL team would take a chance on a 39 year old receiver with baggage issues. Not even for a tryout. Everyone has seen through Owen's antics long enough and no one is biting anymore.

                        Aldon Smith has had one incident. Just like John Taylor had one incident in the early 90's involving cocaine. Yet that didn't become an issue. It was one and done. You can't say that Smith has a problem as far as drinking and driving are concerned when he's only had this one incident in his career. Steve McNair and Jeff Garcia had a DUI once while they were at the top of their game. Doesn't mean they were players that had off the field problems. Again, one and done. So until it becomes apparent that Aldon Smith keeps having issues off the field, then you should reserve your own judgement.
                        Fair enough.

                        Comment


                        • Here's a thought I'm just throwing out there, but what if we bring in Peyton Hillis? Everyone is getting worried about Gore, and Hillis brings that power-running style that Harbaugh loves. I also think that we could get good value for him coming off his injury.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            Here's a thought I'm just throwing out there, but what if we bring in Peyton Hillis? Everyone is getting worried about Gore, and Hillis brings that power-running style that Harbaugh loves. I also think that we could get good value for him coming off his injury.
                            Not really a fan of big backs his size. Once they lose any speed they already have, they are an easy target and start to average 3.0 yards per carry. I'd rather take my chances with an undrafted rookie around Gore's build. Wouldn't mind a little more height though. No thanks to Hillis. We already have a bruiser in Dixon.

                            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                              Here's a thought I'm just throwing out there, but what if we bring in Peyton Hillis? Everyone is getting worried about Gore, and Hillis brings that power-running style that Harbaugh loves. I also think that we could get good value for him coming off his injury.
                              Hell no. His work ethic sucks and he didnt even try to get healthy this year until what? December? No thanks, let him stay in CLE.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                                Here's a thought I'm just throwing out there, but what if we bring in Peyton Hillis? Everyone is getting worried about Gore, and Hillis brings that power-running style that Harbaugh loves. I also think that we could get good value for him coming off his injury.
                                Would prefer to grab a RB through the draft instead of paying for one on the market. You never know how much trend is left on the tires and you will probably have to overpay for a guy like Hillis. You take a look at the top 5 rushers this season and where they were draft:

                                1. MJD: 2nd Round, Pick 60
                                2. Ray Rice: 2nd Round, Pick 55
                                3. Michael Turner: 5th Round, Pick 154
                                4. LeSean McCoy: 2nd Round, Pick 53
                                5. Arian Foster: Undrafted

                                49ers pick so late in round 2 I could easily see them grabbing a RB at that spot if there is value there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information