Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sounds to me like the reason why Singletary has not committed to Shaun Hill yet is because of another QB. I think that guy is still on the roster.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      It sounds to me like the reason why Singletary has not committed to Shaun Hill yet is because of another QB. I think that guy is still on the roster.
      Look I like Hill and believe he needs a chance to start but in all honesty a FULLY FIT Alex Smith is just a better QB. Its been proven many times already. He can simply do thing Shaun Hill cant.

Saying that Alex does have injury concerns and Hill has done enough to atleast get the chance to start but in my opinion barring injury concerns again Alex will be again starting by mid year.

I also wouldnt be surprised if a FULLY FIT Alex again beats Hill out in the training camp / OTA's and starts from day 1. Talk of a rd.1 QB is nonsense imo.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
        I do like what he said about the FB position

This guy please.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Ya I think we all agree Weaver would be great for us

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            This makes me think that Singletary is going to continue pushing a "power run" game philosophy.
            Hence we need a big running back to spell injury-prone Gore. Andre Brown would be good, maybe J Johnson, that guy from liberty, im not sure about pj hill
            CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by goonie61 View Post
              Hence we need a big running back to spell injury-prone Gore. Andre Brown would be good, maybe J Johnson, that guy from liberty, im not sure about pj hill
              If we got Weaver, we would have that power back. I would rather have a speed guy to spell Gore; i.e. Mike Goodson and Jeremiah Johnson.

Comment

• Big back to spell Gore, good speed and no miles on legs = Thomas Clayton. He's been waiting for his shot and maybe he now gets it.

Comment

• I really wanna see Clayton get a chance. I second the notion of getting Weaver.

Comment

• Eh, we will see with Raye. Hopefully he has been underused and restricted from using his full potential as a coach in the past and he uses this opportunity with the Niners as his coming out party, as his track record is not very impressive. I liked the compliment that he knows how to get the best out of his personnel.

I guess it's one of those situations where you have to be careful what you wish for...you might just get out. Bye bye Martz, hello Raye?

Bring on Clayton. I think it's exactly what the team needs to add to the running game. I can't believe Denver didn't pick him up last year when they were pulling RB's off the streets. He needs a chance to shine passed the preseason.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• i think clayton would be the best option, he shines when given a chance
                      “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• On those San Jose Mercury links, it sounds like they are just writing articles based on what they are reading elsewhere. Matt Barrows has already spoken on Raye on the phone and talked about how he's been in contact with Singletary since the search for an OC started...

As for Clayton, if no other team has signed Clayton off the practice, then obviously they know something we don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          On those San Jose Mercury links, it sounds like they are just writing articles based on what they are reading elsewhere. Matt Barrows has already spoken on Raye on the phone and talked about how he's been in contact with Singletary since the search for an OC started...

As for Clayton, if no other team has signed Clayton off the practice, then obviously they know something we don't.
                          That's the other thing I was going to say. With his talent if he isn't on the roster there is a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            That's the other thing I was going to say. With his talent if he isn't on the roster there is a reason.
                            We've had him around for 2 years so the problem cant be too big, we thought enough of him to get him on the roster when Gore went down late in the year. The kid will come cheap and we dont need to use a draft pick.

Comment

• Yep, Clayton deserves to be the primary backup to Gore. We need to address our other issues and worry about backup RB next year.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information