Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 & 2012 & 2014 World Champion San Francisco Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cheapest tickets I could find online for games 3-4: $400 each

    **** that. they were under a hundred if you were one of the lucky few to buy them online when they went on sale weeks ago.

    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

    Comment


    • Yep, I know people that have lower level seats 30 rows behind Giants dugout = $1K each. If this series goes long, I may have a chance to go to one of the last games. It'll be worth the "family emergency" trip from AZ!

      I'm very proud of this team. I hope they can finish it off and end the SF ring drought.


      #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


      "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

      Comment


      • Should we keep the roster the same heading into the series? I would be tempted to replace Mota with Zeets since he has had good lifetime success against the Rangers and I think Bochy has been walking a thin line without a long relief pitcher for the last series.

        Reports are Guillen would be left off the roster. He, along with Zeets, really messed the bed the last week of the season to cost themselves spots. I was thinking that Guillen would get a crack at DH but now Panda makes the most sense and Rowand vesus lefties.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          Should we keep the roster the same heading into the series? I would be tempted to replace Mota with Zeets since he has had good lifetime success against the Rangers and I think Bochy has been walking a thin line without a long relief pitcher for the last series.

          Reports are Guillen would be left off the roster. He, along with Zeets, really messed the bed the last week of the season to cost themselves spots. I was thinking that Guillen would get a crack at DH but now Panda makes the most sense and Rowand vesus lefties.
          Those are some interesting match ups to consider and I have faith in Boche that he will make the right calls for the roster. He has been masterful with his moves in the postseason thusfar, clearly out-managing both Bobby Cox and Charlie Manuel.


          #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


          "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            He has been masterful with his moves in the postseason thusfar, clearly out-managing both Bobby Cox and Charlie Manuel.
            I never thought I would ever see this said about Bruce Bochy and be so true.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              I never thought I would ever see this said about Bruce Bochy and be so true.
              I never thought I'd say that with it not being laced with sarcasm.


              #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


              "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

              Comment


              • This postseason has got me super confused about management.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  This postseason has got me super confused about management.
                  He's drafted a lot of great players for you guys by luck or skill. His small FA signings also seem to be on the money. His trades and big FA signings are the ones that leave you questioning yourself.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    He's drafted a lot of great players for you guys by luck or skill. His small FA signings also seem to be on the money. His trades and big FA signings are the ones that leave you questioning yourself.
                    Good assessment.


                    #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                    "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      This postseason has got me super confused about management.
                      Just keep the sig, don't ask questions.

                      Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      He's drafted a lot of great players for you guys by luck or skill. His small FA signings also seem to be on the money. His trades and big FA signings are the ones that leave you questioning yourself.
                      in other words, Sabean does well when using the farm system but he needs to realize that big contract guys are available because they're not going to contribute.

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment


                      • Yes! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yes!

                        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                        Comment


                        • I don't miss Tim Alderson now. FREDDY!

                          Speechless they dropped a 6 spot on Cliff Lee tonight. Who are these guys?!?!

                          Comment


                          • Sanchez has been on fire lately. I think the announcers said 9 for his last 14 or something. Damn

                            Comment


                            • HUGE win in Game 1. Cain needs to lock these Rangers bats up tonight. Stay hot Giants!!!!


                              #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                              "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                              Comment


                              • Funny video from Maiocco on his blog showing Giants fans watching the magic in Game 1 in London. Love to see that people like him are hardcore.

                                http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/maiocco_blog


                                #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                                "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information