Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That bar is classy looking. I guess the Brits really are classier than us.
    Last edited by abaddon41_80; 10-29-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• My 2 fave MLB teams in the WS, & a stunning game last night!

The storm blew in from the north, whitecappish waves in McCovey Cove, but the rain held up, & it blew the Rangers away. that miraculous 7th inning, 3 runs walked in, I thought they were about to play Wild Thing for the Texas pitching like in Major League! There were like 11 straight balls, no strikes, loading up the bases, then RBI time -- McCarver: It's like batting practice, you know what you're gonna get.

And Cain couldnt do anything wrong.

Best since 02, yes, but the best Giants postseason performance since 1962.

Celeb closeups in the stands included Wayne Gretzky & Joe Montana, the shots of Nolan Ryan said it all. God I so love that man, old guys like me hero worship him, best white athlete ever produced by the Great State, you have to feel sorry for him watching one of the absolute worst Texas performances ever. They simply couldnt do anything right with the bats & the breaks all went the other way, they just wanted to get the 8th-9th innings over with & get on the plane home.

The Rangers had almost-HRs including one that was so freakish bouncing back from the edge of the wall, but Giants defense was magnificent, Ross blocking the base hit on his chest to hold the runner at 3rd, so many catches of high fly balls that they made look easy.

Giants have the whole pkg, the catchy slogan (Sweet Torture), the beards, the the right batting order to keep the offensive machine going, Cy Young Awards, gotta love it. 2-0 game lead Giants, & a big + on the psychological edge going into Arlington.
      Last edited by LizardState; 10-29-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• I know several people that were at the game and they said it was the best time they've ever had at AT&T Park - the fun moments, intelligent baseball conversations, relentless passionate chanting fans, and celebratory embraces and singing as they watched their team march onto another convincing victory.

It's magic inside! Off to Texas to step on the Rangers' throats and take Game 3!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Bochy shakes up the lineup. Pat and Panda out. Huff moves into DH role with Ish at 1st and Nate in RF. Surprised Bochy didn't just drop Pat in the lineup. I do like Jeff Flechter's point that the Giants are in trouble at 1st base if they need a PH for Ish if they have to face a lefty late in the game.

Comment

• I would have just moved Pat to 7th or something. I know he has sucked but he still has lots of experience and lots of power so having him in there makes me feel better. I would have been happy with,

1 - Torres
            2 - Sanchez
            3 - Posey
            4 - Huff
            5 - Ross
            6 - Uribe
            7 - Sandoval
            8 - Burrell
            9 - Renteria

Comment

• Don't know what is more surreal Bumgarner getting a W and Posey hitting a HR (in their rookie seasons) in a World Series game or the Giants being one win away from the title.

I don't think the Giants being in the series will hit me till next week. So, so close and yet Cliff Lee stands in the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Don't know what is more surreal Bumgarner getting a W and Posey hitting a HR (in their rookie seasons) in a World Series game or the Giants being one win away from the title.

I don't think the Giants being in the series will hit me till next week. So, so close and yet Cliff Lee stands in the way.
                You're right, it feels so weird for them to be in the World Series. My Giants fanhood cannot shake the feeling that we'll somehow manage to blow this.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• One more win! This team looks poised to take the title and just because Cliff Lee is pitching, they have Lincecum, so I still give the Giants the edge. We shouldn't fear them and their "star" pitcher (who is already counting his mentally half out the door to the Yankess and a huge contract); they should fear the Giants and fear the beard! Let's lock it up, boys!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    You're right, it feels so weird for them to be in the World Series. My Giants fanhood cannot shake the feeling that we'll somehow manage to blow this.
                    No I'm the same way too. I thought they would lose to Phillies in 6 and I thought same thing with Texas. Just so used to past heartbreak with this team. The part that is driving me most insane is (some Giants fans) hoping they lose tonight so they can wrap this thing up in SF. How egotistical does that sound with our past history? I do not want to test the baseball Gods.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      No I'm the same way too. I thought they would lose to Phillies in 6 and I thought same thing with Texas. Just so used to past heartbreak with this team. The part that is driving me most insane is (some Giants fans) hoping they lose tonight so they can wrap this thing up in SF. How egotistical does that sound with our past history? I do not want to test the baseball Gods.
                      I know it would be great, but unless I have Game 5 tix (which I don't) I'll take the win and party and celebrate just as hard, no matter what! We can't get greedy and wait for the "perfect" time to win it - just take the win and the championship as soon as they can get it.

If they win tonight, a couple years from now, will you remember that they clinched all 3 of their playoff series victories on the road? I doubt it and I doubt that us fans would care.

It'd be nice to bring it home for the win, but not necessary. Besides, if Lincecum pitches well and they slam Cliff Lee again, isn't that almost a little sweeter? It would leave no doubt about this team as winners IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                        I know it would be great, but unless I have Game 5 tix (which I don't) I'll take the win and party and celebrate just as hard, no matter what! We can't get greedy and wait for the "perfect" time to win it - just take the win and the championship as soon as they can get it.

If they win tonight, a couple years from now, will you remember that they clinched all 3 of their playoff series victories on the road? I doubt it and I doubt that us fans would care.

It'd be nice to bring it home for the win, but not necessary. Besides, if Lincecum pitches well and they slam Cliff Lee again, isn't that almost a little sweeter? It would leave no doubt about this team as winners IMHO.
                        Yep Red Sox fans were't complaining that it happened in St. Louis instead of Fenway. All that matter is the W.

Would be very enjoyable to watch Cliff Lee get run. I loved that Fox Sports had an article that basically was headlined that Texas had an automatic win in Game 1 since he was pitching. It would also be sweet cause Timmy would (probably) end up with MVP if he pitches well tonight. 2 Cy Youngs and a World Series MVP. That would be a heck of a resume.

Comment

• OK, who's gonna make the WS Champion thread?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• This is, without a doubt, the best feeling in the history of my love of sports.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              This is, without a doubt, the best feeling in the history of my love of sports.
                              +100000000000000 I never thought I would see this. Thank you Bill Neukom, Brian Sabean, and Bruce Bochy.

2010 World Series Champion San Francisco.........I finally get to to say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parade Wed! Can't wait to go to it.

Comment

• I wish I was in Frisco for that parade. Have a blast fellas!

Congrats to the GIANTS; they left NO DOUBT that they were the best team this year and deserve to be champions!

What's great is that even after they won it, they will be labeled by the East Coast biased media as "flukes" or "one-year wonders"; they STILL will be underdogs! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information