Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think Easily can play in the 3-4 ? I would love for us to pick him in round one if hes there if not a CB would be nice or Lee if he falls to us.

Comment

• You mean Kony Ealy?

I believe he can. He's built a bit in between Aldon Smith and Tank Carradine but his style of play is similar to Aldon.

It would seem odd to place such a priority on OLB though with Lemonier being so young. But BPA is BPA.

Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Demarcus Lawrence or Randy Gregory with one of the late 2nd or multiple 3rd picks, though.
      Last edited by phlysac; 12-30-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Looks like we lost offensive line coach Tim Drevno to USC as an offensive line coach. Strange. I wonder if he got a significant pay raise.

And Jim Tomsula might actually be in the mix as a head coaching candidate. I certainly hope not. He has been fantastic coaching up our players. That being said, I would be happy for him if he actually got an NFL head coaching job. Or even a promotion to coordinator.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...ad-coach-looks

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• By the way, Carlos Rogers' status is uncertain for the Green Bay playoff game after he tweaked his hamstring. We brought back Perrish Cox as a countermeasure.

As the 49ers began preparing Monday for their playoff showdown with the Green Bay Packers, cornerback Carlos Rogers headed for an MRI exam on his injured right hamstring.

That means the 49ers could be doing a secondary shuffle before facing a Packers passing attack that ranked sixth in the NFL -- even without quarterback Aaron Rodgers for much of the season.

The 49ers bolstered their defensive backfield Monday by signing cornerback Perrish Cox, although Coach Jim Harbaugh said the team planned on that transaction even before Rogers went down late in Sunday's victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
          http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...playoff-opener

Comment

• Our 2014 opponents:

Home: Chicago, Kansas City, Philadelphia, San Diego, Washington, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis

Away: Dallas, New Orleans, New York Giants, Denver, Oakland, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis

Other than our divisional games, our home schedule looks pretty easy. Our road games are a little tough, but not bad. A lot will obviously change by next year of course. Having to go to New Orleans for a third straight year is ridiculous though. They should come here.

Comment

• NO NO I mean Dominic Easiley from Florida.
              Last edited by 49erNation85; 12-31-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Drenvo was JH's longest tenured assistant, going back to his SD University days. But seeing as we have two O-Line coaches, I don't think we'll miss him much. Solari is considered one of the best in the business so we should be fine.

I don't think Tomsula is a viable HC canidiate yet. Sure people will want to interview him because he's a exceptionally good position coach. But he would have to have a tremendous interview to come away with a HC gig. And there's the stigma that very few positional coaches make the successful leap to HC(John Harbaugh and Andy Reid are the only ones that come to mind). I understand he was a HC in NFL Europe but that's the equivalent of being a D-League coach in the NBA. Night and day difference. I think he'll interview to get his name out there. GMs will tell him what to improve on in the interview process so he's better prepared for the next go round of vacancies.

Comment

• First post of the new year. Happy new years to all of you!

How's everyone feeling about that Packer game?

Its supposed to be like -30 F with the wind chill and both Rogers and Wright injured their hamstrings (Wright today in practice). I think the cold will affect the game, but won't provide a tangible benefit to one team just because nobody can prepare for that cold of a day. I am worried about how our pass defense will hold up down 2 important players though....it would leave Perrish Cox and Daryl Morris as our immediate backup Corners....

Comment

• Dan's name keeps appearing under my posts. He does know he is still on ignore correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      Dan's name keeps appearing under my posts. He does know he is still on ignore correct?
                      Forgot about that. Didnt know I was dealing with ******* 12 year old's. Dont worry, this is the last post im quoting from you.

Comment

• http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-getting-worse

Yeah, there's no tension or problems. Whatever. Until Harbaugh gets what he wants, this situation is only going to get worse.

My move would be to unload Harbaugh, Roman, Fangio, Kaepernick and Crabtree. They had their chance and didnt get it done. Time to move on and start over. Harbaugh isnt worth what he wants and neither is Kaepernick and Crabtree.

Definitely dont want to see York pick Harbaugh over Baalke. UGH.

Comment

• I guess he doesn't know.

Anyways, Mike Evans ran a better 40 time than I thought he would. Looked pretty solid on the gauntlet drill as well. Not sure how he did on the other drills. Rewatching the combine again, it's really hard to put much stock into what is being conducted. Obviously it's better than nothing, but as a fan you really can't garner that much from workouts. At least to me. I think Evans' stock might continue to rise and the 49ers would have to move heaven and Earth just to have a chance at him.
                          Last edited by Ness; 02-24-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness
                            This is the funniest part of it all. The people out there that claim, without evidence, that Harbaugh wants this high authority and absolute control on how the team conducts it's operations. Maybe he wants more authority, but no one knows this for sure. The people acting like they do are idiots. Especially since Harbaugh didn't ask for that king of authority when he decided to sign with the 49ers. Could have continued his college career and waited another season for a better opportunity where he would have that kind of power given to him. But he didn't.
                            Of course he didn't ask before because he was heading into a new situation with a hierarchy already established. But now that he's been coaching in the league for a couple years and believes HE knows what's best for HIS team and seeing how successful HIS teams have been, you don't think he beleives he now knows what it takes to put the team over the top? And him and Baalke have had serious clashes as to what that is? JH is the kind of guy that with more success comes more demands. He wasn't in a position to ask for more power in the beginning. But with his unparalleled level of success, he feels like now he should have final say on who's drafted and who gets brought in as a FA. He should be the last voice when it comes to the team he coaches. I find that very plausible because, well..that sounds like JH. The same guy who made them switch the which side of the new stadium would be the vistors side and the Niners side and totally screwd with the layout the team had planned. That's the JH that is very demanding and wears out his welcome. Where there's smoke there's fire. It would be totally foolish to dismiss all this as media speculation and hyperbole. They're were rumblings that he was rubbing ppl at the Stanford the wrong way and he and the AD were bumping heads and that's why he was ready to bolt to the NFL. When he was first hired, a lot pundits wonder aloud how would Baalke and JH, two very intense and driven individuals would get along. This is not the first sign of things not being peachy for those that have been paying attention. I don't think anyone thought things were quite this bad to be having even minor discussions about a trade but JH being the Niners coach for the forseeable future doesn't seem very realistic at this point. If tensions really are that strained, and JH isn't bucking from his demands, which incude 10 mil a year. And Jed is steadfast in his rebuttal and won't move an inch, then where do you see this going?
                            Last edited by VAfy-ya; 02-24-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bout-harbaugh/

I think that there's a lot more to all of this than meets the eye. Personally, Harbaugh isnt worth $10m a year until he wins a Super Bowl and is currently, far more trouble than what he's worth.

If they cant reach an agreement on a contract extension soon and by soon, I mean a few weeks, not a few months, I would just release him from his contract and move on. No way in hell would I choose Harbaugh over Baalke and reports have said that Harbaugh also clashes with team President Paraag Marathe who is our cap guy. If im wrong on this, please correct me.

Either way, to be perfectly honest, I would move on already and I would also be using the Combine to explore traded for Kaepernick and Crabtree. This entire situation is going nowhere fast and the longer it goes, the bigger the problem is going to get. Harbaugh is quite simply a power hungry egomaniac and I could understand if he won a Super Bowl but he hasnt and the team was so unprepared that its not even funny.

Looking at the Seahawks, they have a far better setup in place which is evident. 49ers need to cut the cord with Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio and simply move on.

If the 49ers can get an awesome trade package for Kaepernick and Crabtree, I would do it and just move on, especially after reading that Kaepernick wants $18m a year. Then, add what Crabtree wants and this entire team can become screwed overnight by three guys. Its simply not worth it. I rather take a year to rebuild as opposed to five years being stuck in cap hell due to outrageous player contracts that arent even deserved.

I know im probably the only one who feels this way but if there's no extension for Harbaugh this off-season and he's most likely going to leave in a year from now anyway, I would just let him leave now. I wouldnt waste a year with the end result being the same.

Comment

• http://ninercaphell.com/2014/02/24/c...5k-from-1-35m/

49ers reduced safety Craig Dahl's 2014 base salary from $1.35m to $825k for a savings of $525k. Waiting for info on his roster and workout bonuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information