This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
    Yes, but like all Giant pitchers, run support has been an issue the last few years. :( Look at Cain's run support - it's among the very worst in the league over the last two years! Zito's confidence dipped a little in previous years and he's admitted that the contract has put added pressure on him. The emergence of Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez has actually taken some pressure off of him and turned the pitching rotation into more of a friendly competition, which has been good for Zito. He'll never truly earn his contract from the Giants, but it would be nice to get a couple productive years out of him before it's up.
    Of course, I mean every pitcher is going to benefit from run support and suffer when they dont get it except for the freaks like Timmy, and our offense even cost him half a dozen wins last year. My point was simply that Zito cant seem to catch a break in addition to underperforming..i actually think hell be decent this year..although im not sure I like him as our #2. This team is going to give me an ulcer, i can already tell. If I have to watch Bengie or Rowand hit into another DP with one out and one on im going to punch a baby. Why does Bochy put one of our worst hitterrs at lead off, and our fastest player (Torres) hit 8th last nite? Why isnt Posey up here yet contributing? Why sit Bowker? sigh....

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
      Of course, I mean every pitcher is going to benefit from run support and suffer when they dont get it except for the freaks like Timmy, and our offense even cost him half a dozen wins last year. My point was simply that Zito cant seem to catch a break in addition to underperforming..i actually think hell be decent this year..although im not sure I like him as our #2. This team is going to give me an ulcer, i can already tell. If I have to watch Bengie or Rowand hit into another DP with one out and one on im going to punch a baby. Why does Bochy put one of our worst hitterrs at lead off, and our fastest player (Torres) hit 8th last nite? Why isnt Posey up here yet contributing? Why sit Bowker? sigh....
      Punching babies won't help the situation, bro. It'll only make it worse. :)

Zito was getting lit up like a Christmas Tree early in games, especially at the beginning of the last few seasons. He's looked arguably better every year that he's been a Giant but he's not the pitcher that won the AL Cy Young a few years back. I'd rather have Cain as the #2 spot, but I believe they have Zito there so they can best alternate L and R arms day to day in the pitching rotation.

I agree that we need a better leadoff hitter with more speed, but they have to be able to hit for average as well, otherwise the speed is all but useless. Rowand has dropped 15-20 pounds since last year so his wheels should be a little faster, thus why they are having him hit leadoff for now. Torres has to prove more consistent. Remember the brief Rajai Davis experiment a couple years ago? Speed isn't everything for a leadoff hitter.

They have a lot of free-swingers in Molina, Uribe, Pablo, Renteria, Rowand, etc. I did like the move bringing in a new hitting coach which will hopefully help with some patience and pitch selection at the plate. Pablo looked good his first couple at bats the other night, but after everyone else was getting hits but him, he reverted back to swinging at everything late in the game.

The reasons why Posey isn't up from Day 1 this season are the following:

1) Molina is worthy of the starting spot due to his experience and offensive and defensive production and they want Posey to play every day. Posey would only be able to play one to two days a week at catcher and would have him split time at first, where they signed Huff to primarily play, and have Pablo, Ishikawa and Bowker that all can play there as well.

2) By bringing him up a little later in the year, they can hold off another year before he is arbitration-eligible, when they'll have to pay out the a$$ for a long term deal.

I'd like to see him every day and I believe we'll get our chance by June.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• if they play Posey at first, they are going to waste his potential.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

awesome
            I'm Lovin it for sure!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Damn it, ESPN blocked it.

Bullpen has let us down two games in a row. Shiet.

Off-topic, but related to Shiet: scoring on your own goal in OT of a playoff game. Thanks, Sharks.

Comment

• Aargh. Stop blowing Lincecum's wins, stupid bullpen.

Comment

• Yep, that's two in a row. The Phils extra inning loss last week was on Boche for taking out Lincecum with 2 outs to go.

Comment

• Runzler needs to be the go to righty in tight spots not Romo.

Also how about the Sharks jumping to a 3-0 series lead?

Comment

• If only Runzler weren't a lefty LOL.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                        If only Runzler weren't a lefty LOL.
                        He's so good he could pitch both ways....yeah I blanked badly on that one thanks. Romo just came up huge so I look like an even bigger ass now. :D

Comment

• This crap with Lincecum is getting ridiculous. I am happy with a win, for sure, but how is Lincecum going to win his 3rd Cy Young if his bullpen keeps blowing his wins? Strikeouts alone aren't gonna do it.

Comment

• Nope, the bullpen de-railed a few wins for him late last year that I thought were going to be the cause of Timmy not repeating. He'll get his, but having a "special" (25+ wins) season that I believe he's capable of won't happen with the bullpen giving away that many of his wins this early.

Comment

• I think last year showed that he doesnt have to win a lot of games for people to recognize that he's the best pitcher in baseball.

Funny thing is, if they Giants did make playoffs, Timmy could easily pitch half the games with his throwing motion that essentially takes all the stress off his arm.

Comment

• True, but they have to get there first! If the Giants get into the postseason, teams will not want to face them and their pitching rotation. They should be able to do some damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information