Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big NO to Peyton Hillis. I still think he milked that injury because he was upset about not getting a new deal. Guys like that deserve to rot right where they are, not get rewarded by coming to a winner. Plus, Im never for signing RBs on the open market or trading for them unless its for cheap as back-up/depth......or unless their names are Forte or Foster. Seriously though, there are a rare few who I would go this route to get and Hillis defintely aint one of them.

Too many good, young studs in every draft and UDFAs to be paying guys who have alot of miles on their powertrain already. Find you a diamond in the rough. We always seem to. Think about our backfield if Blount had signed with us like he planned? Scary.....
    Last edited by VAfy-ya; 01-30-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
      Not really a fan of big backs his size. Once they lose any speed they already have, they are an easy target and start to average 3.0 yards per carry. I'd rather take my chances with an undrafted rookie around Gore's build. Wouldn't mind a little more height though. No thanks to Hillis. We already have a bruiser in Dixon.
      If only Dixon ran like it...

Comment

• I'm not very high in bringing in Hillis but I could see the Niners going in a different direction for a big back, cutting Dixon. Wouldn't shock me at all as he seemed to be in the doghouse early and really only played a little more on special teams (making some good tackles) as the season rolled on.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I agree with you guys for the most part, but if Hillis could, at worst, become a dominant short yardage threat, that would make it worth it for me. The Niners really need to figure out ways to cure the third down issues, and bringing in a big back to help move the chains would be a huge upgrade.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Chris Polk would not be a shocking pick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
              I agree with you guys for the most part, but if Hillis could, at worst, become a dominant short yardage threat, that would make it worth it for me. The Niners really need to figure out ways to cure the third down issues, and bringing in a big back to help move the chains would be a huge upgrade.
              I agree with your philosophy but Hillis isn't the answer, as the role you're describing could possibly be filled for him, but the price would be too high for the value/role he would be providing.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733
                Yep yep....im not really surprised at all. And while I dont care now since its past, what pissed me off the most is that no one in SF at the very least contacted Moss just to gauge his interest. Failing sucks but whats even worse is not trying to suceed at all. UGH.

*thinks of what could have been if SF contacted Moss* :(

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733
                  Yep yep....im not really surprised at all. And while I dont care now since its past, what pissed me off the most is that no one in SF at the very least contacted Moss just to gauge his interest. Failing sucks but whats even worse is not trying to suceed at all. UGH.

*thinks of what could have been if SF contacted Moss* :(
                  It must be nice living in Dan's world where one aging and decling WR changes the fortunes of a entire franchise. I also find it funny this notion of because we didnt go out and sign a Owens or a Moss that we were somehow 'not trying'. Like signing either of those two 'has-beens' meant we were all but assured to be basking in the glow of Lombardi #6 at this moment. No one knows what would have been, had Baalke tired to lure Moss out of retirement. But Im more inclined to believe that Harbaalke knew better than to ask a guy fresh off his couch and fresh off a season where he was bounce around from one team to another, to come in and be the savior of our passing game. Sounds too much like a fairytale to me.

Comment

• Hell if we signed moss we might as well sign Manning .

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                      Hell if we signed moss we might as well sign Manning .
                      Might as well fire Harbaugh, trade Patrick Willis, and tell Justin Smith to retire.

Might as well.

Comment

• Oh please. If Moss still has his speed, can you really say that he wouldnt have helped us against the Giants? Come on...Crabtree 1 rec for 3 yards. And everyone else did nothing. Even as a decoy, Moss would have been worth the risk for a few weeks. And with the chance to win a SB, Moss wouldnt have caused any problems and even if he did or we still lose, he would be gone anyway so whats the harm?

Sorry, but if Moss plays in 2012 and still has his speed, he's going to help whatever team he goes to and say whatever you want about him or Owens but at least on the field, both are still better than Crabtree, Morgan, Williams, Ginn and Swain. UGH.

Comment

• If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

In other news, Freddie Solomon passed away at 59 after battling colon and liver cancer. Rest in peace Freddie.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                            It must be nice living in Dan's world where one aging and decling WR changes the fortunes of a entire franchise. I also find it funny this notion of because we didnt go out and sign a Owens or a Moss that we were somehow 'not trying'. Like signing either of those two 'has-beens' meant we were all but assured to be basking in the glow of Lombardi #6 at this moment. No one knows what would have been, had Baalke tired to lure Moss out of retirement. But Im more inclined to believe that Harbaalke knew better than to ask a guy fresh off his couch and fresh off a season where he was bounce around from one team to another, to come in and be the savior of our passing game. Sounds too much like a fairytale to me.
                            We werent trying. We released Edwards who sucked and replaced him with Brett Swain or Joe Hastings or whoever the crapper was. Yeah, offensively whats our number one weakness right now??? Why, its a speed receiver on the outside who can spread out the secondary and whats that you say? Our number one priority in FA is a playmaking receiver to start opposite Crabtree??? Nah, no way. How could that be??? I mean our receivers did awesome in the Giants game. I only wish that I could have played as good as them in that game. Yep yep.

Sarcasm aside, the one weapon that we're going after is what we needed for our playoff run. And even if we didnt win the SB, how does signing Moss (or Owens) for six weeks hurt us long term? Answer....it doesnt. We had a chance to get to and win the SB and im sorry, if you subtract VD, we get blown out against the Saints and be one and done. But he cant do it alone. Crabtree is a decent at best receiver. We need a legitimate speed threat on the outside opposite Crabtree and until we get that, our offense will continue to suck especially in the redzone and instead of focusing on trying to improve inside the redzone 100%, why not get a receiver who can catch the ball outside the 20 and score TD's to where we wont even be in that situation to begin with?

Bottom line -

Crabtree 1 rec, 3 yds
                            All other WR's combined - nothing

Seriously, how the **** could Moss (and/or Owens) have done any worse than that?

I just find it funny that everyone here all of a sudden wants a legitimate number one receiver like Bowe, either Jackson, etc. but yet, I dont remember anyone saying that back in December. All everyone here was saying was that yeah, a practice squad guy is going to be elevated and oh my, a PS guy??? That guy will be the answer. Yeah, right. Sorry, but we had a chance to win our 6th SB and considering the last ******* decade of pure crap, why anyone here would be against contacting Moss/Owens back in December to help our offense for the playoffs in order to try to win the SB is ******* beyond me.

Instead, everyone here looks at ...he's an asshole, he's a problem...big deal. So is Crabtree and I dont see anyone wanting him gone and dont give me that he's young excuse because compared to Moss/Owens, Crabtree sucks and will never ever be number one receiver for us period and if he does, I will literally kiss everyone's ass here.

Everyone here bashes me because im a T.O. fanboy and like Moss too but considering who our receivers are, can anyone really blame me for wanting either or both for SIX weeks? We have average at best receivers and now, all of a sudden, our number one priority in FA is a WR and thats what everyone here all of a sudden wants.

I look at it this way - we had a chance to win our 6th SB and what did we need the most on our offense - another receiver and despite whatever crap, its for six weeks and even if we still lose and Owens/Moss bashes the team or whatever, who the **** cares when he would be gone anyway??? It would have been a six week rental and thats it. To me, the gamble would have easily been worth the risk but instead, here we are heading into FA and whats our number one need and priority??? Oh yeah, thats right, its at the position that we needed eight weeks ago.

But yeah, my idea doesnt make any sense or its fantasy or whatever. For six weeks, who gives a ****!!! What's the worse that could happen??? We lose??? Oh wait, we did.

Comment

• Yes, we can blame you. I don't know why you have a hard-on for ancient players who are either unhealthy (Owens) or lost most of his speed and did NOTHING for 3 separate teams the last season he played (Moss.)

I agree that WR needs to be upgraded, and NEEDED to be upgraded before the playoffs. However, there are lesser-known players that can offer more than these "has-beens" with name-recognition.

Dan Snyder played this game for over a decade. There's a reason the Redskins have sucked. And it's not for the owner's willingness to pay old, washed-up players to come to his team.

Comment

• Give it a rest Dan. I think Harbaugh and Baalke have earned our trust. If they didn't feel T.O. and/or Moss was a good idea, then I 100% back that stance. Owens knee is garbage now and Moss was horrendous 2 years ago when he played for ******* 3 ******* teams in the first 8 weeks.

Let me clue you in on something ... just because someone has speed, doesn't mean all the ills of the offense will somehow be cured.

Let me clue you in on something else .... the Giants dropped 7 guys in coverage for most of that game. Moss would have done absolutely nothing except run deep for the majority of the first half and then quit the rest of the game when he realized that it would have been monumentally stupid for Alex to attempt to throw to him.

But hey, let's not let stupid things like defensive strategy and ... you know ... common sense get in the way of a good bitchfest.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information