• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But he's 37! That's not a solution.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
      We're always going to have other needs than second runningback, but i think in the longterm view, it makes sense to get a second starter type back now. It could possibly extend Frank's career, would keep both of our RBs fresher as the season went on, and would give other teams someone else to have to gameplan against. I think it makes tons of sense, actually... I don't think I'd want us to spend our first round pick on an RB unless we traded down (and in that case I'd want Knowshon, NOT Beanie Wells) but in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Yeah, I think it would be a smart pick. In fact, I wish we'd done something like this last year-- Ray Rice would look good in scarlet and gold.
      There's little to no point using a first day (or former first day) pick on a backup RB when we can use it on a greater need.

I agree that someone to spell Gore when he gets tired and change the pace is a good idea, but as long as we work on the line and the new scheme works out then we can get a decent option on day two.

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
      If we look for a FB in Free Agency, keep an eye out for Tony Richardson. He's worked with Raye before and is a UFA. Wherever he goes, the running offense shines. He was with KC (under Raye). He was blocking for Adrian Peterson his rookie year. And he was with the Jets this year, paving the way for Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. He's one of the best lead blockers in the game.
      Good point. It wouldn't surprise me to see him brought in as a veteran stop-gap if we can't get a younger option, especially after Raye's point about us not having a proper FB...

He is 37 though.

Comment

• Age is the only reason that he is a question mark. other than that he is quite the intimidating run blocker. could be a stop gap and maybe teach Keasey a thing or two, unless we abandon that strange experiment
        “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          But he's 37! That's not a solution.
          I agree, i'd rather draft someone or get a younger FA. Just saying i wouldn't be surprised if we pursue him, he has knowledge of the offense and he is always lead blocking for great running games.

Originally posted by Fogcity_faithful View Post
          Age is the only reason that he is a question mark. other than that he is quite the intimidating run blocker. could be a stop gap and maybe teach Keasey a thing or two, unless we abandon that strange experiment
          Keasey sucks. I'd rather draft someone in the 6th/7th round to learn under Richardson than have Keasey on our team. He can't lead block or catch the ball, he's useless.

Comment

• I was wondering if we were going to receive any compensatory picks; does anyone know?

Comment

• Someone told me that we should receive at least one in the 3rd or 4th round

Comment

• I heard we should be getting around two.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  I heard we should be getting around two.
                  Conditional picks are never higher than a 3rd if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Conditional picks are never higher than a 3rd if I am not mistaken.
                    Two picks not second round.

Comment

Two picks not second round.
                      Ah, my mistake. Hopefully we get a couple but who are they going to be for? Anthony Adams and someone else?

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29798

Feel free to chime in and voice your feelings on the matter.

Comment

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29798

Feel free to chime in and voice your feelings on the matter.
                          Done .......
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Ah, my mistake. Hopefully we get a couple but who are they going to be for? Anthony Adams and someone else?
                            McCloughan says we'll get two.

Q: Hi Scot. How many compensatory picks will the team have in this year’s draft? If known, what rounds will they be in? I believe compensatory picks are based on free agents lost, can you clarify? How many total picks will the team have in this year’s draft? Congratulations on a great second half of the season and I can tell the team is moving in the right direction. Thank you.
                            -Jack, Sacramento

A: We will have two compensatory picks. We’re not sure about which rounds yet, but I have a pretty good feeling of where they’re going to be.

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...tion=PR%20News
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• I just chipped in I don't know how many more times I can say the same things. I also love how we present facts and they sit there with nothing.

Comment

I just chipped in I don't know how many more times I can say the same things. I also love how we present facts and they sit there with nothing.
                                Yes this drives me crazy too but like Borat said if your not a 1st round pick people on a DRAFT site assume your terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information