This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
    hmm so you think spending Lee Evans money on a slow 33 year old WR that would do all the same things that Bruce did would be wise?
    Lets not put words in each others mouth woody. I said comparing TJ Housh to Alvin Harper is a bad analogy. Nothing else.

Comment

• With the running game being the focus in 2009 for the 49ers Vick would be an interesting choice at QB. With the wildcat taking off this year, think of the potential creativity our unknown OC will have with Vick and Gore in the backfield. I would prefer to go this route than using our first pick on a QB that would be benched the first year.

Obviously this would only be if the staff felt that Vick was really going to turn over a new leaf and had learned his lesson.

Comment

• Looks like the OC race is down to 2-3 guys:

1) Hue Jackson, who is doing a 2nd interview today
        2) Jimmy Raye

Something to note, Mike Johnson, former Ravens wide receivers coach and Falcons quarterbacks coach, is interviewing for the 49ers' quarterbacks coach position.

Originally posted by Barrows
        Johnson, meanwhile, is intriguing because he could be a potential heir to Jackson at offensive coordinator. Johnson, 41, is a former quarterback at Arizona State and Akron who played for the Cardinals for one season (1990) before joining the World League and the CFL. His first NFL coaching job was with the Chargers in 2000. He was the Falcons receivers coach in 2002. He became Atlanta's quarterbacks coach the following season and held that job before joining the Ravens as receivers coach in 2006. Johnson was released by the Ravens when new coach John Harbaugh was hired last year. Johnson also has reportedly drawn interest from the Jets for their vacant receivers coach position.
        http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/018979.html

I hope it's Jackson, just so the Niners can get this all over with and start handing out playbooks. It seems that Jackson and Johnson were coaches at roughly the same time for the same teams. Maybe there is a relationship there?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Looks like the OC race is down to 2-3 guys:

1) Hue Jackson, who is doing a 2nd interview today
          2) Jimmy Raye

Something to note, Mike Johnson, former Ravens wide receivers coach and Falcons quarterbacks coach, is interviewing for the 49ers' quarterbacks coach position.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/018979.html

I hope it's Jackson, just so the Niners can get this all over with and start handing out playbooks. It seems that Jackson and Johnson were coaches at roughly the same time for the same teams. Maybe there is a relationship there?
          If Jackson is getting a second interview then he is probably the guy.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I strongly believe we need to add a playmaking WR (red zone threat) to the core there is now, but I'm not feeling TJ Housgonnabeaniner as the solution. His price tag will be high and his age is somewhat of a question mark for the contract length he'll demand. We already have a great possession receiver in Bruce. Why would we want Bruce and TJ as our starting WRs? There would be no deep threat unless VD stopped blocking altogether and learned how to catch.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• All unrestricted FA WRs, at the moment:

WR Antonio Bryant UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              WR Drew Carter UFA Oakland Raiders
              WR Michael Clayton UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              WR Terrance Copper UFA Baltimore Ravens
              WR Bobby Engram UFA Seattle Seahawks
              WR Robert Ferguson UFA Minnesota Vikings
              WR Jabar Gaffney UFA New England Patriots
              WR Rod Gardner UFA Kansas City Chiefs
              WR Dante' Hall UFA St. Louis Rams
              WR Devery Henderson UFA New Orleans Saints
              WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh UFA Cincinnati Bengals
              WR Darrell Jackson UFA Denver Broncos
              WR Bryant Johnson UFA San Francisco 49ers
              WR Brandon Jones UFA Tennessee Titans
              WR Brandon Lloyd UFA Chicago Bears
              WR Dane Looker UFA St. Louis Rams
              WR Justin McCareins UFA Tennessee Titans
              WR Shaun McDonald UFA Detroit Lions
              WR Johnnie Morant UFA Oakland Raiders
              WR Koren Robinson UFA Seattle Seahawks
              WR Dominique Thompson UFA Carolina Panthers
              WR Amani Toomer UFA New York Giants
              WR Mike Williams UFA Tennessee Titans
              WR Reggie Williams UFA Jacksonville Jaguars
              WR Cedrick Wilson UFA Pittsburgh Steelers

Comment

• I don't want a WR in FA. If we're going to pick a WR in the 1st day then i wouldn't mind getting someone like Crabtree or Maclin in the 1st or Hakeem Nicks in the 2nd.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind bringing back Antonio Bryant but I don't see it happening

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    I wouldn't mind bringing back Antonio Bryant but I don't see it happening
                    He will be a Buc again.

Comment

• I don't really see any FA WR worth signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I don't really see any FA WR worth signing.
                        Neither do I, i'm still not sure if they should resign Bryant Johnson.

Comment

• tj is a very different type reciever than bruce. i think his age will keep his contract somewhat reasonable. my issue with signing him is that it would keep morgan third on the depth chart. if we are going to be running smashmouth football, how many 3 wr sets will we be running? i guess that remains to be seen with the oc and if they run a lot of singleback, but i would love to see morgan continue to develop this year, along with hill who would be stuck at the 4th spot.
                          i would love to see atogwe signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            Neither do I, i'm still not sure if they should resign Bryant Johnson.
                            If he is willing to take about what he was paid last year, why not? More competition for Hill and Ziggy.

Comment

• What about the ex-BC coach Jagod-whatever? I thought that he might make a good oc.

Comment

• I have no problem with the 49ers handing out Lee Evans money for TJ. He has had 3 straight 90 catch seasons and he would have had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons if not for the to Palmer. He would be a legit number 1. I am tired of SF half assing the WR position and I think it is time they invested some money into that spot. Not only will it benefit the WR core by adding a guy that can take pressure off the young guys (Morgan and Hill) but it will also create stability for whoever is QB by having a WR locked up for the long term instead of the overhaul that happens at WR every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information