Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me preface this by saying I think Dan was the first to cook this idea up.

I do not have a link for this, as I heard it on NFL Live on Espn today.

They were talking about Jeff Garcia and how his days in Tampa are done. When John Clayton was asked what he thinks would happen with Garcia, he said the two best scenarios are Minnesota and...San Francisco. He didn't say where he heard it from, but he said, and i'm trying to quote as close as possible "...There is interest coming from there....", referring to San Fran.

Sorry for the lack of a link, and i'm not sure what some of your opinions are on John Clayton ( i'm mixed ), but I just wanted to throw that out there.
    Originally posted by Babylon
    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
      Let me preface this by saying I think Dan was the first to cook this idea up.

I do not have a link for this, as I heard it on NFL Live on Espn today.

They were talking about Jeff Garcia and how his days in Tampa are done. When John Clayton was asked what he thinks would happen with Garcia, he said the two best scenarios are Minnesota and...San Francisco. He didn't say where he heard it from, but he said, and i'm trying to quote as close as possible "...There is interest coming from there....", referring to San Fran.

Sorry for the lack of a link, and i'm not sure what some of your opinions are on John Clayton ( i'm mixed ), but I just wanted to throw that out there.
      Clayton is an idiot he is the worst of all of them. Every year he delivers the most inaccurate information.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        Clayton is an idiot he is the worst of all of them. Every year he delivers the most inaccurate information.
        As I said. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

As I said. Just throwing it out there.
          Yeah I know I doubt he comes to San Fran. If T.O. gets released by the Cowboys then I think that's where Jeff ends up.

Comment

Yeah I know I doubt he comes to San Fran. If T.O. gets released by the Cowboys then I think that's where Jeff ends up.
            I doubt it as well.

I would hope Jeff is too sane to end up in Dallas, whether or not T.O is there.

Comment

If T.O. gets released by the Cowboys then I think that's where Jeff ends up.
              Jeff has said in interviews that he isn't going anywhere to play backup. He wants to go to a team where he has a chance to win the starting job. Minnesota seems like a perfect match for him. He's my favorite non-Niners player, so I try keep up with these things.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                Jeff has said in interviews that he isn't going anywhere to play backup. He wants to go to a team where he has a chance to win the starting job. Minnesota seems like a perfect match for him. He's my favorite non-Niners player, so I try keep up with these things.
                Well he did say this;

"I do feel like I have football life in me,'' Garcia said. "I feel I can still contribute. I'm not sure what my role will be with another team. I'm not looking at it like I need to start and be the man ... Hopefully, I'll have some opportunities out there. I'm pretty sure there's going to be something out there for me."

Comment

• Back on topic to our pick at number ten.

The more film I see of Orakpo the more I realy don't want him. I think really his best fit is as a 4-3 defensive end. He could play 3-4 OLB, but he really is not an impact pass rusher. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves. The only one I have seen him use is a dip and rip move. He really wouldn't add anything that we don't already have.

B.J. is a guy I like the more I see of him. He actually has more pass rush moves than I saw from Orakpo. He really is a very solid ass rusher for a defensivetackle. He is very quick and stout at the point of attack, and does a great job of taking on blockers holding his ground and making plays. The only thing I saw that I really didn't like was he sometimes gets lot after he throws a move. By lost I mean he throws his move. Gets sloppy with his technique and misses.

If we take a pass rusher in the first round it should be Everette Brown. I think in the end he could overtake Orakpo. The thing Brian has going for him is that he will most likely put up insane numbers at the combine. Those will keep him in the top five range. Brown has a very wide range of pass rush moves, and could be the impact guy we are looking for. He also is not a bad run defender as well.

Comment

Back on topic to our pick at number ten.

The more film I see of Orakpo the more I realy don't want him. I think really his best fit is as a 4-3 defensive end. He could play 3-4 OLB, but he really is not an impact pass rusher. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves. The only one I have seen him use is a dip and rip move. He really wouldn't add anything that we don't already have.

B.J. is a guy I like the more I see of him. He actually has more pass rush moves than I saw from Orakpo. He really is a very solid ass rusher for a defensivetackle. He is very quick and stout at the point of attack, and does a great job of taking on blockers holding his ground and making plays. The only thing I saw that I really didn't like was he sometimes gets lot after he throws a move. By lost I mean he throws his move. Gets sloppy with his technique and misses.

If we take a pass rusher in the first round it should be Everette Brown. I think in the end he could overtake Orakpo. The thing Brian has going for him is that he will most likely put up insane numbers at the combine. Those will keep him in the top five range. Brown has a very wide range of pass rush moves, and could be the impact guy we are looking for. He also is not a bad run defender as well.
                    Absolutely. Orakpo is a one trick pony. A very powerful one, but one trick regardless. He's going to get to the edge ( or die trying ) and that's about it. I am HOPING Orakpo puts up the numbers we think he will so that Everette doesn't pass him.

With Green Bay going to the 3-4, I guess i'm looking at this as we'll take whoever they don't. If they pass on the pass rusher, lets get Brown fitted for a Niners jersey, if they want to put him opposite Kampman, then we'll finally get the plug in the middle with Raji.

Comment

Absolutely. Orakpo is a one trick pony. A very powerful one, but one trick regardless. He's going to get to the edge ( or die trying ) and that's about it. I am HOPING Orakpo puts up the numbers we think he will so that Everette doesn't pass him.

With Green Bay going to the 3-4, I guess i'm looking at this as we'll take whoever they don't. If they pass on the pass rusher, lets get Brown fitted for a Niners jersey, if they want to put him opposite Kampman, then we'll finally get the plug in the middle with Raji.
                      The more I think about it the more I think Raji is going to be their pick.

Comment

The more I think about it the more I think Raji is going to be their pick.
                        Either way I'm cool with it. Especially if we get Brown and find a way to grab Ron Brace. I would dance.

Comment

• I am still hoping Andre Smith falls to us at 10 and then we pick up Larry English in the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                            I am still hoping Andre Smith falls to us at 10 and then we pick up Larry English in the 2nd.
                            That would be awesome. I'm down with this idea.
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• who was the last de from fsu that was good? the reason i ask is some guy from si.com wrote brown off. orakpo i feel isn't a goo fit. aaron maybin yes, but not @ 10.

Comment

• "State of the Franchise" going on live right now on http://www.49ers.com/home.php

Also live blog on Matt Maiocco's blog:
                                http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ise-event.html

Jed York, Mike Singletary, and Scott McCloughan will be speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information