Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey 49ers fan I have a quick question, how has Joe Staley been playing so far this year? Thanks.

Comment

• he has been doing pretty well, he is a pretty solid left tackle but gives up sacks because of the 7 step drops that martz uses in his offense

on another note, did my thread get deleted?

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
        on another note, did my thread get deleted?
        I combined the "2009 Draft Discussion" with the "2009 Off-Season Discussion" thread. We ended up talking about the same thing in both and I hate when that happens.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Just imagine if we drafted Maualuga! Him and Willis would be unstoppable!!!

Comment

• If we are running a 4-3 and we draft Maualuga what would he be? OLB?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• We need OL/DL. It's awesome to think about a stud MLB to team with PWillie, but it would harm us overall by not addressing our biggest needs.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Scott has us taking OT Michael Oher with our first rounder. I have no problem with that. How about you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Scott has us taking OT Michael Oher with our first rounder. I have no problem with that. How about you guys?
                  Love it. Would be a great addition. Him or Orakpo.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• i would rather get orakpo or a receiver or something than an offensive lineman because then that is two first rounders we have spent on offensive lineman, and while it is a big need, there are still other needs on the team and good lineman can still be found in the second/later rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                      i would rather get orakpo or a receiver or something than an offensive lineman because then that is two first rounders we have spent on offensive lineman, and while it is a big need, there are still other needs on the team and good lineman can still be found in the second/later rounds
                      Not necessarily good tackles can be found in the later rounds. There are some guys here and there that do well, but they aren't as much of a sure thing as a lot of the 1st Rounders have been the last few years. However, I would prioritize an elite Pass Rusher in the first round over an OT.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• i am all for retaining alex smith another year. i'm not bailing on o'sullivan just yet, but i would like to have smith around--as other people have said--due to the lack of options on the market and (in my opinion) a lack of good oness in the draft. draft colt mccoy next year if the osullivan smith tandem doesnt work out.
                        theres two directions id like to see the offseason/draft go. if we sign gross (god i would love that) then we can go maualuga or orakpo in the first. terrance cody in the second (or one of those nt's talked about above. the taylor kid from michigan looks decent, not sold yet though. cody is the man).
                        otherwise, gotta go oher and then cody.
                        or we could offer the browns our next 3 1st rders for quinn haha

Comment

• I want either Orakpo, or Oher, or Smith with the top pick.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            I want either Orakpo, or Oher, or Smith with the top pick.
                            My thoughts exactly, although I think I'd put Monroe in that group as well.

Comment

• Doesnt Oher have a learning disability? That seems like a major red flag to me. I dont think its worth the risk with Monroe on the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgrsly57 View Post
                                Doesnt Oher have a learning disability? That seems like a major red flag to me. I dont think its worth the risk with Monroe on the board.
                                Oher and Frank Gore can learn together! :D

Long read on Oher from two years ago that goes into detail about how he just barely made it into Ole Miss:
                                http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/ma...pagewanted=all

Just like Gore he has worked his tail off in the classroom and I haven't heard of him having any academic issues at Ole Miss. I have my draft board as:
                                Stafford
                                Crabtree
                                Oher
                                But if we drafted Oher over those guys I would have no complaints. He is an awesome talent and we wouldn't have to worry about our tackle situation for the next 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information