• Show
Clear All

• Also, recruits that were in attendance who I noticed/can remember:

Lakes-
    QB/DB Cedric Dozier
    OT Zach Banner

Bellevue-
    RB/DB Dakota Jones
    RB/DB Joey Moore (my memory is a little fuzzy on numbers and I can't find a picture)

Issaquah-
    Nik Landdeck

and then Taniela Tupou who committed.
    Last edited by Cicero; 04-09-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Clausen, who left Notre Dame after his junior season and was unable to work out until now due to his toe injury, went directly from his pro day workout into a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks, who were represented Friday by offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch. Clausen was scheduled to fly to Buffalo for a visit with the Bills after Friday’s workout.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/09/notr...of-toe-injury/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
        Clausen, who left Notre Dame after his junior season and was unable to work out until now due to his toe injury, went directly from his pro day workout into a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks, who were represented Friday by offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch. Clausen was scheduled to fly to Buffalo for a visit with the Bills after Friday’s workout.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/09/notr...of-toe-injury/
        Yeah, I have significant doubts that they'll take him at 6 unless he showed them something that they loved in that private workout, but I still think that he is a very real possibility at 14, and if he falls to 14 then I have a hard time seeing us pass on him.

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        Random thought: Why not just offer T.J. Housmandzadeh and a 5th for Brandon Marshall? Have Paul Allen eat the bonuses and there is no cap....
        I like this idea
        Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• A buddy of mine is a huge Seahawks fan and he's been telling me for last couple years that they need a DT. I like Mebane but they need someone next to him. What would you think about Dan Williams at #14? Did Colin Cole or Red Bryant show enough to prevent them from adding a difference make in the middle?

Comment

• Cole wasn't really all that bad last season. And they have some young guys.

They really need help in so many other areas, so I think they may address DT at some point, but most likely not in round one.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Another random thought about Marshall (I think they really want to add him because of the visit - they also need a WR badly)...

Maybe they are waiting to see if a certain coveted player will fall to pick #14 or not (C.J. Spiller maybe).

If the target isn't there, they'll look into dealing that pick to Denver for Marshall. Maybe the deal would involve Denver giving up Marshall and a 3rd for #14.

If Spiller goes 13th, I'd be OK with ^.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                Another random thought about Marshall (I think they really want to add him because of the visit - they also need a WR badly)...

Maybe they are waiting to see if a certain coveted player will fall to pick #14 or not (C.J. Spiller maybe).

If the target isn't there, they'll look into dealing that pick to Denver for Marshall. Maybe the deal would involve Denver giving up Marshall and a 3rd for #14.

If Spiller goes 13th, I'd be OK with ^.
                Well I don't see Spiller coming to Seattle. Everyone is mocking him there, and yes he is a difference maker that will tempt the hawks and would make an immediate impact, but I just can't see it happening. Dez Bryant maybe, since he fills a position of need, but not Spiller when they already have two guys who aren't great between the tackles. The only way I see them taking Spiller is if they are planning on drafting a bigger RB to help him carry the load and releasing Jones, but that involves drafting two RBs when we have so many other positions of need...
                Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Way to be an upstanding citizen Leroy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ahawks_24.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                    Way to be an upstanding citizen Leroy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ahawks_24.html
                    saw this. What a prick
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Ya, I think it's pretty safe to say that he's getting suspended for 4 games at least from just the marijuana part...no idea how much more this is gonna add on.

Probably getting traded too.
                      Last edited by summond822; 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM.
                      Video games keep me sane

Comment

• On a different note, am I the only one who really doesn't want Derrick Morgan at 14? I watched some tape of him and I just don't see an explosive playmaker. I see a solid DE, but to be honest, he reminds me of Chris Long. High floor, low ceiling. He's never going to be a 10 sack guy.

I personally think we already have a guy like him in Lawrence Jackson, so why would we need two?

Just some thoughts about the mocks I keep seeing. Knock me off my train of thought as you see fit.
                        Video games keep me sane

Comment

• I'm not really a fan of Morgan but picking him wouldn't really upset me.

This Marshall trade makes me wonder.. If we do end up trading pick 14 for him who do you want at 6? The more I watch Spillers game tape.. The more I want him in a Seahawks jersey. If Berry's gone at 6 and we trade for Marshall I'd be happy using pick 6 on Spiller.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                          too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

• I would be thrilled using the 6th pick on Spiller regardless of anything. Those types of players not only bring excitement but score points. And scoring points is the name of the game.

I like Derrick Morgan. 18.5 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks last season. Plus he can play the run.

He may not be a perennial Pro Bowler but I think he'd be a solid starting end for the Seahawks and a good pick at #14.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• But guys... I would be pretty surprised if they didn't select an OT at #6.

All signs point to them taking Bulaga or T. Williams at that slot.

After that, the 14th pick could be used on just about anything... should be interesting.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I'd be excited to bring in Spiller, I just can't see it happening. I mean I think that he would be a bigger game changer than Marshall, plus we wouldn't have to deal with the extra baggage that Marshall would bring. My main issue is that Carroll has repeatedly said that he wants to bring a bigger back who can run it between the tackles. I just don't see us spending two picks on RB in this draft. Maybe they sign a veteran RB like Thomas or Fargas. They both seem like ZBS runners, the only problem is their health.

And as for Morgan's stats, Jackson his senior year posted 60 tackles, 17 TFL & 10.5 sacks in 13 games. Thats 5 more tackles, 1.5 less TFL, & 2 less sacks in 1 less game. So I think they are really way too similar to spend a draft pick on Morgan.

Not to mention that Morgan was completely neutralized against Iowa in the bowl game. They moved him all over trying to get him into 1-on-1 match ups and he didn't win those match ups. Not all of them were against Bulaga either.
                                Last edited by summond822; 04-12-2010, 11:46 PM.
                                Video games keep me sane

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information