My Money Is On Crabtree at #4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Well, that might make more sense if both of those WR's didn't have 100 receptions and huge seasons before Fitzgerald or Royal ever showed up.
    You're right about that. Both Marshall and Boldin had 1 great season prior to Royal/ Fitz arrival. I shouldn't have implied that a possession receiver needs a deep threat to be effective because that's not the case. BTW Marshall is a much better target down the field than Boldin/ Hous/ Crabs. His 6'4 230 pound frame makes up for his lack of top end speed.

That being said that doesn't change the fact that Crabs and Hous have the same limitations/ skill set and won't be a good pair. You're about to invest 90 mil on 2 guys who play the same role in an offense. Nobody's going to fear either one of those guys stretching the field.
    Last edited by espnhatesthe49ers; 04-25-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by espnhatesthe49ers View Post
      You're right about that. Both Marshall and Boldin had 1 great season prior to Royal/ Fitz arrival. I shouldn't have implied that a possession receiver needs a deep threat to be effective because that's not the case. BTW Marshall is a much better target down the field than Boldin/ Hous/ Crabs. His 6'4 230 pound frame makes up for his lack of top end speed.

That being said that doesn't change the fact that Crabs and Hous have the same limitations/ skill set and won't be a good pair. You're about to invest 90 mil on 2 guys who play the same role in an offense. Nobody's going to fear either one of those guys stretching the field.
      Well I guess it comes down who you think will be the better player out of Monroe, Curry, and Crabtree, Crabtree may not be the position you "need" but if they think he'll be dominant I can see it, I mean you guys do run a WCO and Crabtree should be a monster in that system.

I'm not sure what you guys do, I think Sanchez is still in the mix too, my original point was that I thought the OP was onto something when you don't pay much attention to a logical choice in Crabtree, unless they didn't want to tip their hand.

I still have no idea where Crabtree will go, but I don't think signing TJ at his age should stop you from getting a stud at the WR position.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information