Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said this a couple of months ago, but I think Orakpo is going top 5. He's got everything you want when committing to a huge money contract. He's super athletic, super powerful, and is smart with a good head on his shoulders. He'll be perceived as very safe and that will help vault him into the top 5.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• The more I see the more I like. "Good heavens it's Everette Brown" haha.
      Last edited by Brent; 02-12-2009, 01:31 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If Orakpo turns out to be the workout warrior everyone is projecting him to be, then I see him off the board before 10 for sure. That may be good for the Niners, as they won't have to consider the possible Vernon Gholston (or Vernon Davis) of this year's draft. On the other hand, Crabtree with his skillset may just overshadow Orakpo altogether.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

The more I see the more I like. "Good heavens it's Everette Brown" haha.
          It's really hard to not want him when watching that.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Everette Brown: DO WANT
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Everette Brown would be a great pick, my only question is how well he can hold up in the running game. I think Orakpo is overrate because of his workout numbers.
              If we take anyone else except for Brown, Raji, Crabtree, or a top OT I will be upset, period. No-one else, not Orakpo not Sanchez not Maulougala no one else but those guys.
              CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

• Everette Brown reminds me of Manny Lawson

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                  Everette Brown reminds me of Manny Lawson
                  Except that Manny hasn't been any sort of threat as a pass rusher since he was drafted. Keep in mind that Manny was on the same D-Line as Mario Williams and John McCargo, both 1st round picks. Hell, they even take Manny out of the game when it's a "passing down" for the other team.

Honestly, I think that with someone like Brown or Orakpo on one side and Parys on the other, we have two threats at both OLB positions and makes the defense even more dangerous, you can hide a lot of your weaknesses with a strong pass rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                    Everette Brown reminds me of Manny Lawson
                    I think Everette Brown is a little more polished as a pass rusher. Maybe it's because he's got a bigger bag of tricks on the edge i'm not sure. I just remember Manny at NC State being a 'pure' speed rusher, whereas Everette can turn the corner on you, but that spin move and club are pretty vicious.

The more I look at him, the more it pulls me out of the Raji camp.

Either way I think i'm sold on Loadholt in the second, which would allow us to go defense in the first.
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• The next passrush move Manny uses will be his first. That spin move that Brown uses is legit. He made some of those lineman look silly in that video that Brent posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                        The next passrush move Manny uses will be his first. That spin move that Brown uses is legit. He made some of those lineman look silly in that video that Brent posted.
                        He was using it on LTs and guards! He's nasty. He took over that Maryland game.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                          Either way I think i'm sold on Loadholt in the second, which would allow us to go defense in the first.
                          There's no guarantee that Loadholt will be there in the 2nd. It's a risk to go defense, hoping that someone will be there in the 2nd, but if they get a solid player like Everette Brown, I won't be upset at all.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Are some of you suggesting that Lawson be benched if we draft Brown??? If so, I say hell no. The ONLY reason as to why Lawson isnt used as a pass rusher and why he's taken out on passing downs is because the coaching staff doesnt know how to use him correctly. The reason why he was drafted was to be a pass rusher but when the play calls for him to be in coverage all the damn time, how can anyone expect him to succeed as a pass rusher???

Comment

• Ehhh, Lawson just isn't that good. I think he could still be a force, but so far, I haven't really seen it. As stated before, he doesn't really have any pass-rushing moves and his speed rush doesn't work very often. Either way, having Brown/Orakpo along with Haralson and Manny isn't a bad thing. We definitely need an upgrade to the pass rush. That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for what Lawson has done so far.

Comment

• From day one, Lawson has been misused badly just like Vernon Davis. It's no coicidence that both of our first rounders from 2006 have been misused by the coaching staff. How can Lawson improve his pass rushing skills when he's always in coverage???

Sorry, but I think its on the coaching staff than it is Lawson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information