X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon can learn with them too.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Vernon needs to learn how to catch first.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• We definitely need a legitimate pass rushing DE which is why I would go all-out for DE Terrell Suggs in March if he doesnt stay in BAL. If they dont make he playoffs, he may want to bolt. From what I read, he cant be franchised again which is good for us.

Sign Suggs, go back to the 4-3 and start him opposite Smith with Balmer and Sopo in the middle. Lawson and Willis are set and I would go after OLB Karlos Dansby to complete the LB corps. Backup plan would be to sign Spikes for another year since he's been playing better than expected.

Secondary wise, if Oher is gone, I draft the best cover corner available to start opposite Clements with M.Lewis at SS and Goldson/Smith at FS.

Like I have said for the last two years, I know that the offense needs more work than the defense but if you cant get the offense where you want it to be, dont be stupid - complete the defense if you have the chance to do so, which we do.

Comment

• I think if the defense gets out of the conservative gap control approach, there is a chance the pass rush will be much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            We definitely need a legitimate pass rushing DE which is why I would go all-out for DE Terrell Suggs in March if he doesnt stay in BAL. If they dont make he playoffs, he may want to bolt. From what I read, he cant be franchised again which is good for us.

Sign Suggs, go back to the 4-3 and start him opposite Smith with Balmer and Sopo in the middle. Lawson and Willis are set and I would go after OLB Karlos Dansby to complete the LB corps. Backup plan would be to sign Spikes for another year since he's been playing better than expected.

Secondary wise, if Oher is gone, I draft the best cover corner available to start opposite Clements with M.Lewis at SS and Goldson/Smith at FS.

Like I have said for the last two years, I know that the offense needs more work than the defense but if you cant get the offense where you want it to be, dont be stupid - complete the defense if you have the chance to do so, which we do.
            why are you so convinced that we should only sign suggs if we go back to the 4-3? he did great in the 3-4 when thats what they played in baltimore, and i am still not so convinced that we will swtich back with the 3-4 being the defense that manusky runs, and now that he has control over the defense i think we will stick with it, or this hybrid that we have now in which suggs can play both

Comment

• Yeah if Suggs is an option I say get him no matter what defense.

Comment

• exactly, because passrushing is passrushing, regardless of the position your in while doing it

Comment

• If Suggs was to sign a 5 or 6 year deal, he'd be in the prime of his career throughout the entire contract. Drafting a pass rusher high in the Draft doesn't necessarily mean that he'll translate well into the NFL, whereas Suggs has consistently proved he's a threat. He'd be the first player the Niners would have that could fill the shoes left by Julian Peterson (who will once again have 3 sacks against the Niners this weekend).

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    If Suggs was to sign a 5 or 6 year deal, he'd be in the prime of his career throughout the entire contract. Drafting a pass rusher high in the Draft doesn't necessarily mean that he'll translate well into the NFL, whereas Suggs has consistently proved he's a threat. He'd be the first player the Niners would have that could fill the shoes left by Julian Peterson (who will once again have 3 sacks against the Niners this weekend).
                    most likely, even though thats basically why manny was drafted. i still don't understand why we got rid of him, best defensive player we had

Comment

• We couldnt afford to keep him, if I am not mistaken.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• The Niners were in salary cap hell and were in rebuilding mode. It was a tough call for Nolan & Co. They told him to shop around, not expecting him to get top dollar, and then Frisco could swoop him up for a hometown discount. That strategy backfired and he went to a division rival and helped them win the division every year.

Could you imagine if we would have had him AND Manny with PWilly? My, oh my! We would have never spent money on losers like TBC.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Yeah they really need to turn Manny loose.

Comment

• ^^^^^

Yes, they do. The main reason why Manny Lawson was drafted was to relace the pass rushing ability of Julian Peterson. Lawson was used more in coverage than rushing the passer. Hopefully, Singletary lets him, Roderick Green and even Justin Smith run loose after the QB.

Comment

• Here's a question -

Is there any way to watch the game online live?

Thanks.

Comment

• Dan, try the sopcast player. Not sure how you do it, but I hear a lot of people talk about using it to watch the games.

Just google it and you should find it.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information