Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i honestly thought that Newton would shine throwing the ball at the combine, because it is just throwing balls that he can make easily in shorts, but I came away unimpressed. Just as I went into the National Championship game waiting to be blown away...

He can make all the throws, but his accuracy was all over the place.

Comment

I'd prefer Gabbert but not if it means missing out on Peterson or Miller.

Comment

Ponder, definitely.

Comment

Living in GA, I get to see alot of FSU and christain ponder excite me. He reminds me of a former qb here at UGA, david green. Another guy who made a bunch of smart decisions and was accurate and productive in college, but a guy I felt would never be more than a backup as a pro. Ponder makes me feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Verloren View Post
            You mean like how BamBam wore 49 when he was at Ole Miss?
            Or how Stephen Paea hit 225 49 times? O_o

i chose ponder. By all accounts, it seems like he would be the best fit. Kaepernick can be an option too. Not at 7 for either of them.

Comment

I think Ponder is one of the best fits for the WCO but I believe Locker could be molded under Harbaugh as well to reach his potential. Neither are worth the 7th pick at this point but I don't see either of them being available after the mid 20's with teams in the early 2nd (who passed on QB in the first round) trading up to get them (or a team like Seattle taking one of them).

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

McElroy is growing on me as a late round guy. He should be a solid backup, which we need, but maybe we luck out and get a good starter down the road.

Ponder in the 2nd and McElroy in the 5th/6th would be solid. Get a vet like Hasselbeck or Bulger for a year. Then Ponder takes over. If he can't stay healthy or just isn't good after a few seasons then see how McElroy has developed.

Comment

Gabbert should be long gone when we pick so Ponder in the second. Most of the other top guys seem to have huge issues that make investing a first rounder a questionable risk at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                    Gabbert should be long gone when we pick so Ponder in the second. Most of the other top guys seem to have huge issues that make investing a first rounder a questionable risk at best.
                    Not to mention the other players available who could also fit other needs on the team.

Comment

I could see Harbaugh taking a long look at Gabbert should he somehow fall to the Niners at 7; I just don't see that as a realistic scenario and no other QB has proven worthy of the 7th pick, especially with the other talent that should be available at that point.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

QBs will always go in the top 5, I dont see how this year will be different. I am sure it will be Newton, but Gabbert to Buffalo wouldnt be shocking either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Locker & Ponder are tied, & they're the 2 who made the greatest strides in the postseason (all star games, Combine), amazing.

Voted Locker. Doesn't have Mallett's big arm but his head for the game is the most NFL-ready.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information