This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Verloren
    If you look at all the flak Tim Kawakami has taken on Twitter, some fans love York.
    Any left?

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

• We are really screwed. Worst coaching staff in the league, worst O-Line, and the worst owner. Now I know how Raider fans feel.

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

• They pulled out a gutsy win yesterday against a quality team in the Falcons with Gabbert at the helm, a RBBC consisting of 2 guys off the street and a practice squad player, the top 3 CB's out against the league's leading receiver and they also held the league's leading rusher almost complete in check. The roller coaster of 'who is this team' and 'what happens next' continues...

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Man what a year we are having lol

Comment

• Disaster! We just made the worst team in the league look like a juggernaut. On pace for a Top 5 pick in a perceived weak QB draft. Gabbert has looked better than his deer-in-headlight Jags days but he isn't the QB of the future. Kap still has talent but needs the right coaching/scheme to excel and grow. UGH.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Chip Kelly, Chuck Pagano, Mike Holmgren, anybody but Tomsula. Baalke needs to be fired for how this season has unfolded after he fired Harbaugh and chose Tomsula over Fangio or Gase.

Jared Goff in the 1st round please.

Comment

• 50% good news?! 49ers are expected to keep Baalke, dump Tomsula: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-dump-tomsula/

Baalke will seemingly then be held responsible (not Jed of course) for the next HC that is hired working out, or he'll be blamed and let go, too.

I do think that Baalke wants to trade Kaep at this point regardless but we'll have to see that whoever they bring in as HC may want the job partly because of the opportunity to revive Kaep's career. I just hope they have learned (finally) from hiring coaches like Sing and Tomsula, who are great guys and leaders in their own ways, but are simply not HC material and were both embarrassingly over-matched and lacked the ability to execute NFL-caliber schemes or make mid-game adjustments as needed.

Comment

• this season tho...

as long as jed is running this team...the fans are toast.
                  baalde is terrible too. was reading a thing about how no draft picks from 2012 are on the team. then why stock pile torn ACL players?...i'm at a loss about some of the decisions.

i'm ok sticking with gabbert. not really sure we can bring in a vet at this point...otherwise why didn't a vet get picked up? kap is gone...i am sure someone will make a offer. he can play, just not in sf.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                    this season tho...

as long as jed is running this team...the fans are toast.
                    baalde is terrible too. was reading a thing about how no draft picks from 2012 are on the team. then why stock pile torn ACL players?...i'm at a loss about some of the decisions.

i'm ok sticking with gabbert. not really sure we can bring in a vet at this point...otherwise why didn't a vet get picked up? kap is gone...i am sure someone will make a offer. he can play, just not in sf.
                    Only 3 of the picks in 2012 have actually been on a NFL roster this season (Robinson, Fleming, Looney), but Robinson got cut recently. Really bad drafting that year.

You'd almost think that having a red-shirt year would mean the players would coming in being more NFL ready due to the mental reps.

Reaser (missed rookie season due to replacing his ACL after a graft failed) has looked okay.

Smelter is on NFI.

Tank...is getting moved around on the front 7. He was a 4-3 DE in college, needed more surgery to clear out his knee in 2013. Moved to 3-4 DE in '14, and is now converting to 3-4 OLB, which many teams projected him to.

Haven't seen Brandon Thomas get that many snaps.

Lattimore retired (I think most of us knew that he wouldn't be his old self).

So it's 50/50 on drafting players with torn ACLs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                      Only 3 of the picks in 2012 have actually been on a NFL roster this season (Robinson, Fleming, Looney), but Robinson got cut recently. Really bad drafting that year.

You'd almost think that having a red-shirt year would mean the players would coming in being more NFL ready due to the mental reps.

Reaser (missed rookie season due to replacing his ACL after a graft failed) has looked okay.

Smelter is on NFI.

Tank...is getting moved around on the front 7. He was a 4-3 DE in college, needed more surgery to clear out his knee in 2013. Moved to 3-4 DE in '14, and is now converting to 3-4 OLB, which many teams projected him to.

Haven't seen Brandon Thomas get that many snaps.

Lattimore retired (I think most of us knew that he wouldn't be his old self).

So it's 50/50 on drafting players with torn ACLs?

Not trying to ruffle feathers here...but I don't like those stats. 50/50 just isn't good enough. Especially for a team that was contending for the conference titles and had a solid roster jus a season ago. Lattimore and Thomas at the time made sense...you have " assume " those guys are ready, but they weren't.

Ballke better hit in this year's draft. I just don't know how long fans and the support group will stand for this buffoonery.

Comment

• I think this past year's draft class was pretty good:

1 (17). Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon
                        2 (14). Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford
                        3 (15). Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
                        4 (18). Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma
                        4 (27). Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina
                        4 (33). DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech
                        5 (29). Bradley Pinion, P, Clemson
                        6 (14). Ian Silberman, OL, Boston College
                        7 (27). Trenton Brown, OL, Florida
                        7 (37). Rory Anderson, TE, South Carolina

If Smelter is even a solid 2, this would be a great draft. Plus, Busta Anderson has a chance to compete for a spot in the offseason.

Baalke has to hit on the 2016 draft. If he does, we should be in good shape for 2017 (hopefully 2016)

Btw, are we all coming back here when Scott re-launches the site?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                          Not trying to ruffle feathers here...but I don't like those stats. 50/50 just isn't good enough. Especially for a team that was contending for the conference titles and had a solid roster jus a season ago. Lattimore and Thomas at the time made sense...you have " assume " those guys are ready, but they weren't.
                          Probably less than 50% for ACL tears.

Reaser only had 28 snaps by the time the bye week rolled around, and probably hasn't seen the field more than that. Tank had 151 snaps by then. The question with Tank is that he's converting to one of the deeper positions (Harold/Lynch/Lemonier), but he's probably going to beat Lemonier.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information