No announcement yet.

Seahawks 2009-2010 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our RB situation looks a lot like the Jets last year.

Justin Forsett is our Thomas Jones, all around back, will start and break down the defense, get them tired. Can run between the tackles, outside the tackles, catch a pass, block, etc. Then, LenDale White is our Shonn Green. Short yardage thumper, goal line/red zone back, good blocking. Then finally, Leon Washington is our.. Leon Washington! Comes in when Forsett tires out the Defense and breaks out long runs outside and really helps our return game. Our running game goes from one of the worst in the league to the upper half of the league, imo.

Our passing game stays about average, Golden Tate I can see replicating Burlesons stats last year. Our offensive line is way improved, will help our battling QBs get it to our recievers and also help improve our run game. Basically, our offense went from a weak spot to a major strength.

Our defense im still worried about, we upgraded our secondary with Thomas and provided good depth with Chancellor. We also upgraded corner with Thurmond, who would be a 2nd round player without the injuries. If he gets over his injuries, he will be a starter next to Trufant, moving Wilson to the nickel. If not, he will be great depth. I still don't know what they're doing with there front 7, is Curry playing standup end? Are EJ Wilson and L-Jax going to be the base DEs on the other side? I don't know enough of the situation to make a comment, but our defense isn't as improved as our offense is.

Comment

• Well we knew that they wouldn't be able to fix everything in one year, so I'd put our top priorities next year as QB & DE. More than anything we need a consistent pass rush, and I think that EJ Wilson is really just a depth player. We need a true pass rusher and I don't think that we're going to get one in this draft.
      Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• Babylon is sad now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeTeel View Post
          Our RB situation looks a lot like the Jets last year.

Justin Forsett is our Thomas Jones, all around back, will start and break down the defense, get them tired. Can run between the tackles, outside the tackles, catch a pass, block, etc. Then, LenDale White is our Shonn Green. Short yardage thumper, goal line/red zone back, good blocking. Then finally, Leon Washington is our.. Leon Washington! Comes in when Forsett tires out the Defense and breaks out long runs outside and really helps our return game. Our running game goes from one of the worst in the league to the upper half of the league, imo.
          That's a giant, hilarious stretch. But best of luck. You guys have been making a lot of moves that look good on paper.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Loved this draft. Nothing else to even say.

Stole Tate, Leon, and Okung.

I really hope Thomas' game translates...

What's the book on Konz? Why was he so hyped up again?
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Freakish athlete, and that's about it. He's a pure triangle-numbers guy:

6'3" 235lbs, 4.45. Benched 27 times at his pro day, and had a 46 inch vertical. I read an article that said the guys running the drills had to reset the vertical jump setup because he reached over the entire thing on his first jump. He played linebacker his first couple of years, so he's a tough guy. Sounds like he's smart and a hard worker, too. I like the pick; he could do a lot of things on offense, and probably be a terrific special teams gunner at the very least.

Comment

• I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

However the most important thing that came out of this draft in my opinion was seeing Carroll not reaching for his old USC players. This restored a lot of faith in the direction this team is heading to me.
                Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                  I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

However the most important thing that came out of this draft in my opinion was seeing Carroll not reaching for his old USC players. This restored a lot of faith in the direction this team is heading to me.
                  Two TE sets with McCoy and Carlson are gonna be pretty sick if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                    I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

McCoy was a good value. I actually wish Carroll would have traded up for another of his USC players and gotten Everson Griffen at the top of the 4th- that was a need, and great value at that point. That's really the only thing that I didn't care for in this draft, and mainly only because we were so close to having him fall to us. And I've kept thinking about Jameson Konz, and I'm guessing he's going to be used like a leaner, faster, more athletic Leonard Weaver. Provided he makes the team, etc. As they say, he's certainly "got the tools."

Comment

• I think it's possible they were targeting Greg Hardy, who came off the board right before they picked Wilson.

LoJack and co. are going to have to step up.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• About McCoy - The 6th round is not where you consider team needs at all really. They took advantage of a guy falling and got a talented football player way lower than he should have gone. Great pick. I have a feeling he could develop into an excellent dual-threat TE. He has the frame to get bigger and improve as a blocker which will help LEON WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          Babylon is sad now.
                          Clue me in please. As for the draft i think they scored bigtime, werent my picks but i'm not on the payroll. As for White i dont like fat underachievers so yeah i'm sad about that.

Comment

• The Hawks had themselves a nice lil draft, Earl Thomas is a stud at FS, I think thats where he belongs. Chanceller can help in run support. The addition of Washington and White is HUGE, because of the inability to nab a premier RB in the 1st 3rds. I'm real curious to see whats up with Konz, this kid is a freak, I want to see where Carrol uses him, I'd like to see if he can play some TE or H-Back.

Comment

• Just want to offer some perspective on Leon Washington...

I watched every game of his career as a Jet and before last year, he was their MVP. Jet fans all screamed for him to get more carries over TJ, and I saw why - he was clearly quicker and more explosive than Jones (who is a good player in his own right). Point is, this guy is a GREAT player.

He's very explosive, but he's also a tough inside runner. He's not the greatest receiver, but he can catch and he's powerful and quick once he has the ball. He's also a GREAT kickoff returner and will most likely be the main guy on opening day - I'd predict 2 KR touchdowns from him this season. Washington is NOT just a speed back.

If he returns to his former self after the big injury, the Seahawks got a HUGE steal here.

Does anyone know what his contract looks like? They had to extend him, right?
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I don't think they've extended Washington yet.

As for the McCoy pick, I understand that he was a huge value, however this was a ridiculous draft and I just didn't see them taking any TE's in it. That said, they now have the flexibility to try to outmaneuver teams by mixing and matching their TE's.
                                Video games keep me sane

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information