This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    I don't see him making much of a contribution. But he did piggyback off Jared Allen's hardwork. Maybe he could do the same with Justin Smith.
    He's not a 5-Tech in any shape or form though. If they brought him in, I'm almost certain it would be as a situational pass-rusher. He'd basically play Aldon's role last year....DE in our nickel package to help with the pass-rush during the playoffs. I'm sure they don't want Brooks and Aldon to wear down through the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs. Having a extra guy to provide pressure would be great. And I think they might want take a look at guys in case of injury. Aldon is nursing a banged up shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
      He's not a 5-Tech in any shape or form though. If they brought him in, I'm almost certain it would be as a situational pass-rusher. He'd basically play Aldon's role last year....DE in our nickel package to help with the pass-rush during the playoffs. I'm sure they don't want Brooks and Aldon to wear down through the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs. Having a extra guy to provide pressure would be great. And I think they might want take a look at guys in case of injury. Aldon is nursing a banged up shoulder.
      This.

I'm sure Baalke is doing due-diligence in kicking the tires on someone who has flashed significant sack ability at times. The way he fell off in Atlanta with Abraham opposite him is alarming, however.

Comment

• I'm guessing we'll go 2-2 in our last four. Winning against the Dolphins, losing to the Patriots, losing to Seattle, and then beating Arizona at home to give us a record of 10-5-1. I just hope that enough to win the division. If Seattle gets one more loss it should be, because they would have 6 losses, and 10-5-1 is better than 10-6. It would be great if we could get on more than a two game winning streak this season. Maybe just lose one more game down the stretch. Don't see it happening though. The Patriots are the Patriots (can't remember the last time they lost in December) and Seattle hasn't lost at home this season.

Our guys are really starting to get banged up too. Manningham, Culliver (illness) and Brown didn't practice today and Aldon has a bad shoulder. Not sure how much longer Gore will last either. I don't expect much from the rookies, but regardless we need help.
        Last edited by Ness; 12-06-2012, 12:51 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I'm still hoping that we'll finish 12-3-1. The tie and loss to the Rams is going to bite us in the ass. We should beat the Dolphins but then again, we should have beat the Rams both times so who knows???

James and Jenkins need to play. Mainly James though to fill the role that Hunter had as a receiver and runner. Have to give Gore some rest down the stretch for the playoffs.

One thing is for sure, we need that second bye.

Comment

• I'm seriously tired of ppl saying Bowman is better than Willis. People who don't understand that Pat's role has changed and he isn't always asked to come downhill and play strictly in the box like he was before Bowman was his running buddy. This guy covers opposing TEs week after week, man coverage and quietly does a outstanding job. Just look at the numbers opposing TEs have put up against us. Only 2 TDs giving up all year(in weeks 1 and 2 respectively) and not one TE has over 50 yards receiving agaisnt us. I'm talking about guys like Finley, Pettigrew, Jimmy Graham, Chandler, Bennett from the Giants, and Lance Kendricks. That's great work and its not all Willis, but the majority of it, especially in the base set. He's become a complete LB. I love Bowman as much as the next guy but Willis is still the man and the best at his position. Even more so now. Tackles aren't what defines a LB anymore.

Comment

• Bowman is awesome but Willis is definitely better. In time, who knows but right now, nope. Willis is in my opinion the best 3-4 ILB in the league and would be the best MLB if we were running the 4-3. Either way, the best. Willis is like a 9.5 and Bowman is a 9.0. LOL. :)

Comment

• I'm bored so here's a 53 man roster projection. Bold- gameday inactives

QB: Kaepernick (McCoy, Tolzien)
                RB/FB: Gore (Hunter, James, Miller, Dixon)
                TE: Davis (McDonald, Celek)
                WR: Boldin, Williams (Patton, Moore, Collie, Jenkins)
                OL: Staley, Davis, Iupati, Boone, Kilgore (Goodwin, Snyder, Looney)

DL: Smith, Williams, McDonald (Dobbs, Dorsey,)
                OLB: Brooks, Smith (Lemonier, Haralson, Skuta)
                ILB: Willis, Bowman (Wilhoite, Moody)
                CB: Brown, Rogers (Asomugha, Brock, Cox, Morris)
                S: Reid, Whitner (Dahl, Spillman, Robinson)

K: Dawson
                P: Lee
                LS: Jennings

KR/PR: James, Cox, Williams

PS: BJ Daniels, DJ Harper, Ricardo Lockette, Carter Bykowski, Al Netter, Lawrence Okoye, Marcus Cooper, Michael Thomas

PUP: Crabtree, Manningham
                IR: Culliver, Fleming, Carswell, Debniak
                NFI: Lattimore, Marquardt, Carradine, Dial

Notable cuts: Kassim Osgood, Chad Hall, Will Tuakufu, Cam Johnson

If/when Carradine and Dial get back, whoever the bottom 2 players elsewhere on the roster will go- possibly a WR like Collie, and maybe Dixon if we like our other Special Teamers (with his 50 carries the last 2 years, i don't see him as a guy we can count on consistently on offense).
                Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 08-13-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Morris over Eric Wright?

I'd hate to see Osgood go. He really is a HOF caliber ST player.

Comment

• Here's my final 53 -

QB / 3 - Kaepernick, McCoy, Daniels (R)
                    RB / 6 - Gore, Hunter, James
                    FB / 8 - Miller, Dixon
                    WR / 14 - Boldin, Williams, Patton (R), Jenkins, Moore, Osgood
                    TE / 17 - Davis, McDonald (R), Celek
                    C / 19 - Goodwin, Kilgore
                    OG / 22 - Iupati, Boone, Snyder
                    OT / 25 - Staley, Davis, Bykowski (R)

DE / 30 - Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Tukuafu, Okoye (R)
                    DT / 32 - Williams, Divens
                    OLB / 36 - Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier (R)
                    ILB / 40 - Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Moody (R)
                    CB / 46 - Rogers, Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Wright, Brock
                    FS / 48 - Reid (R), Spillman
                    SS / 50 - Whitner, McBath

K / 51 - Dawson
                    P / 52 - Lee
                    LS / 53 - Jennings

PS - RB D.J. Harper (R), WR Ricardo Lockette, TE MarQueis Gray (R), OG Al Netter (or Looney if eligible), OT Kenny Wiggins, DE Tony Jerod-Eddie, DT Mike Purcell (R) and CB Marcus Cooper (R)

IR - FB Alex Debniak (R), WR Brandon Carswell, LB Darius Fleming and CB Chris Culliver

PUP - WR Mario Manningham and WR Michael Crabtree

NFI - RB Marcus Lattimore (R), OT Luke Marquadt (R), DE Tank Carradine (R) and DT Quinton Dial (R)

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      Morris over Eric Wright?
                      Wright will probably start the year on the NFI list and won't count against the 53 man roster. With that being said, seriously doubt Morris makes the team. He's PS bound, if anything. Too many bodies needed elsewhere to waste a spot on a UDFA 6th string CB, who probably wouldn't suit up for a game this year.

Comment

• DeMarcus Dobbs is suspended one game without pay. Sucks.

The San Francisco 49ers issued a press release a few minutes ago, stating the defensive lineman Demarcus Dobbs was suspended for one game for violating the NFL Substance Abuse policy. Dobbs will miss the the team's season opener against the Green Bay Packers. Dobbs would not count against the 53-man roster during his one-game suspension.
                        http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/8/1...-for-violating

Comment

• Colin Kaepernick made the cover of GQ.

Comment

• Madden 25 player ratings for the 49ers and Ravens. Obviously I only posted this year for the 49ers which is halfway through the video. If you care that is.

Comment

• I played the demo of Madden NFL 25 and I wasnt impressed. The camera is too far away. And im not a fan of removing auto sprint. I thought that was one of the best ideas Tiburon has had in years but like others, now its gone.

I wasnt going to buy it but because NFL Sunday Ticket will no longer be available on PS3, I have to buy M25 collector's edition which includes NFL ST. $100 total. I actually save $200.

Love the OL - Staley at 96, Iupati at 95, Goodwin at 85, Boone at 89 and Davis at 90.

Comment

• Carlos Rogers a 90 was kind of funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information