This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    2012 Ravens (whom won the Super Bowl by defeating the Niners,) have less players on their current roster from that squad than the Niners do. But the media tale is strong.
    Ha. If you recall correctly the Ravens received a ton of coverage in the aftermath of their SB roster decimation. They have since followed it up with a series of very strong moves to rebuild, which is why it is not a story now. The 49ers however, have all of the roster turnover the Ravens did, fired a wildly successful coach, and have a slew of players retiring prematurely. It's a completely fair portrayal for the media to cover those stories, and look pessimistically on an 8-8 team which lost by far the most snaps from last season than anyone else.

Any rational human who isn't a raging homer would feel the same way too.
    Last edited by cmarq83; 06-11-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
      Friend or not, I'm sure Baalke saw the writing on the wall in regards to Harbaugh. Baalke hired the man. If he was so much of a friend and so adamant about him staying, he would still be the coach. Jed defers EVERYTHING to Baalke so to assert that Harbaugh is no longer the coach soley because Jed wanted him gone is very illogical and naive IMO. I have a few friends who I consider good ppl outside of the work environment. But having worked with a some of them, I understand that some don't work well with others. Doesn't make them a crappy friend, just a crappy co-worker.
      We don't know who Jed defers to an how many he does or doesn't. It could have been mom and pop that wanted Jed to pull the trigger. It could have been his good buddy Marathe. There is no report anywhere that says Jed bows down to Trent in all aspects.

I still think Harbs was fired before he should have been.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
        Ha. If you recall correctly the Ravens received a ton of coverage in the aftermath of their SB roster decimation. They have since followed it up with a series of very strong moves to rebuild, which is why it is not a story now. The 49ers however, have all of the roster turnover the Ravens did, fired a wildly successful coach, and have a slew of players retiring prematurely. It's a completely fair portrayal for the media to cover those stories, and look pessimistically on an 8-8 team which lost by far the most snaps from last season than anyone else.

Any rational human who isn't a raging homer would feel the same way too.
        Questioning the validity of the talent remaining on the team is one thing. Questioning the retirement of a career due to a coaching change is abusrdly asinine. But the latter has been the storyline for a ton national media outlets. To suggest player's are weak-minded enough to walk away from a game they love and a livelihood few can attain because of staff upheaval is the media fishing for drama and nothing else. Yes, we had bunch guys retire for their own personal and individual reasons. That's the end of the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          We don't know who Jed defers to an how many he does or doesn't.
          You know just as much about that as you do just how much Harbaugh deserved to be fired.

You pick and choose what you want to "know" based on the angle you present in your arguments.

I don't know what happened behind closed doors. I know the team fell apart on the field in 2014 (mainly on offense) and in the media in 2014. Those were the two areas that Harbaugh was the face of. He was fired.

Enter 2015... I am a fan of the 49ers and root for them until I see a product on the field not worth rooting for. To bash the 2015 49ers prior to them ever playing a game is asinine, in MY opinion.

But just earlier you said that winning games is all that matters. If that's true, shouldn't you be allowing the 2015 team to play before you bash everything about the moves?

Comment

• That sucked badly.

Comment

• Kap era is about done for me...

Comment

• I'm all for firing Chryst and promoting Sporano

Comment

• trade just made...nick easton and 6th rd pick for gerald hodges linebacker..i thought we were good on D?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                    trade just made...nick easton and 6th rd pick for gerald hodges linebacker..i thought we were good on D?
                    Trade makes no sense at all. Out of all the problems the team, inside linebacker isn't one of them. Sad part is that I don't recall seeing Easton play at all which is a shame since he was the highest rated center during pre-season by PFF. I'm assuming that Kilgore is getting ready to return and push Martin to RG or back to the bench.

Overall, defense has been average at best. Mangini needs to play more man defense than anything else as that's their strong suit. Playing all this other cover schemes just isn't working.

Either way, it's going to be a long dreadful season.

Comment

• I'm having a hard time deciding which player is the greater waste of air: Kaepernick, VD, Vance Mcdonald, Marcus Martin, Erik Pears, Michael Wilhoite, or Trumaine Brock. Right now I'm leaning towards Vance Mcdonald, but I have to admit I'm a bit biased. I've zeroed in on the stench of garbage that is Vance Mcdonald for a while. I should probably just stick to Kaepernick whose actually regressed to turd as opposed to pick on a dude that's been turd since he was drafted.

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ig-to-seahawks

guy hit it on the money

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                          On the other hand, it is Grant Cohn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                            On the other hand, it is Grant Cohn.
                            I'll give you that. Bottom line as a fan, I am shocked and at times not shocked by the online writers and reports being made. The team is in disarray and it's not shocking they are already asking for the main heads of the team to go.

Tomsula, seems like a great guy but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know if your losing...why not go for a score late in the 4th quarter? instead we punt...

Ballke. His obsessions with torn ACL players in late round drafts, track record of 1st round busts...has made me believe he is not fit any longer to make personnel decisions that will enable success for this team. The election of Geep Chryst and Eric Mangini is another story but this is another position that needs updated.

Kap. So far his first game was the only game I can sit here and say with full honesty " man, he actually looks good "..WAY TOO INCONSISTENT has been the theme song for this guy. It's time to look elsewhere.

I have been a fan since the 80's...and this is the worst it's been. Yes I was here during the Erickson, Singletary, Nolan days. But this...this is just terrible. The Yorks have made a terrible decision and are ruining what the team used to stand for. Hard work, determination, and hungry. Where is the drive? Who's able to stand and rise now?

I typically don't get mad and it's not my style but watching this team play gives me a borderline heart attack.

Comment

• Good bye Vernon Davis. Shipped to the Broncos for two 6th round picks. He's been a good Niner and had some memorable games but he checked out last year, has been so-so this year battling injuries and was definitely going to go elsewhere after the season, so I'm glad they got some value for him. Niners at least have a projected 12 picks in the upcoming draft (including 4 comp selections). The question is, who will be making those picks?

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                                Good bye Vernon Davis. Shipped to the Broncos for two 6th round picks. He's been a good Niner and had some memorable games but he checked out last year, has been so-so this year battling injuries and was definitely going to go elsewhere after the season, so I'm glad they got some value for him. Niners at least have a projected 12 picks in the upcoming draft (including 4 comp selections). The question is, who will be making those picks?
                                I honestly would not be shocked to see staley, bowman, brock, reid, and donate johnson not be dealt. there is a bit of value left in them.

kap is for sure gone...the era is done. that being said, qb has got to be the obvious route but not sure i would take anyone currently in the top 10 playing in college.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information