This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate one bit to make Nnamdi the highest paid CB in the league. He's the definition of shutdown. I would be giddy as hell if that happened.
    Nnambi and Clements would give us the best CB combo in the league. Period. They're both top 10 cover corners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Nnambi and Clements would give us the best CB combo in the league. Period. They're both top 10 cover corners.
      That's a lot of money in one position. I'd be ecstatic if that were to happen for us making the games against the Cards that much better. That and it would allow us to get a little more aggressive on the front end. But do we really think this is probable?

I'm not sure.

Either way, you will hear no complaints from this guy if we land Namdi or Peppers.
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
        But do we really think this is probable?
        No, but it's fun to think about.

Comment

• Honestly, I'm not even one bit worried about salary cap issues. Our front office has proven that they understand how to structure contracts now to keep us from falling into cap hell again. How many years in a row have we had $20M+ in space going into free agency? And we've added high priced FAs in Clements/Smith/Lewis etc. If we want Nnamdi, we'll fit him in nicely.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Eh as much as I love Nnamdi I think they would be better served spending on Atogwe. Harris isnt a good enough tackler to move to FS. As good as they are at managing the cap at some point spending will come back to haunt you (ask the Redskins)

Comment

• I would much rather have O.J. at FS then Vernon Carey as our RT.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• After reading Scott's latest mock draft, I hate our first rounder being Sanchez but wouldnt complain whatsoever about Loadholt being our second rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  After reading Scott's latest mock draft, I hate our first rounder being Sanchez but wouldnt complain whatsoever about Loadholt being our second rounder.
                  Agreed.

Loadholt is my favorite option in the second round.
                  Originally posted by Babylon
                  It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• As for free agency, anyone interested in Texans CB Dunta Robinson? He's an UFA and isnt expected to be franchised.

Comment

• He had a good rookie year, and then has struggled with injuries. He's a boom or bust type of guy but has been an effective corner when on the field. I'd be interested to see how much he'll require to sign. If he was a bargain, then maybe he'd be worth throwing some money at.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        As for free agency, anyone interested in Texans CB Dunta Robinson? He's an UFA and isnt expected to be franchised.
                        Like Robinson a lot, even with the injury problems, but it looks like Houston will either re-sign him or franchise him.
                        http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6245451.html

What everything think of going after Nate Washington? McCloughan is looking for a WR that can stretch the field. Still inconsistent and raw but only 25 years old. Another target would be Devery Henderson. I also like Lance Moore but he is a RFA and would probably get a high tender from the Saints.
                        Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          He had a good rookie year, and then has struggled with injuries. He's a boom or bust type of guy but has been an effective corner when on the field. I'd be interested to see how much he'll require to sign. If he was a bargain, then maybe he'd be worth throwing some money at.
                          A guy that can't stay healthy at corner worries me though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            A guy that can't stay healthy at corner worries me though.
                            True. But in football, injury problems at any position are looked down upon. ;) Every guy, healthy or not, is a roll of the dice when it comes to injuries. It's the Niners job to determine if he's worth the risk.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              True. But in football, injury problems at any position are looked down upon. ;) Every guy, healthy or not, is a roll of the dice when it comes to injuries. It's the Niners job to determine if he's worth the risk.
                              It really would depend on the money at the end of the day. I wouldn't want to fork ou a lot of guarenteed money to him only if the price was right. This would be my dream off-season.

FA signings

1. Vernon Carey
                              2. O.J. Atogwe

Draft

1. B.J. Raji
                              2. Larry English
                              3. Rashad Jennings/ Andre Brown
                              4. Jason Phillips
                              5. 3-4 D end for depth
                              6. Quinn Johnson
                              7. BPA

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                Nate Washington? Another target would be Devery Henderson. I also like Lance Moore but he is a RFA and would probably get a high tender from the Saints.
                                I like Washington but I would assume that he stays. I do not like Henderson. He's a bit overrated. As for Moore, I dont like the idea of going for RFA's as it requires giving up too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information