X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkEye30
    started a topic 2010 Draft thread

2010 Draft thread

Alright guys we made it through another year but now it's time to look forward to the 2010 draft which has the chance to be great. Needs as of know are: safety, lt(replacement for jones), dt, de, cb, wr, and possibly a qb. Now I'm not saying that there are glaring holes at these positions but we can improve in these areas. We have two 1st round picks(Denvers) and if we keep both picks we can get some really good players. I have to go with safety and Eric Berry(if he comes out) and either a Tackle or wr(dez bryant, aerelious benn) with the other pick. There are also alot of very good D-Linemen in this draft especially at tackle. So lets get it started:
    Last edited by HawkEye30; 04-26-2009, 09:14 PM.

• Cicero
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    how much does julius jones have left? can he hit a hole with speed?
    Julius Jones hitting a hole? Lol good one. He has the vision of a tree stump.
    Last edited by Cicero; 10-22-2010, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    how much does julius jones have left? can he hit a hole with speed?

Leave a comment:

• contento
    replied
    I admit I was HIGHLY suspect of Pete when he got hired, and got even more unsure after that horrendous Whitehurst trade, but he absolutely killed it on draft day.

What he should focus all his energy on now is finding/developing/trading for a 4-3 rush DE. They're as hard(or harder) to find than Franchise QB's and this team will never make another SB without one.

He can go the Eagles route and blitz the LB's more, which would probably be good in Curry's case, but he still needs a dominant pass rusher with a hand on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    definitely. I was shocked to see Okung really there as a lot of people had him as their number one Tackle. he fits our scheme well and I was so sad when Best and Spiller were picked because those were the two guys I wanted most this year.

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    I was predicting Mays all along so i guess that shows how much i know. Thomas was a nice pick but i dont see him as a run stopper more an extra corner out there. Will be interested in seeing who they target in the 2nd, should be a fair amount of big backs available.

Leave a comment:

• summond822
    replied
    I was actually pretty surprised. At 14 I was dreading getting Taylor Mays, then they drafted Thomas and I was ecstatic. Only later did I realize that we'd passed on Bryant, but Thomas is going to do great things on our defense.

And Okung made me very very happy :D

Leave a comment:

• Cicero
    replied
    With the way things went I couldn't have asked for a better first round. Awesome job Pete.

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    gonna stick this thread. Go Hawks!

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    In my mock right now, I have the Seahawks taking Eric Berry over Trent Williams at #6 with Okung and Bulaga off the board. For pick #14, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are both off the board. Who would you direction would the Seahawks go in that situation?
    I'd personally rather Williams over Berry otherwise they are going to be left holding the bag for a Tackle. At #14 i'll take Taylor Mays and then Gerhart at #60. I've been consistant with those picks (actually would rather Booyalaga) so no need to panic now.

Leave a comment:

• TACKLE
    replied
    Originally posted by gpngc View Post
    Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.
    I am well aware of this. This is why I am hesitant to give the Seahawks a LT at #6.

Leave a comment:

• gpngc
    replied
    In my mock right now, I have the Seahawks taking Eric Berry over Trent Williams at #6 with Okung and Bulaga off the board. For pick #14, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are both off the board. Who would you direction would the Seahawks go in that situation?
    I would guess Spiller, Bryant, or Morgan in that order.

Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.

Leave a comment:

• XxXdragonXxX
    replied

Charles Brown, Joe Haden, Derrick Morgan would be my top 3 if available.

Leave a comment:

• TACKLE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChefMike
    replied
    Only issue here is you wouldn't be able to sign either player without losing your #6 not the 14th. You lose your pick and the 14th pick is Denver's pick originally.

How serious do you think you guys are about taking Gaither though?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information