Seahawks 2009-2010 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Kerney is retiring...now our depth at DE consists of Jackson and about 3 guys who are backups...
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• Not much to update from spring practice today, other than Montana continues to look more impressive than Price.

Comment

• Well they missed out on Marshall.

If they don't somehow get Spiller I'm going to be very mad.

How many game-changing offensive playmakers can they miss out on?
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Charlie Whitehurst is why we didn't get Marshall. That's really what it boils down to. Charlie Whitehurst.

I don't like Spiller at 6, but I wouldn't mind him at 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            Charlie Whitehurst is why we didn't get Marshall. That's really what it boils down to. Charlie Whitehurst.

I don't like Spiller at 6, but I wouldn't mind him at 14.
            Ironic isn't it...they trade for Whitehurst cause they don't think they can get Clausen at 6, now they could have Clausen, but they won't take him cause of Whitehurst, and Whitehurst prevents them from getting Marshall...the Whitehurst trade keeps coming back to haunt them.

Bright side is that Bryant or Spiller will likely be there at 14 now, if not both. So there should be no excuse for not taking one of them.
            Video games keep me sane

Comment

• ^Reports have indicated that they took Bryant off their draft board.

LOL if they pass on Bryant at #14 for a DE I'd be pretty angry.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                ^Reports have indicated that they took Bryant off their draft board.

LOL if they pass on Bryant at #14 for a DE I'd be pretty angry.
                Especially if that DE is Derrick Morgan...JPP I am not in love with, but I think that once he learns some pass rush moves he'll become a good player in the league.

BTW, do you have a link to that? I remember reading something about a team taking Bryant off the draft board, but I thought it was Miami.
                Last edited by summond822; 04-14-2010, 08:52 PM.
                Video games keep me sane

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-draft-boards/

One such team, we're told, is the Seahawks. The Browns and the Jaguars reportedly have removed him from their boards, too.

Per the source, the concern is that, once he gets paid, it's unknown whether he'll show up for work on a consistent basis. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported several weeks ago that Bryant was late for multiple practices, and even games.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• The first round must have spiller going to us or I'm going to be a sad panda. I mean he's used to running behind a zbs and he'll instantly be the best return man on the roster.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

• Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                      Ironic isn't it...they trade for Whitehurst cause they don't think they can get Clausen at 6, now they could have Clausen, but they won't take him cause of Whitehurst, and Whitehurst prevents them from getting Marshall...the Whitehurst trade keeps coming back to haunt them.

Bright side is that Bryant or Spiller will likely be there at 14 now, if not both. So there should be no excuse for not taking one of them.
                      I dont think they were ever interested in Clausen. As for Bryant and Spiller personally i'd rather Bryant and a big back in round 2 as opposed to Spiller and about the 5th or 6th best receiver in round 2.

Comment

• Spiller is way more versatile than Bryant. Also there are no questions about him being on time to practices. WR's have the second highest bust rate in the NFL, we can't afford to spend a pick on Bryant then have him turn into a bust three years down the road. I'd rather take the safer pick in Spiller, get an explosive playmaker, then take our chances with WR later.

We have two former #1 picks at WR in the minicamp right now, just saying.

And they were interested in Clausen, and they still are. They put him through a 3 hour workout right after his pro day. Seems to me like that shows serious interest. I'm pretty sure they won't take him at 6, but he starts to slide, expect them to take him at 14.
                        Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Neither Bryant or Spiller will be Seahawks.
                          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Reggie Williams and Mike Williams are both now Hawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                              Reggie Williams and Mike Williams are both now Hawks.
                              Something tells me one of those two will actually be productive here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                Something tells me one of those two will actually be productive here.
                                I'm guessing you're leaning towards the former husky? ;)

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                                too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information