This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    That sounds like the biggest load of BS ever.
    I agree but you've already seen how quickly these BS stories get legs.

Adam Schefter writes a blog while half asleep.
    +Fans read it
    +Coach Singletary is asked about it
    ESPN reports 49ers are interested in Vick.

It's sad.

Comment

• The vick thing should only really be considered if he is reinstated. On Igor he also grew up in the city and went to St. Ignatius. So that along with Manusky could make us a great candidate
      “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

• Yes, please bring in Igor. Any upgrade on the DLine is very much welcomed.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I would rather let Balmer get a chance.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Deuce McAllister anyone?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3913182

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat
              Your T.O. numbers are WAAAAAY off. It will cost Dallas only an extra $500-$600K to cut T.O. His current cap charge is approximately in the mid-to-high $8M and his charge after getting cut would be somewhere in the mid-to-low $9M.
              Thats not what I have read. With Owens signing an extension prior to last season, he's still due a lot of signing bonus money and since the signing bonus money is guaranteed, releasing him would cause a huge cap hit for DAL. I read this in the DAL forum who know a lot more than we do about Owens contract. If it was really only $500k or so, I think that they would have released him already.

Either way, it doesnt matter. T.O. may be an asshole but he's not the only problem in DAL. He's just one of the problems.

Comment

• The day that Vick becomes a 49er is the day that Bill Walsh turns in his grave, the day that Montana, Young and Garcia forget that they were ever a 49er to begin with and the day that I stop being a 49ers fan. Enough said.

As for Igor, if he can be signed at a good price, I wouldnt mind him and rather have him over Canty. I still cant believe the crappy Raiders giving Kelly that contract. Thats nuts.

No thanks to McAllister or Taylor.

WOW!!! Sullivan was the only one who knew the system??? Thats just sad. Hill easily outplays him while NOT knowing the system. Makes you wonder how good Hill would play if he did know the system and makes you wonder how much worse Sullivan would have played if he didnt know the system.

Oh well, SHAUN HILL 2009 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  Thats not what I have read. With Owens signing an extension prior to last season, he's still due a lot of signing bonus money and since the signing bonus money is guaranteed, releasing him would cause a huge cap hit for DAL. I read this in the DAL forum who know a lot more than we do about Owens contract. If it was really only $500k or so, I think that they would have released him already.

Either way, it doesnt matter. T.O. may be an asshole but he's not the only problem in DAL. He's just one of the problems.
                  Well, I posted this question in the Dallas board:

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  Can you guys settle something for me? I was under the impression that cutting T.O. would cause a real minor cap hit of $500-700K on top of his salary (something like $8-9M). Someone else is trying to tell me that the cap hit would be over $8M on top of his $8-9M salary). I know I'm right, but I'm looking for some confirmation from you guys. So ... amirite?
                  Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  You're right...it would cost us $680 K.

I really dont think it's going to happen, though.

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  MOTH is right. Our cap hit would be about $9 million if released. His salary & bonuses if he stays would be about $8.3 million.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I think it is time to end the TO talk.... He is not coming here, so give it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      I think it is time to end the TO talk.... He is not coming here, so give it up.
                      Who said anything about T.O. coming here?

Comment

• Probably Dan.

Comment

• I just don't get why everyone is talking about him. This is the 49er off-season discussion, not the Cowboys'.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            I just don't get why everyone is talking about him. This is the 49er off-season discussion, not the Cowboys'.
                            Relax. Dan's point was about the Cowboys not having enough money to re-sign Chris Canty, which could potentially be a Dline target for the 9ers.

Comment

• Eff TO and Canty isn't as good a fit as Igor. If Balmer successfully locks up a starting DE spot in the 3-4, having him, Smith and Sopo with McDonald for depth isn't a bad line. Canty wouldn't be much of a in improvement, especially for overpaying him as a FA.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I actually really like Canty and would prefer him to Igor if we were going to sign one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information