X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
    Opening day tomorrow!!!!

Looks like Brandon Belt made the team, and Ishikawa is going to be placed on waivers.

http://twitter.com/JohnSheaHey/statu...3723532165120#
    Yep, they're not messing around. I like the move. It shows that they want to keep adding power and maintain their place on top. Plus, Belt's D is supposedly very solid, which was Ishikawa's main strength.

I think they have a great chance of repeating this year. It's a long season and I'm looking forward to it. Yeah Opening Day!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I'm so fired up about Belt being on the opening day roster. Henry Schulman said this should be the lineup for tonight:
      Torres, Sanchez, Huff, Posey, Burrell, Tejada, Belt, Panda, Timmy.

I would rather flip flop Tejada and Panda. Reward him for having a good spring.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!! BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        I'm so fired up about Belt being on the opening day roster. Henry Schulman said this should be the lineup for tonight:
        Torres, Sanchez, Huff, Posey, Burrell, Tejada, Belt, Panda, Timmy.

I would rather flip flop Tejada and Panda. Reward him for having a good spring.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!! BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I agree about the lineup. They're making Panda earn it though after last season. He's proven he's changed for the better so far but needs to carry it through the season when it counts!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Tough loss, Timmy threw a solid game.

I'm not to worried about this game, hopefully we'll get over the hangover soon, step it up and win the series.

Comment

Tough loss, Timmy threw a solid game.

I'm not to worried about this game, hopefully we'll get over the hangover soon, step it up and win the series.
            Yeah it was nice to see Timmy get stronger as the game went along. He was rolling by the time he was pulled. Much better then last season's start vs MIL.

I'm trying my best to put up with Tejada but I don't think I have even entered a honeymoon faze with him.

Like this stat from John Shea's twitter:
            #SFGiants Stat o' the night: Dodgers threw 135 pitches, 29 to Belt. That's 21 percent to one guy. Great plate discipline by the kid.

Comment

• Just cause they're the Champs does not mean that it's going to be any easier this year, nor does it mean that the torture games will stop. 161 more until the playoffs. :)

Their age showed a little last night, with Huff and Burrell looking a little shaky in the field, Tejada committing an error. Also, youth and inexperience allowed the Posey hiccup to Sandoval happen when Pablo should have never called for the ball and Buster shouldn't have chucked it so quickly. That was out of his character and I'm sure he learned a lot on that play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                Just cause they're the Champs does not mean that it's going to be any easier this year, nor does it mean that the torture games will stop. 161 more until the playoffs. :)

Their age showed a little last night, with Huff and Burrell looking a little shaky in the field, Tejada committing an error. Also, youth and inexperience allowed the Posey hiccup to Sandoval happen when Pablo should have never called for the ball and Buster shouldn't have chucked it so quickly. That was out of his character and I'm sure he learned a lot on that play.
                The lost to the hated ******* Dodgers on 2 errors...... ****** start to the season.

Comment

• Nice bounce back win yesterday for the G-Men with a thorough domination of the Dodgers, coming up with timely hit after timely hit and Cain looking to be in postseason form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    Nice bounce back win yesterday for the G-Men with a thorough domination of the Dodgers, coming up with timely hit after timely hit and Cain looking to be in postseason form.
                    Amazing that Bochy bats Tejada leadoff, has Rowand in the lineup, and the Giants go out and post ten runs. Before the game (on my twitter account) I dubbed it the "Anti-Christ" lineup and they go out and do that. Be nice to split the series heading into SD. Happy Zito day?

Comment

• Another bad start from the Mad Bomber:
                      2.2 IP 4 HA 3 ER 2 BB 2 K

His 3 starts before:
                      14.2 IP, 12 ER, 8 BB, 7 K, 7.39 ERA

Zero quality starts this year. With Zito's injury the back end of the rotation is starting to become a giant question mark. Vogelsong looked good tonight so we will see how he fares with against Pitt. But going to need some QS or the bullpen is going to wear down quick.

Comment

• Posey is out for the season....

I heard he's possibly done at Catcher as well.

Comment

• I'm rosterbaiting between the 49ers discussion and the Giants discussion.
                          SI_JonHeyman
                          #sfgiants in position to land beltran. #phillies not quite giving up. but deal with sf could get done soon. #tradedeadline

@Ken_Rosenthal Source: Beltran NOT going to #Rangers. #SFGiants presumed front-runner.

Ken_Rosenthal
                          Two #SFGiants prospects that scouts like and could be part of Beltran offer: OF Francisco Peguero, 2B Charlie Culberson. #tradedeadline #MLB
                          Would love to get this trade wrapped up before the end of the deadline.

Comment

• Beltran was 0-4 in his debut.

Giants won the series against the Phillies 2-1 though.

Am i the only one that thinks catcher is a glaring need? Whiteside and Stewart are ok backups but we need an experienced vet catcher to fill the void until Posey gets back. I was thinking either Pudge from the Nats or Hernandez from the Reds.

Comment

Beltran was 0-4 in his debut.

Giants won the series against the Phillies 2-1 though.

Am i the only one that thinks catcher is a glaring need? Whiteside and Stewart are ok backups but we need an experienced vet catcher to fill the void until Posey gets back. I was thinking either Pudge from the Nats or Hernandez from the Reds.
                              Agreed. The Nats offered Pudge the day Posey went down. The reason the Giants initially didn't go after another catcher is that the pitching staff has chemistry with Whiteside/Stewart. I'm not so sure of it as they have had a number of passed balls, errors, etc. Neither of these guys have contributed much offensively and they don't throw a high percentage of runners out. It's nothing against them; they are just back-up kind of talents and the Giants are in it to win it. They are the weakest links on a pretty bad offense = biggest ares for improvement.

A Catcher and a Shortstop are still areas of need. Rumor yesterday has the Giants targeting Furcal, with an August waiver deal possible happening as he should clear due to his salary. Doubt the Dodgers would trade him over before then very easily. However, I'm sure Ned Colletti owes Sabean one. :)

Comment

• I'm not too sure about this Cabrera for Thomas Neal deal that went down last night. I wanted the Giants to pick up a SS but Cabrera's numbers are almost the same as Tejada's and he's only a year younger, with a little better range. Neal has rare speed that this Giants team doesn't have much of. He had a chance to be their starting LF next year. I like this deal much less initially then the Keppinger and Beltran deals. Why does Sabean love over-the-hill shortstops so much?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information