Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His throwing motion isnt violent at all. In fact, it's incredibly easy on him because he uses so much of his body rather than his arm. It's also how a guy how's a few pounds smaller than I can throw those freaking laser fastballs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      His throwing motion isnt violent at all. In fact, it's incredibly easy on him because he uses so much of his body rather than his arm. It's also how a guy how's a few pounds smaller than I can throw those freaking laser fastballs.
      I think there's a lot of a potential room for error because he needs everything he has to be a power pitcher. I do hope that you're right and that durability doesn't become a concern in his career for a long time and that he gets paid, remaining a dominant pitcher for the Giants for many years to come.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Yeah, don't trip Irish. Brent's right. Lincecum's motion is actually less stressful than a standard motion. It's all leg action and that takes the stress off the elbow. He doesn't even ice his arm after games and in college he would pitch game one of every series and then was used as the closer for the next 2 games. His delivery is going to be copied and eventually will be the standard for pitchers. It's pretty revolutionary.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• it's rather amazing. poetic almost haha.

Comment

• looks like Brad Penny, Randy Johnson and Bengie Molina are all being let go.

Comment

looks like Brad Penny, Randy Johnson and Bengie Molina are all being let go.
              Welcome to the big show Mr. Posey, at least I assume that is what will happen.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                Welcome to the big show Mr. Posey, at least I assume that is what will happen.
                they offered him a one year deal, but I would be shocked if Posey isnt on the roster/starting in 2010

Comment

• "8 of the 32 ballots for NL Manager of the Year included Bruce Bochy"

What. The. ****.

Comment

"8 of the 32 ballots for NL Manager of the Year included Bruce Bochy"

What. The. ****.
                    The Giants have been a doormat for a few seasons and the national media focuses on East Coast teams. Boche will get the credit from writers for "developing" the young talent in players like Panda, Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Velez, etc. that made some highlights throughout the year.

Congrats to Timmy for his 2nd Cy Young!!! Guess the performance enhancing drugs paid off.... :D

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• The winter meetings are upon us and the Giants need to make some moves to bolster the lineup so that it can better compliment the dominant pitching rotation. Sabean is on the record that he will take the 'wait and see' approach, instead of making a big splash right away.

I'd be in favor of trading Jonathon Sanchez away for a proven bat. I believe he still has some potential, but it would be more of a "sell high" scenario as he has maxed his trade value as a young pitcher coming off a decent second half and his no hitter. Plus, the organization could fill his shoes in the rotation without much of a drop off IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                        Boche will get the credit from writers for "developing" the young talent in players like Panda, Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Velez, etc. that made some highlights throughout the year.
                        I dont think he's doing well enough to warrant any votes.

Comment

I dont think he's doing well enough to warrant any votes.
                          I agree, but that's what I believed happened. The Giants were expected be a doormat because of the young talent and unknowns, and so Boche got some credit when they had a decent year. It's not like he won. THAT would be shocking.

Comment

• Who does everyone thinks Sabs is going to overpay for this off season? The tubby bastard claims to have ruled out Damon, Dye, and what I believed was the odds on favorite, Adrian Beltre.

Comment

• What do you guys think about the De Rosa signing? I like it as he's in the middle of his prime, has decent power, has a lot of valuable playoff experience he can share with the young Giants, is versatile, and is an upgrade in a position of need for $6 mil a year on a two year contract. Compared to Beltre (1yr/10 mil) Holliday (7 yrs/120 mil) and Bay (4 yrs/60 mil + option yr), he's a decent value.

Oh, and U....ribe was resigned to a one year deal today as well. I like that they're keeping him around as he showed some good pop last year in the second half. I think he'll be able to show more consistent power next season.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about the signings. I want to see the young guns brought up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information