This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I frequently gloat to my students that their Rangers lost to my Giants.

Also, my computer's background on the projector is a large SF logo.
    I feel sorta bad because now those Rangers fans will look at Giants fans the way we looked at Angels fans for the last 7 years........okay not that bad but feel for them.

Comment

• WHY JUAN WHY?!?!?!
      http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/1...uan-uribe.html

(Bracing for the inevitable 4 year, $80 million contract that Brian Sabean hands Derek Jeter)

Comment

• honestly, they can have him, what happens to all Dodger players who went for a payday? they fail. isnt that right, Derek Lowe?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          honestly, they can have him, what happens to all Dodger players who went for a payday? they fail. isnt that right, Derek Lowe?
          Jason Schmidt comes to mind. But agree would never have wanted SF to give Uribe a deal that long. Just blows having to see him in a Dodgers uniform next season.

Comment

• The Rockies just locked up Tulo through 2020 as well. These moves are responses to the Giants winning it all, as teams in the division want to challenge them for sure.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Good article on one Buster written by another Buster, previewing the Jan 10th ESPN the Mag Cover Posey will be featured on:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5965987

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• As expected after a WS win, the Giants exercised 2012 options on Boche and Sabean:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6091102

Comment

• What is everyone's feelings heading into the 2011 now that the celebrating is over? Here some random thoughts:

-Panda looks to be in damn good shape and very cool to see him working out with Barry.

-Do not like the Tejada signing and worried about the lack of depth behind him if/when he gets hurt. Hoping Crawford makes some noise this spring training.

-How does the rotation fall after Timmy? Would love to see Bumgarner take the regins as the #2 starter and to be that lefty that splits up Timmy/Cainer. Do wonder if it will be asking a lot to take on that many innings early into his career.

-Interesting to see how they handle Belt this spring. Do they "Posey" him and it is either win a starting job or be sent to AAA or if they would carry him on the bench.

-Anyone else still go on youtube occasional and watch all the playoff/World Series stuff? I still get chills.

Comment

• My celebration of the Giants has not ended. I was razzing my Dodgers fan friend last night.

With the black and yellow song getting a lot of play recently, I went back to the black and orange version.

The rotation will again be the strength of the '11 team. I'm hoping that keeping a majority of the team in place will allow the chemistry a chance to continue to build in the regular season. With losing Uribe, other guys will have to step up and create some runs. Sabean will find another bat or two for the home stretch if they get off to the start they need,

I bought the World Champs DVD. A must have to remember details of their run.

Comment

• Pitchers and catchers officially report today. Who's excited for the Giants to defend their title?!?!?!

Comment

• The Giants will actually be fun to watch for the first time in years!

I'll be at opening day vs the Dodgers on March 31st :).

Comment

• ^uhh they've been pretty damn fun to watch the last two years, no??

Really hope Pablo can get on track this year. Hopefully Belt is up after his Super 2 status is over. Man what a 3-4-5 that would be with Posey. I think a big key to the season will be Torres. We need him to hold down the leadoff spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milk Man View Post
                            ^uhh they've been pretty damn fun to watch the last two years, no??

Really hope Pablo can get on track this year. Hopefully Belt is up after his Super 2 status is over. Man what a 3-4-5 that would be with Posey. I think a big key to the season will be Torres. We need him to hold down the leadoff spot.
                            90% of the last two years was torture....it was worth it in the end though :).

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                              The Giants will actually be fun to watch for the first time in years!

I'll be at opening day vs the Dodgers on March 31st :).
                              I hope you wear all your World Series gear and let them have it. They can never shove the no ring crap in our face again. BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Milk Man
                              Fired up to see Belt at some point this year. That would be an exciting batting order to have and how young all 3 are Panda (24), Posey (23), and Belt (22).

This is hanging at the enterence to the club house in Scottsdale. Chills.
                              http://plixi.com/p/77315771

Comment

• Opening day tomorrow!!!!

Looks like Brandon Belt made the team, and Ishikawa is going to be placed on waivers.

http://twitter.com/JohnSheaHey/statu...3723532165120#

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information