Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the last time there been some good bulletin board material posted by a player from the bay area? Last one I could think was Julian Peterson against the Cowboys in '05.
    Yet Sanchez really opened eyes with his comments after today’s game.

“We are going to make the playoffs,” Sanchez said, without an ounce of prompting.

Asked again, for clarification, if he was guaranteeing the Giants will make the playoffs, Sanchez said, “Yeah, we will.”

“San Diego has been winning series all year. … But we’re going to play San Diego now and we’re going to beat them three times. If we get to first place, we’re not going to look back.”
    I know Dirty no hit them last season but he is one guy that shouldn't be writing checks his a** can't cash. Especially with one series before the Pads even come into town. Friday can't get here soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
      When is the last time there been some good bulletin board material posted by a player from the bay area? Last one I could think was Julian Peterson against the Cowboys in '05.

I know Dirty no hit them last season but he is one guy that shouldn't be writing checks his a** can't cash. Especially with one series before the Pads even come into town. Friday can't get here soon enough.
      I'll be in town and I have tix to that game and for Saturday as well. Looking forward to them kicking some Padre a** and taking possession of first place for good.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Some thoughts on the Giants over the past month or so:
        -We are a better team than the Rockies, Dodgers, and Reds. We just don't seem to play near our potential against the Padres, Braves, and Phillies.
        -I really like all the moves Sabean has done to get us some help. Ross and Gullien are great for depth and some extra juice for our lineup, but they are old and slow as ****.
        -If we make the playoffs, Buster Posey is the ROY and our MVP. If we don't make the playoffs and the Rockies/Padres do, Sabean should be fired.
        -Were a better team than the Rockies in every way, the only guys that they have that are better then us is Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki.
        -The G-men bats are miserably inconsistent. One day were a slugfest team scoring runs like they're nothing. The next day we get absolutely shutout, scoring a single run is just not possible.
        -We desperately need some speed. If we can get 3 or 4 guys in the lineup that are actually a threat on the bases, we would be ahead of the Padres right now.
        -The Padres are leaking oil. Leave it to the crappy Dodgers to not get a win against them after the Pad's were on a 10-game losing streak.
        -Our starting rotation is great. The only guy in our rotation that is pitching average is Zito.

We've got a pretty soft schedule coming up againist the Brewers and Diamondbacks. The G-men gotta step it up and smash these much weaker teams. That 3-game series vs the Padres at th eend of the season is looking like its gonna decide the playoffs for us.

Comment

• Good observations Hawkeye. The Giants have ZERO excuses to not make the playoffs. I'm calling it now that the Giants win the West and the Rockies beat out the Padres for 2nd place and possibly the Wild Card spot.

My Posey jersey is arriving this week so I'll have it for the stretch run and the playoffs. :)

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• It's a miraculous season when you reach September & the Giants aren't having their postseason dreams annihilated by the hated Dodgers.

Splitting a couple of 1-0 games with the Padres is like a win-win to me, they're not dorking up a good season with bumbling the last 10 or so games.

It will be great to see the Giants in the postseason again, October fog in McCovey Cove, maybe Posey will hit that coke bottle & win a million $.

Comment

• First place! So, assuming we do make the playoffs, what does our rotation look like? Zito, lets face it, has been terrible the last 1.5 months while Cain and Sanchez have both been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                First place! So, assuming we do make the playoffs, what does our rotation look like? Zito, lets face it, has been terrible the last 1.5 months while Cain and Sanchez have both been great.
                Amazing they are back in first. I thought, about a month ago, that Giants most realistic shot was at the wild card and I wanted to wash my hands of Sanchez after the Padres start. And now the Giants are back in first after his brilliant start.

Looking ahead the final off day for SF is Aug 27th and I could see them reshuffling the rotation to set up the big guys for the final Padres series of the year. But, right now, I would be looking at a 3 man rotation with Timmy, Cain, and Sanchez. With only 2 games back to back and it being a 5 game series I would cut it down to our 3 most consistant guys.

Comment

• They have a battle down the stretch ahead, but right now I see the playoff rotation as such: Lincecum, Cain, Zito, Sanchez. First place! YES!!!!

Comment

• that is likely the playoff rotation; however, given Timmy's ability to never ice his shoulder and pitch every day, I would love if it were:

Lincecum
                    Cain
                    Lincecum
                    Zito
                    Lincecum
                    Sanchez

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• So at least the Giants won and Lincecum/Cain have looked fantastic recently. If Zito does not get bounces behind Sanchez at least I will be angry to say the least

Comment

• This is the week we have been waiting for since Timmy has been called up. I hope SF doesn't slip up. I hope Boch pitches Zito for the last game of the Arizona series so we got Big Time Timmy Jims and Cainer going to start the SD series.

Comment

• I just hope we make the playoffs.

Comment

• Took another road series at Colorado today. Things are looking up for sure but it's going to be tight.

Comment

• 1, hope Cainer can finish them off but I do think it would be ironic if the series came down to Sanchez. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• win and they're in.

I havent been this excited about Giants baseball since I was 17. holy ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information