No announcement yet.

2010 Draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly i think with all our picks we go bpa, if that means not getting the top ot im fine with that. this team is in a rebuilding mode and we need all the talent we can get.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
      Honestly i think with all our picks we go bpa, if that means not getting the top ot im fine with that. this team is in a rebuilding mode and we need all the talent we can get.
      I think you're probably right although i would target a handful of positions and then take BPA. For me i would wait a year on the QB (you know who) plus i dont think they would draft TE,G or C and probably wouldnt take a LB either.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        I think you're probably right although i would target a handful of positions and then take BPA. For me i would wait a year on the QB (you know who) plus i dont think they would draft TE,G or C and probably wouldnt take a LB either.
        If Iupati is there in the second it could be hard to pass on him though, and personally I think they do need some help on the interior of the line. You had Mike Gibson starting there at the end! But yeah, no TE or C. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a flier on one of those QB's in the middle rounds, because at the end of the day, they don't stop you from taking Locker, and who knows, they might just pan out.
        Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Paraphrasing so I don't get in trouble here...

In Kiper's latest mailbag, when asked about Taylor Mays he said that he had conversations with some people who have a very solid idea of who Mays is as a player and after those conversations he said it wouldn't shock him to see Mays name called in round 2.

I'm just trying to connect the dots here, but who would have the kind of weight to make Kiper say he very well might be a second round pick? If I was guessing, I would say people involved with the USC program which makes me feel that it's not likely we take him at 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            Paraphrasing so I don't get in trouble here...

In Kiper's latest mailbag, when asked about Taylor Mays he said that he had conversations with some people who have a very solid idea of who Mays is as a player and after those conversations he said it wouldn't shock him to see Mays name called in round 2.

I'm just trying to connect the dots here, but who would have the kind of weight to make Kiper say he very well might be a second round pick? If I was guessing, I would say people involved with the USC program which makes me feel that it's not likely we take him at 14.
            I think Mel's sources would be NFL GMs or scouts not college types.

As for Mays he goes in the first round soley on being a freak athlete and starting 4 years at SC. Let's see how he looks at the combine before we (or you) give up on him completely. By the way if you can guarantee he'll be there at #38 i'm all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              I think Mel's sources would be NFL GMs or scouts not college types.

As for Mays he goes in the first round soley on being a freak athlete and starting 4 years at SC. Let's see how he looks at the combine before we (or you) give up on him completely. By the way if you can guarantee he'll be there at #38 i'm all in.
              One thing to remember that Mays is likely going to blow up the combine. However if he doesn't run a 4.4 he very easily could fall. I think as a player he is a second rounder, but as a athlete I doubt that there is anybody who can match his size speed combo, making him a first rounder. So outside of Clausen and Bradford, I don't think anyone needs a strong showing at the combine than Mays
              Video games keep me sane

Comment

I just finished up a 24 round NFL mock draft. We should have had more rounds but we couldn't change it in the middle of the draft so it is what it is.

1.13 QB Ben Roethlisberger
                2.20 NT Vince Wilfork
                3.13 UT Jay Ratliff
                4.20 CB Sheldon Brown
                5.27 RT Jon Stinchcomb
                6.20 LG Carl Nicks
                7.13 FS Antoine Bethea
                8.20 DE Antwan Odom
                9.13 LT Donald Penn
                10.7 CB Kelvin Hayden
                10.20 RG Branden Albert
                11.13 OLB Will Witherspoon
                12.20 DE Mathais Kiwanuka
                13.13 TE John Carlson
                14.20 WR Devin Aromashodu
                15.13 C Jonathan Goodwin
                17.13 RB Tashard Choice
                18.20 WR Chris Chambers
                19.13 OLB Zac Diles
                20.20 SS Deon Grant
                21.13 MLB Dannell Ellerbe
                22.20 K Olindo Mare
                23.13 P/KOS Pat McAfee
                24.20 (Traded for RB Justin Forsett)

QB- Ben Roethlisberger
                RB- Tashard Choice, Justin Forsett
                WR- Devin Aromashodu, Chris Chambers
                TE- John Carlson
                OT- LT Donald Penn RT Jon Stinchcomb
                G- LG Carl Nicks, RG Branden Albert
                C- Jonathan Goodwin

DE- Antwan Odom, Mathais Kiwanuka
                DT- NT Vince Wilfork, UT Jay Ratliff
                OLB- Will Witherspoon, Zac Diles
                MLB- Dannell Ellerbe
                CB- Sheldon Brown, Kelvin Hayden
                FS- Antoine Bethea
                SS- Deon Grant

K- Olindo Mare
                P- Pat McAfee
                KOS- Pat McAfee
                PR/KR Justin Forsett

Comment

No comments on my squad? :(

Comment

Brandon Marshall is in Seattle today. Do you want him and at what price? If this goes down our entire draft is going to be impacted.

Personally, I don't want the Hawks to sign him straight up. It would be the stupidest possible thing to do. Forfeiting either one of our first round picks just does not seem smart for a WR with character issues. The other thing is if they do sign/trade for Marshall, I find it hard to believe that they'll take Spiller in the first. Whatever first rounder they still have is going to have to be spent on an OT at that point.
                    Video games keep me sane

Comment

Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                      Brandon Marshall is in Seattle today. Do you want him and at what price? If this goes down our entire draft is going to be impacted.

Personally, I don't want the Hawks to sign him straight up. It would be the stupidest possible thing to do. Forfeiting either one of our first round picks just does not seem smart for a WR with character issues. The other thing is if they do sign/trade for Marshall, I find it hard to believe that they'll take Spiller in the first. Whatever first rounder they still have is going to have to be spent on an OT at that point.
                      I would love to get Marshall for pick 14. He's one of the elite WRs in the NFL and even if he isn't the most intelligent person he gets it done on the field. The Ravens only put a 1st round tender on Jared Gaither and I would love to get him for the #14 as well. He's better than any of the LTs in this draft class.

Comment

Only issue here is you wouldn't be able to sign either player without losing your #6 not the 14th. You lose your pick and the 14th pick is Denver's pick originally.

How serious do you think you guys are about taking Gaither though?

Comment

In my mock right now, I have the Seahawks taking Eric Berry over Trent Williams at #6 with Okung and Bulaga off the board. For pick #14, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are both off the board. Who would you direction would the Seahawks go in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            In my mock right now, I have the Seahawks taking Eric Berry over Trent Williams at #6 with Okung and Bulaga off the board. For pick #14, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are both off the board. Who would you direction would the Seahawks go in that situation?

Charles Brown, Joe Haden, Derrick Morgan would be my top 3 if available.
                            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              I would guess Spiller, Bryant, or Morgan in that order.

Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                                Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.
                                I am well aware of this. This is why I am hesitant to give the Seahawks a LT at #6.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information