Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bah i just lost a bunch of what else i wrote, i was saying that i think if the niners got another 2nd round pick it would provide us w/ a ton of flexibiliy with the first pick. the reason i feel locked into grabbing oher if hes there is because i feel like we have to grab one of the safeties, johnson or delmas (who apparently has been great at senior bowl week?) in the second. if we had two 2nd rders, we could then get loadholt and be solid at those two positions. lets say the obtained pick is later in the 2nd round.

1. Raji - im coming around to him after this week. we could also go orakpo/brown, crabtree, or sanchez. because we have safety and tackle addressed in the second we can really go after bpa.
    2. loadholt or britton if he lasts
    2. r johnson/delmas- if they are both available we could also get english here which would be risky if both safeties got picked in the 15 or so picks between late 2nd rd and p10 in the 3rd. i like english but not enough to risk that.
    3. jasper brinkley mlb - this guy is a monster, 6-2 275 and would be the perfect bart scott type to groom behind spikes. also, worrell williams ilb from cal would be good. if we didnt get raji in the first we could also go after an nt like brace or terrance taylor from michigan.
    4. jeremiah johnson rb- get on board! i dont know if hell last now due to senior bowl but i love him as gore's back up.
    5. pat white wr/wildcat extrodinaire.
    6. bpa
    7. bpa

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
      bah i just lost a bunch of what else i wrote, i was saying that i think if the niners got another 2nd round pick it would provide us w/ a ton of flexibiliy with the first pick. the reason i feel locked into grabbing oher if hes there is because i feel like we have to grab one of the safeties, johnson or delmas (who apparently has been great at senior bowl week?) in the second. if we had two 2nd rders, we could then get loadholt and be solid at those two positions. lets say the obtained pick is later in the 2nd round.

1. Raji - im coming around to him after this week. we could also go orakpo/brown, crabtree, or sanchez. because we have safety and tackle addressed in the second we can really go after bpa.
      2. r johnson/delmas- if they are both available we could also get english here which would be risky if both safeties got picked in the 15 or so picks between late 2nd rd and p10 in the 3rd. i like english but not enough to risk that.
      3. jasper brinkley mlb - this guy is a monster, 6-2 275 and would be the perfect bart scott type to groom behind spikes. also, worrell williams ilb from cal would be good. if we didnt get raji in the first we could also go after an nt like brace or terrance taylor from michigan.
      4. jeremiah johnson rb- get on board! i dont know if hell last now due to senior bowl but i love him as gore's back up.
      6. bpa
      7. bpa
      Yes I love the first three picks but there is no way we can get two 2nd rounders. We should not draft Brace or any other D lineman not named Rajji, we already have depth, we just need a star. I like the J Johson pick, we could also take Andre Brown in the 3rd since having a quality backup is so important and he has played well in the senior bowl
      CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Ok after we all just spent the past week lusting over Raji, is there anyone concerned that he was a no show during the SR bowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
          Ok after we all just spent the past week lusting over Raji, is there anyone concerned that he was a no show during the SR bowl?
          Not really to tell you the truth. I think he might have gotten caught up into too much of the media hype.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
            bah i just lost a bunch of what else i wrote, i was saying that i think if the niners got another 2nd round pick it would provide us w/ a ton of flexibiliy with the first pick. the reason i feel locked into grabbing oher if hes there is because i feel like we have to grab one of the safeties, johnson or delmas (who apparently has been great at senior bowl week?) in the second. if we had two 2nd rders, we could then get loadholt and be solid at those two positions. lets say the obtained pick is later in the 2nd round.

6. bpa
            7. bpa
            Like Worrell Williams in the mid-rounds, nice consistent play out of him during his tenure at CAL. Given a few years he could blossom. Jeremiah Johnson would be an amazing value in the 4th. Doubt he lasts, but would be a great compliment to our run game
            “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• From Maiocco's Q&A:
              http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...qa-time-1.html
              Question: Any chance the 49ers make a run at TJ Houshmandzadeh? He's 31, but he seems to be right in his prime. Or do the 49ers like their future with Hill, Morgan and Zeigler?

My response: Sure, there's a chance the 49ers go after him. I've heard rumblings the 49ers are going to concentrate on tackle, receiver and safety in free agency. Houshmandzadeh would be a very attractive addition to the team.
              Digging through the free agent list all three spots seem to be pretty weak. For tackle I will keep beating the Vernon Carey drum. Not sure how I feel about giving a lot of money to Whosyourmamma but the guy still puts up numbers even in a down year with a crappy QB. For safety I have seen Barrows throw around O.J. Atogwe and Jim Leonhard name. I liked Leonhard a lot, watching him this post season, but I wonder about his coverage ability, especially since he would have to cover a lot of ground with Lewis basically playing linebacker in our system.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                I wonder about his coverage ability, especially since he would have to cover a lot of ground with Lewis basically playing linebacker in our system.
                I thought Leonhard was a SS?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• TJ would be a nice addition, but I don't think he will be looked at. We are moving towards a run heavy offense so I see a big time free agent being in the order of a RT or a FS. I like the way that our young WR are developing well, and TJ would take away valuable experience from them.
                  “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I thought Leonhard was a SS?
                    Yes he is but I assume SF would only have interest in playing him at FS since we have solid depth behind Lewis. I could be wrong though and maybe they want him as a KR/PR and special teamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      Yes he is but I assume SF would only have interest in playing him at FS since we have solid depth behind Lewis. I could be wrong though and maybe they want him as a KR/PR and special teamer.
                      If he can cover then I love it.

Comment

• So, if they are waiting for the Super Bowl to be played before poaching off one of those teams rosters, I am going to guess someone from the Steelers. And if I had to guess... I would go with Ken Anderson, their QB coach. If even that. Who knows. At this point, I am just waiting for someone random to be named that no one saw coming.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Post Senior Bowl Mock

1. Michael Oher T, Ole Miss
                          2. Louis Delmas FS, Western Mich
                          3. Clay Mattews OLB, USC
                          4. Rashad Jennings HB, Liberty
                          5. Juaquin Iglesias WR, OU
                          6. Zach Follet LB, Cal
                          7. Graham Harrell QB, Texas Tech

Comment

• Dont see Matthews or Iglesias there after the SR bowl. I

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              So, if they are waiting for the Super Bowl to be played before poaching off one of those teams rosters, I am going to guess someone from the Steelers. And if I had to guess... I would go with Ken Anderson, their QB coach. If even that. Who knows. At this point, I am just waiting for someone random to be named that no one saw coming.
                              I personally am kinda hoping it's Reevs now.

Comment

• I thought I wanted Reeves but now Im not sure after I read this:

"This story took me by surprise. The idea that Dan Reeves would want to be an offensive coordinator in the NFL after being away from the game was a little shocking to say the least. Reeves has not been around the game for some time, and even though he was a great head coach, it might be a major reach for him to come back and reacquaint himself with the NFL. It’s difficult to be away from the game for an extended period, and unless you remain up to date on all the changes in the league in terms of personnel and scheme, it’s extremely difficult. Look no further than Joe Gibbs, who is in the Hall of Fame and whose coaching was based on great offensive football. He tried coming back with the Redskins but could never adjust to the new defensive schemes.

Reeves ran a very complex offensive scheme as a head coach and relied on his longtime assistants to help him install the offense and teach his system to the players. At San Francisco, he would not have the luxury of having his staff around him, and he would be the person who would have to teach the system to the coaches. That would be a very challenging endeavor.

I admire Reeves for being willing to set aside his ego and take a coordinator’s job, but this doesn’t make sense. Reeves is used to being in control and he’s used to delegating his ideas and letting someone else run with them. The role of the coordinator is to know all the details and to make sure that nothing is left to chance. This would be hard adjustment for any longtime former head coach, let alone someone who has been away from the day-to-day grind for so long.

What seems a little strange to me is that Mike Singletary didn’t have a plan or person in mind before he fired Mike Martz. Moving out Martz and not knowing who might be his replacement is very risky. Martz is a good coach, and all the cries for a larger presence in the run game may be justified, but his mind and his ability to create great match-ups in the passing game will be hard to duplicate.

Hue Jackson is an outstanding coach, and he has enough confidence to take over the 49ers’ offense. Many in the league feel the team’s offense will be very difficult to improve because of the lack of a legitimate quarterback, but Jackson has the moxie and the motivation to prove he’s a great offensive coach and can make it work even without the quarterback. "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information