This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the signings. I want to see the young guns brought up.
    It's looking like we'll at least see Posey as the 2nd Catcher for this season. And the last spot in the rotation could be fought for and won by won of the "young guns."

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Aubrey Huff signs one year deal with the Giants and is penciled in the lineup as the #5 hitter behind Kung Fu Panda.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4814895

Not a bad signing, but as usual for Giants fans, this guy is 33 and maybe doesn't have the power and range that he once did. He still has a much more proven track record than young players like Ishikawa that haven't impressed the FO with their bats. It's reportedly a $3 mil deal, which is not bad money for an upgrade to the offense. How much of an upgrade will be need to be determined.

Huff was Sabean's Plan B after LaRoche reportedly turned down a 2 year/$17mil offer from the Giants recently.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• i dont mind the huff signing. 3 mil not bad for a guy who had a monster year two years ago in the AL and has performed at a high level in AL East. maybe he will bounce back and be a bargain.

Comment

• goddamn, more washed up players who are just trying to find starting gigs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

goddamn, more washed up players who are just trying to find starting gigs.
            What did you expect with the G-Men? They aren't going to spend $120 mil on a big time Free Agent signing again anytime soon. Zito royally F***** that up for us all. I just hope that signing these role-player type guys for less cash means they are going to lock up Cain and Lincecum soon for a looooonnng time!

Comment

• so, Timmy wants $13 million and Giants offered him $8... it's not like he's the best pitcher in the game or any thing... (40-17 career record)

Comment

so, Timmy wants $13 million and Giants offered him $8... it's not like he's the best pitcher in the game or any thing... (40-17 career record)
                Even at $13mil he's a value. Either way, he'll be getting a significant (and well earned) pay raise from the several hundred thousand he's been making the last few years. Time to lock him up long term, Giants.

Comment

• Also, Molina is back for one more year to catch:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4840141

This is good as Molina calls great games, is an above-average defensive catcher, will be a great mentor for Posey, and can still be a productive bat. I just wish the guy could run a little faster; he's a triple play waiting to happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    Also, Molina is back for one more year to catch:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4840141

This is good as Molina calls great games, is an above-average defensive catcher, will be a great mentor for Posey, and can still be a productive bat. I just wish the guy could run a little faster; he's a triple play waiting to happen!
                    Agree, Posey gets to go back to triple A and catch in low pressure situations. My only fear is that Boch relapses, to last season, and starts batting Molina in the clean up spot when the offense starts to stall.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      Agree, Posey gets to go back to triple A and catch in low pressure situations. My only fear is that Boch relapses, to last season, and starts batting Molina in the clean up spot when the offense starts to stall.
                      Hopefully Huff and De Rosa and crew won't suck that bad to let that happen. Hopefully.

Comment

• Timmy signed for 2 years - $23 Million.

2 years?

Would have liked to have seen a longer deal than that, as I'm sure most of you would have as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                          Timmy signed for 2 years - $23 Million.

2 years?

Would have liked to have seen a longer deal than that, as I'm sure most of you would have as well.
                          It really doesn't matter. He's still under team control for the next 4 seasons-- this just bought out two of his arb. years.

Comment

• there is no way they let him leave the Bay Area, he generates too much money when he starts

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                              It really doesn't matter. He's still under team control for the next 4 seasons-- this just bought out two of his arb. years.
                              I don't think that's true. They gave him a contract for 2010 and 2011 meaning he still becomes a FA after the 2012 season unless they agree to another contract. They only bough out 2 arb years and then in the 3rd year he's arb-eligible again from what I understand.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                I don't think that's true. They gave him a contract for 2010 and 2011 meaning he still becomes a FA after the 2012 season unless they agree to another contract. They only bough out 2 arb years and then in the 3rd year he's arb-eligible again from what I understand.
                                Nah, he's right. They just bought out the first 2 arb years. He'll still have 2 arb years after.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information