2010 Draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
    It's been a while since we've talked about the Seahawks draft hopes, with Denver looking like the magic may be running out, it is entirely possible to get perhaps a mid round pick there, likely in the 10-20 range, which isn't that bad, it's still an impact player.

I may just be someone who thinks too highly of Locker, but I want your guys opinion, am I the only one who thinks at the end of all of this he's likely going to be the top pick in this draft (barring someone like Detroit or Tampa getting the top pick)? He is way too big of a freakish athlete not to have his stock soar once he hits the combine. I am beginning to question if it's not going to take something like packaging our first rounders to move up to get him, and if he's going to go as high as I think he is, the chances are that Ruskell won't pull the trigger because it's too big of a financial sacrifice to go after a top 5 pick.

On another note completely un-Locker-related, am I the only person who thinks there is no chance in hell that Ruskell drafts Spiller in the first round?
    I don't think there is any chance we get Locker with our first rounder unless we ended up losing every game left on our schedule, and even then we might miss him. The Browns, the Bills, and the Rams all need a QB and if we pick after all of them do there's no chance Locker or Clausen will be there. If we want either one of them we're going to have to trade up and that's perfectly fine with me. Whatever the price is, getting ourselves the QB of the future is worth it.

I highly doubt Ruskell has the balls to do this. Trading up into the top 5 along with taking a junior quarterback who doesn't have the prettiest numbers, regardless of why, is not something I could ever envision him doing. I think he would be more likely to take Clausen if forced to choose between the two just because he has better numbers. If we want Locker or Clausen we're going to need a new GM, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
      I don't think there is any chance we get Locker with our first rounder unless we ended up losing every game left on our schedule, and even then we might miss him. The Browns, the Bills, and the Rams all need a QB and if we pick after all of them do there's no chance Locker or Clausen will be there. If we want either one of them we're going to have to trade up and that's perfectly fine with me. Whatever the price is, getting ourselves the QB of the future is worth it.

I highly doubt Ruskell has the balls to do this. Trading up into the top 5 along with taking a junior quarterback who doesn't have the prettiest numbers, regardless of why, is not something I could ever envision him doing. I think he would be more likely to take Clausen if forced to choose between the two just because he has better numbers. If we want Locker or Clausen we're going to need a new GM, period.
      You might be right but Holmgren might take over in Cleveland and he has stated his reluctance at taking a jr QB and i think the Rams will take Clausen. I think they would probably be able to throw in their highest 1st and another pick to get up into that top 5 but you're probably right about the brass not having the balls to pull it off. Paul Allen might.

Comment

I'm still thinking we get Locker at the pick we do have, and by thinking I mean closing my eyes to the world and praying.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

I know Jake is not a finished product right now, and it will likely be a couple of years before he could actually make an impact, but our only chance to get him will be this year, likely moving up into the top 5. If he comes back for his senior season, he will be the number one pick, and unless ruskell sticks around for another year and yet again fails to fix any of the problems on this team, we have no shot at taking Locker who will definately be the favorite to go #1 in the draft in 2011.
          Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Now that Locker is going back to school, thereby ending any hopes of drafting him...I think it's time to move on and look at who the Seahawks should be targeting now.

Obviously OT, RB, & pretty much every position on defense except for LB are what I'm thinking should be the priorities right now. I'm still not sure who the #2 OT in this class is, and it seems likely that Okung is going to be gone before we pick, so unless Gerald McCoy falls, we're left with the choices of what's looking like #2 OT, Spiller, Bradford as our choices.

I'm not sure how I feel about any of them, my extreme dislike of the Spiller pick early this season has transformed. My biggest problem with drafting him (now) is that I don't think Knapp is creative enough to use him correctly, which would just end up being a waste of the kids phenomenal speed & abilities in open space.

For our 2nd pick I'm either hoping that we fill one of the holes that we didn't fill with our first one, is not Tim Tebow, or is a pass rusher that wasn't worth it earlier but is now in a perfect spot. Either that or a DT to pair with Mebane who is actually capable of doing more than just standing at the line of scrimmage once the ball is snapped.
            Video games keep me sane

Comment

Would you guys agree with me when i say that our first 2 picks should't be lb and wr, because every other position can be upgraded

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Just draft more 4-3 OLBs. We need as many good ones as we can get. Nevermind that the secondary can't cover, and the down lineman can't stop the run or pressure the quarterback.

Just keep improving the linebackers, it's working wonders.

Without Locker, we are looking at this:

-Berry, Thomas, or Mays.
                -Bradford or Clausen (who knows where they'll fall).
                -Okung or yet-to-be-named 2nd best OT (Jason Smith wasn't the second overall pick at this time last year).
                -C.J. Spiller

I think we'll end up with Spiller and a tackle and then take a safety in the early second.

I'm not a fan of any QBs in this draft after Bradford. Maybe Canfield in the fourth or something but the decision to pass on Mark Sanchez looks worse and worse by the day.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
                  Would you guys agree with me when i say that our first 2 picks should't be lb and wr, because every other position can be upgraded
                  I think team needs are OL, S, Rb so i would say no to the first 2 picks being LB and WR. I think if you were drafting at the top and that was how the board played out (as it did with Curry last year) maybe but it isnt going to be that way.

Comment

I would love to have a new gm asap, but i could realistically see us grabbing eric berry at number 6

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
                      I would love to have a new gm asap, but i could realistically see us grabbing eric berry at number 6
                      If he falls.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                        If he falls.
                        I honestly think it can happen

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                          If he falls.
                          There's a very real chance that it could happen. Especially if the draft ends up with the Rams taking Clausen & the Redskins taking Bradford. But at this point, it's all just speculation and as we get closer to the draft the picture will get clearer. But at the moment it is definitely a very real possibility
                          Video games keep me sane

Comment

Here's how I hope it turns out mock wise:

1a: Eric Berry

1b: Mike Iupati

2: Ryan Matthews

4: Freddie Barnes

Just doing the top 4 players I want really lol.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                            too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
                              Here's how I hope it turns out mock wise:

1a: Eric Berry

1b: Mike Iupati

2: Ryan Matthews

4: Freddie Barnes

Just doing the top 4 players I want really lol.
                              You want to take a G with a late 1st-early 2nd grade at #14. Now if Iupati is there in the second, yeah I'm with you on taking him, but I would be extremely upset if they took him at 14 UNLESS he turns out to be Steve Hutchison good.
                              Video games keep me sane

Comment

Ryan Matthews in round 2? I don't see the hype. I'd much rather have Best/Spiller at 14 and go OL in round two, but still there are better running backs than Ryan Matthews to spend a 2nd rounder on.

but I do love Freddie Barnes!
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information