Step 2 of 4. Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
    ^ When I brought up the Martin vs Jennings it was mostly Redzone. I have seen the Packers come out with two wide outs, him being one, inside the 5 yard line and just running fades. When the Hawks run zone Martin can be in Jennings zone. #1 corners dont always cover #1 WR.
    Ok, that makes sense. I know it's not always #1 vs #1, but if you let Driver or Jennings run on a nickelback you're going to be sorry.

I think the Seahawks can handle Grant. Look at Portis yesterday. He was the hottest runningback in the NFL and we stopped him. You guys run a ZBS if I am not mistaken and against our fast defense it doesnt work well.
    Hottest RB in the NFL? I don't know about that.

Week 11 - 36 yards
    Week 12 - 68 yards
    Week 13 - 50 yards
    Week 14 - 36 yards
    Week 15 - 126 yards
    Week 16 - 76 yards
    Week 17 - 104 yards
    Average - 70 yards per game, 3.4 yards per carry

Not too impressive.

Grant
    Week 11 - 88
    12 - 101
    13 - 94
    14 - 156
    15 - 55
    16 - 100
    17 - 57 (on 6 carries)
    Average - 93 yards per game, 5.6 yards per carry

I am interested what you think the final score will be?
    If I had to call it now I'd say 28-17 Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      Ahh yes it sure was. It wasn't implied that he was slow or anything, but it wasn't his largest attribute either. Which is why i choose to mention it when his speed was claimed to be what helps him and Driver was the route runner . Want some video evidence, go watch the Rams games last year where they talk about it for a good portion of the game. I remember when we drafted him to that his knock was running " only" a 4.5. You're right he is pretty damn fast, but not a " speedster". His routes are what make him, Robinson even compared his routes to Harrison, who he coached earlier in his career.
      He ran a 4.42 not 4.5. There were never questions about his speed. It kind of sounds like you're thinking of James Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        He ran a 4.42 not 4.5. There were never questions about his speed. It kind of sounds like you're thinking of James Jones.
        Depends on where you get the information, like always..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/18332.html
        Also see where it says he's not a true deep threat?

Something I found interesting was that it says he could be a solid number 3, ha.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Something I found interesting was that it says he could be a solid number 3, ha.
          His time an the combine was 4.42, I'll go with that over anything else. And he's not a true deep threat. He's actually better at taking a short route and making it into a big gain. That doesn't mean he doesn't have speed or that he can't go deep though.

Comment

Yea looks like there were a lot opinions on him but back on subject.

Do the Packers have any key injuries? The Seahawks really only have Deion who should play next week. Then theres Sean who is always hurt.
            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
            the only hot actreeses are adult
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
              Yea looks like there were a lot opinions on him but back on subject.

Do the Packers have any key injuries? The Seahawks really only have Deion who should play next week. Then theres Sean who is always hurt.
              Johnny Jolly, but he's been out for weeks now. Junius Coston would have started at LG, but he's been placed on IR during the week. Korey Hall will return and will start for the first time since week 15. Jarrett Bush will be back, but he's dropped down the depth chart anyway. Then we have some that are banged up, but with the bye week will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                And he's not a true deep threat. He's actually better at taking a short route and making it into a big gain. That doesn't mean he doesn't have speed or that he can't go deep though.
                Well of course he is better at short routes, as with all of Green bay's receivers.

But come on not a true deep threat? Remember him agianst Denver, Oakland, Kansas city, bears, or the Rams? All deep balls. He's part of the reason GB leads in catches of over 40 yards... Kinda hard to do that without you're number two being a deep threat. That's just more analysis of Greg I don't agree with, just like his speed.

As for the 40 time, a mid 4.4 time is not too exceptional for a NFL receiver, good but not uncommon. Which is why he isn't a "speedster".

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Well of course he is better at short routes, as with all of Green bay's receivers.

But come on not a true deep threat? Remember him agianst Denver, Oakland, Kansas city, bears, or the Rams? All deep balls. He's part of the reason GB leads in catches of over 40 yards... Kinda hard to do that without you're number two being a deep threat. That's just more analysis of Greg I don't agree with, just like his speed.

As for the 40 time, a mid 4.4 time is not too exceptional for a NFL receiver, good but not uncommon. Which is why he isn't a "speedster".
                  You're arguing against yourself here.

Anyway, I consider someone a true deep threat if that's all they can do (Tedd Ginn) or at least what they're best at (Randy Moss). Greg Jennings is best at short routes therefore not a "true" deep threat. He can go deep and do it well, but it's not his main attribute.

Exactly, 4.4 is good for a WR not great. That's what I've been saying. He isn't a speedster, I never said he was. His speed is fine and there wasn't ever a question of whether he was fast enough for the NFL. If he was just a speedster or deep threat than it might be, but he's more than that.

Comment

does anyone have any early weather reports?
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                      does anyone have any early weather reports?
                      It was very warm today, 50 by me, but it's supposed to go back down a bit. Right now they're saying mid 20s for Saturday afternoon. It doesn't look like there will be any snow between now and then either.

Comment

ahh im not even going to get myself started ill let Saturday do the talking.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                          ahh im not even going to get myself started ill let Saturday do the talking.
                          ok? i thought we were intelligently discussing the game. and usually game-day doesnt lie. So at that point you'll either be right or wrong, but until then why not talk about the possibilities and such?
                          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

well early score predictions anyone?(including packers fan :p)
                            i say 31-28 Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                              well early score predictions anyone?(including packers fan :p)
                              i say 31-28 Seattle.
                              I'm thinking 31-24 for the Packers. Could really go either way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                                I'm thinking 31-24 for the Packers. Could really go either way though.
                                yeah, this wont be a blowout and could go either way like you said. Close game, and good game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information