Seahawks 2009-2010 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
    I'm guessing you're leaning towards the former husky? ;)
    As long as one of em turn out, I'd be happy. I mean we really don't lose anything by signing them. They are huge targets, and they should add legitimate options to our red zone offense. Heck, if even one of them turns into half of what they were supposed to be we got steals here.
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
      I'm guessing you're leaning towards the former husky? ;)
      I havent seen much of either lately but my guess is Pete will lean towards Mike Williams.

Comment

• They are both going to live up to being top-10 draft picks. Watch.

Seriously, bite your tongue Dragon.

With the 49ers adding Ginn, Spiller becomes a realistic possibility at #14. I will be extremely angry if they don't get him.

Peter King wrote today that the Seahawks are indeed very interested in Spiller.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• 1- They do like Spiller.
          2- They don't want to lose picks so probably won't trade up using the #60 pick.

GM Gene Smith is a lover of draft picks, the more the merrier (who isn't, really?), and he was to dump out of the No. 10 selection. I thought for a while this week that he might have a great match down a few spots that could net him a second-round pick. I thought he could deal with Seattle at No. 14, moving down four spots and picking up the 60th overall pick, the choice Seattle acquired from San Diego in the Charlie Whitehurst deal. No dice, though -- even though it makes a lot of sense for the Seahawks to come up for running back C.J. Spiller, one of the objects of their affection.

Seattle has a new regime with a draft-pick-coveting GM, John Schneider, and I believe the 'Hawks feel they have too many holes to give up the chance to draft a legitimate starter for them at number 60.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I'm sure they do like Spiller. However they won't spend the 14th pick on a RB. Word is they're looking to trade down from the 14th pick, possibly for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st+3rd next year. Mathews and Best would be targets in the 2nd round.
            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
              I'm sure they do like Spiller. However they won't spend the 14th pick on a RB. Word is they're looking to trade down from the 14th pick, possibly for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st+3rd next year. Mathews and Best would be targets in the 2nd round.
              I think Mathews will be gone by the Detroit pick in round 2. If they are smart (and i'm holding judgement on that) they'll take Gerhart at #60. Best bargain in the draft at that point. They got good production out of Forsett last year, we dont need another small back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                I think Mathews will be gone by the Detroit pick in round 2. If they are smart (and i'm holding judgement on that) they'll take Gerhart at #60. Best bargain in the draft at that point. They got good production out of Forsett last year, we dont need another small back.
                I agree that Matthews isn't making it to the 2nd round, however I still want Spiller. If they do pass on Spiller, then yes, taking Gerhart at 60 makes a ton of sense, if he's there. I personally think he's coming off the board pretty early in round 2.
                Video games keep me sane

Comment

• I'm holding out hope for Jahvid Best in round 2. IMO, aside for injury concerns he is the best RB in the draft.

Comment

• We are talking about the position where the average career only lasts 3 years. I wouldn't hold out too much hope that Best will be able to stay healthy. And you do have to factor that into the decision.
                    Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                      I'm holding out hope for Jahvid Best in round 2. IMO, aside for injury concerns he is the best RB in the draft.
                      If by best you mean the only back with the last name Best.

Spiller is a ridiculous player - no back is close to him in this class or last class.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I think Best is a better RB, while Spiller is a better return man and receiver. Best seems to run with a little more power, while Spiller is more elusive and has better top speed.

The injuries are a concern, but if we can get him in the 2nd round I would take that chance. There's no guarantee Spiller will stay healthy either and we'd have to spend a 1st on him, when we have more pressing needs than RB.

Comment

• So who you guys like more Bulaga or Williams?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• ^Don't care. I don't really like either in comparison to Okung to be honest but I've never played OL and trust the opinions of NFL people over my casual scouting when it comes to OL.

I'm more worried about #14 and somehow getting my favorite prospect of all-time in C.J. Spiller.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I'm so confused as to who I want at 6 and 14 that I'm not even going to speculate as to who I want. I'll leave this up to Carroll, Schnieder and co. and hope that they don't screw up.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post

I'm more worried about #14 and somehow getting my favorite prospect of all-time in C.J. Spiller.
                                me too. Sodo Mojo magic needs to take a detour to New York on thursday. I won't miss it as long as we get Spiller.
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information