This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    I just chipped in I don't know how many more times I can say the same things. I also love how we present facts and they sit there with nothing.
    But it's Shaun Hill, clearly he sucks ass because he hasn't won a super bowl and the Niners weren't in the playoffs. I mean, how can any QB ever be respected if they just do a decent job. Either win 12 games from the start or don't bother me with your "facts." My facts come from my gut, not my brain, and my gut tells me that Shaun Hill is worse than Mark Sanchez at this very moment.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Quick 49ers 3-rounder:

1st Rd: Best OT available: Smith/Smith/Monroe/Oher all work fine for me.
      2nd Rd: Larry English OLB - Pass rusher that I'm really high on
      3rd Rd: Fili Moala NT- I think this guy can be the NT we've lacked and I feel more comfortable taking a space-eating NT in the second or third rather than the first. Ron Brace could be good here as well if he drops to the third.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• That PrinceFieldler guy and his Sanchez talk is as annoying to me as I am to all you guys. LOL.

Joking aside, if we draft ANY qb at 10, I will be 100% pissed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          But it's Shaun Hill, clearly he sucks ass because he hasn't won a super bowl and the Niners weren't in the playoffs. I mean, how can any QB ever be respected if they just do a decent job. Either win 12 games from the start or don't bother me with your "facts." My facts come from my gut, not my brain, and my gut tells me that Shaun Hill is worse than Mark Sanchez at this very moment.
          Obviously.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Cant argue with that flawless logic
            CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
              Quick 49ers 3-rounder:

1st Rd: Best OT available: Smith/Smith/Monroe/Oher all work fine for me.
              2nd Rd: Larry English OLB - Pass rusher that I'm really high on
              3rd Rd: Fili Moala NT- I think this guy can be the NT we've lacked and I feel more comfortable taking a space-eating NT in the second or third rather than the first. Ron Brace could be good here as well if he drops to the third.
              With Ice and Franklin is it really worth it to draft another NT?
              I could see us taking Raji because he could be dominant, but all the other guys in the draft do not seem like they are anything better than our current NTs, so I dont see the point in taking Brace or Moala or any other NT beyond Rajji.

BTW I love the first two picks, however Oher did not look any better than Loadholt in the senior bowl, so why dont we just get Loadholt?
              CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• I just dont like the idea of spending a top 10 pick on a guy to play RT. He'd be making more than Staley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Barrows
                  New offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye said last week that he thought that Frank Gore was capable of handling 25 carries a game, an indication that he at least feels the one-back approach is feasible. On the team's web site, however, general manager Scot McCloughan seemed pretty gung ho about having a two-pronged attack: "A two running back system will work," McCloughan said. "I think nowadays you have to have that type of system in the NFL, especially with our approach on offense - being a physical running team. You don't just need a change of pace guy, but you need two backs that can have production. If you just have one, you're going to where (sic) him down. It's a long season so if you want to be a playoff contender and get to the Super Bowl, you're going to need two backs to get there."

If the 49ers indeed settle on the two-back approach, they likely will have to go out and find that second running back. DeShaun Foster becomes a free agent in three and a half weeks and the team appears to be in no hurry to re-sign him. Thomas Clayton showed flashes of brilliance in preseason, but coaches so far have been unwilling to give him any bigger role than practice-squad running back. Michael Robinson would be a real headache for defenses with the ball in his hand in the Wildcat, something the 49ers want to do more with in 2009. But while he's a nifty runner in space, Robinson, a converted quarterback, still is not natural at finding the holes and bursting through them. It's quite possible the 49ers will draft a running back with size in April such as Liberty's Rashad Jennings or N.C. State's Andre Brown.
                  Thoughts on a RB being drafted in first three rounds?

Comment

Thoughts on a RB being drafted in first three rounds?
                    I wouldn't take one before round four unless it's Shonn Green in the third.

Comment

• Originally posted by goonie61 View Post
                      With Ice and Franklin is it really worth it to draft another NT?
                      I could see us taking Raji because he could be dominant, but all the other guys in the draft do not seem like they are anything better than our current NTs, so I dont see the point in taking Brace or Moala or any other NT beyond Rajji.
                      I'm just not that happy with our NT play overall. I'd keep throwing picks at that problem until we get it fixed ... or until we switch to 4-3 and the NT won't be such a big problem.
                      BTW I love the first two picks, however Oher did not look any better than Loadholt in the senior bowl, so why dont we just get Loadholt?
                      Loadholt can't play OT (either LT or RT) at the pro level. He's going to have to play guard and I think we're good at guard right now.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      I just dont like the idea of spending a top 10 pick on a guy to play RT. He'd be making more than Staley.
                      I hear what you're saying there, but the same could have been said about drafting a 3-4 ILB (Willis) with the 11th pick. I think the way this draft will fall, one of those top OT should slide to us and I think it would be a mistake to not plug the gap at RT with one of them.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                        I hear what you're saying there, but the same could have been said about drafting a 3-4 ILB (Willis) with the 11th pick. I think the way this draft will fall, one of those top OT should slide to us and I think it would be a mistake to not plug the gap at RT with one of them.
                        I think it's Raji or best OT available. I wouldn't really have a problem with either of those as it would fill a need. I think Raji is the pick but taking someone to play RT would be okay with me. If I had to guess:

1) Raji or best OT available
                        2) BPA (assuming it's a DT/OT/OLB)
                        3) RB/BPA
                        4) QB

Comment

• Raji or Oher and i'm a happy man.

Comment

• would orakpo-1st, loadholt-2nd be plausible

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                              would orakpo-1st, loadholt-2nd be plausible
                              I dont think Orakpo is going to make it to 10. Everette Brown is another guy just like him, with regards to position but he doesnt have as much fan fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                                Raji or Oher and i'm a happy man.
                                I believe both those are excellent values at 10 and would be happy with either.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information