This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again, no matter what your opinion is of ex-49ers QB Tim Rattay, he basically matched and would have surpassed Vick in 2004 if he didnt get injured. And think about it, Rattay's best offensive player was TE Eric Johnson. Rattay had a worse offensive line, coaching, defense and was in complete rebuilding mode where as the Falcons went to the NFC Championship that year but lost to T.O. and the Eagles. While I was a fan of Rattay and just wish he was healthy back then, I think that it's safe to say that you suck if you cant out perform a QB who was on a 2-14 team but that's just me.

G / GS / CMP / ATT / PCT / YDS / AVG / TD / INT / SCK / FUM / LOST / RAT

Vick: 15 / 15 / 181 / 321 / 56.4 / 2313 / 14 / 12 / 46 / 16 / 7 / 78.1
    Rattay: 9 / 9 / 198 / 325 / 60.9 / 2169 / 6.7 / 10 / 10 / 37 / 11 / 6 / 78.1

A HUGE MOTHER ******* NO THANKS TO MICHAEL *RON MEXICO* VICK!!!!!
    He did out perform Rattay...
    a. By rushing for 900+ yards, which Rattay did not do...
    b. As you said, by taking his team to the NFC championship game.

On top of that it's impossible to fairly compare the two because, though Vick played 6 more games, he still had 4 fewer pass attempts. Vick's stats were always somewhat skewed because of how often he ran.

If you don't want Vick that's fine. But don't act like it's because you don't think he is good. I agree he wasn't the best passer, Roddy White proves that. But the Falcons were always competitive while he was there and if you don't think the 49ers would be better with him than what they have... Then you're just crazy.

But I doubt they would grab him. And I also doubt he comes back anytime soon. So this doesn't matter.

Comment

• As for FA,

I really want to go after OJ Atogwe. He is the playmaker we need in the secondary.

According to ESPN he had 5 ints and 6 forced fumbles last season.

My understanding is that the Rams are going to try to re-sign both Atogwe and Ronald Bartell. But I doubt they can sign both. correct me if I'm wrong but I've read that they have about $8 to play with. Not enough to re-sign tow players who could make a lot on the open market.

Comment

• I would really be down for O.J. he might be the most underrated FS in the NFL.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Former NFL coach Dan Reeves has been in discussions with the Dallas Cowboys about a consultant's role, according to sources.

Reeves recently interviewed with the San Francisco 49ers about the offensive coordinator's job but a 49ers source said Monday that Reeves informed them he likely would be taking a consultant position with the Cowboys.
          Of course Mort is reporting this so take it for what it is worth. But looks like we can take his name off the list. I am really hoping for Hue Jackson.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030
            He did out perform Rattay...
            a. By rushing for 900+ yards, which Rattay did not do...
            b. As you said, by taking his team to the NFC championship game.

On top of that it's impossible to fairly compare the two because, though Vick played 6 more games, he still had 4 fewer pass attempts. Vick's stats were always somewhat skewed because of how often he ran.

If you don't want Vick that's fine. But don't act like it's because you don't think he is good. I agree he wasn't the best passer, Roddy White proves that. But the Falcons were always competitive while he was there and if you don't think the 49ers would be better with him than what they have... Then you're just crazy.

But I doubt they would grab him. And I also doubt he comes back anytime soon. So this doesn't matter.
            Vick had a strong arm and good athletic ability but overall, he was average at best. He was a RB playing the QB position. I dont care how many yards he rushed for because thats not his job. His job is to get the ball to the receivers which he rarely did. Ryan has shown what a true pocket passer is and as a rookie no less. Ryan did better than Vick ever did as a QB. I dont think that he was good. I think that he was overrated and overhyped just like Vince Young. I said that Young would be Vick part two and amazingly, he's turned out worse which I didnt think was possible.

Rattay was a pure pocket passer which if you look at history, that's what wins games and championships. Not a QB who targets his TE and then takes off because he cant see over the OL/DL and because he doesnt have the accuracy to get the ball to the WR's who are actually open. Vick DIDNT bring the Falcons to the NFC championship, the defense and Dunn is what got them to the NFC Championship and that game alone is proof because Vick blew chunks and couldnt do a damn thing because when the time came for him to be an actual QB, he failed badly.

And no, I dont think Vick is or was ever any good and in no way, shape or form would I want him on my 49ers. I rather see SF go 0-16 for the next century as opposed to seeing Vick in a 49ers uniform which would have Bill Walsh turning in his grave. And by QB standards, Vick didnt out perform Rattay and the stats prove that. It's not Rattay's or anyone else's fault that Vick sucked as a QB and couldnt pass worth a damn and just wanted to run all the damn time.

Of course, all that running should be helping him in prison as im sure he's running away from being the "big dog's" bit**!!! And yes, I do find that very very funny. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
              if you don't think the 49ers would be better with him than what they have... Then you're just crazy.
              I highly doubt that. We're talking about a guy who hasn't played a down of football since the 2006 season. He wasn't a great passer then, why would any one think his skill haven't diminished? Couple that with him being in prison for all that time. He's not going to be in shape and there is a good chance he wouldn't be able to get to that level of athleticism any time soon.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/018956.html

Originally posted by Matt Barrows
                ESPN is reporting that Reeves is engaged in talks with the Cowboys about a consultant's role with the team. Reeves' roots are with Dallas -- he was a running back there in the 1960s and began his coaching career there under Tom Landry in the 1970s. There certainly would be plenty of reason to return to Big D. If Reeves gets crossed off the 49ers' list -- and the ESPN story suggests he will -- it looks like they are deciding between Hue Jackson and Jeff Jagodzinski. Or arranging more interviews.
                I think it's going to be Hue Jackson.

Comment

• More interviews
                  http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-talk-to-raye/

Jets running back coach. Don't know anything about him but his bio says he has been coaching, in the NFL, for 32 years.

Also PFC says 49ers are going to make "huge push" for T.J.
                  http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...oushmandzadeh/

Comment

• By the time we get an OC, it will be time for our eighth one. LOL.

As for T.J. Houshmandzadeh, I honestly dont want SF to overpay for a WR who will be 32 when the 2009 season starts. That money would be better spent on another position of need where the player is between 25-28 but that's just me.

Comment

• I would welcome the TJ signing. People talk about us wanting to be a run first team and thats all fine and dandy, but you still have to be able to install some sense of fear in the passing game for that to work. TJ has sure hands, doesnt seem to have a whiny star reciever attitude, and his game is not based on speed so that wont be as much of a worry with him getting older.

Comment

• I really hope we don't overpay for Housh that would be a mistake.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I dont want TJ either. Someone is going to pay #1 money for a #2 receiver. Alvin Harper anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
                            Alvin Harper anyone?
                            Good analogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
                              Alvin Harper anyone?
                              Bad analogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                                Bad analogy.
                                hmm so you think spending Lee Evans money on a slow 33 year old WR that would do all the same things that Bruce did would be wise?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information