• Show
Clear All

Mora officially gives up on the season
    http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...r-hawks-focus/

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
      Mora officially gives up on the season
      http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...r-hawks-focus/
      Well after they lose at Dallas in two weeks they're going to be 2-5. Anyone thinking playoffs is nuts. Probably something a coach isnt going to say too often that they're out of it (or even hint that) but they're out of it. I actually would rather see them lose a bunch of games and rebuild with a great draft but i'm sure they'll play all their games to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        Well after they lose at Dallas in two weeks they're going to be 2-5. Anyone thinking playoffs is nuts. Probably something a coach isnt going to say too often that they're out of it (or even hint that) but they're out of it. I actually would rather see them lose a bunch of games and rebuild with a great draft but i'm sure they'll play all their games to win.
        I think it's a realistic assessment that we aren't making the playoffs but I just thought it was odd to hear from Mora this early in the season, especially since we still are waiting on quite a few key guys to come back from injuries. I'm used to coaches being overly optimistic.

The Chiefs should have beat the Cowboys and with the way they're playing this year you can't guarantee anything. We have a legit shot at beating them, not because we are playing really well but because they just haven't looked good this year. Romo is having a terrible season and they're really struggling with their pass rush. I'm not counting on a win but if the Chiefs can put up a fight we definitely can, especially if we have Trufant, Locklear, and Hill playing.

Comment

Seriously. Mora should never say that, but he has every right to.
          Our line is in shambles and Walter Jones is probably done. Matty has missed a lot this season and you have to wonder how much he has left in the reserves. Our RB's are bad. On the bright side Deon Butler has looked great and John Carlson has been also lookin great. On D our line sucks, best player is out for a long time (might not be season anymore I'm hearing), and our secondary is whack.
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

This is going to be a thoroughly disturbing season. It's just so frustrating to see this team show a flash of greatness against Jacksonville then turn around and look about as bad as possible against Arizona. I don't think we could've beat the Rams the way we played Sunday.

There really isn't anything that can be done about injuries except to get younger. Lets be perfectly honest with ourselves, this team is likely not even gonna reach .500 this year. Something needs to be done, mainly a large rebuilding effort. We need to find a replacement to Hasselbeck, Jones (Julius & Walter), Kerney, etc. Also, this plague of injuries on the offensive line is not going to stop until we get multiple new players in there. Once these guys start to get hurt they never stop.
            Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Jake Locker would be my guess. But it's very early. RT @blurm: @Adam_Schefter At this point, who is the first QB to get drafted?

:) followed by :(

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                Jake Locker would be my guess. But it's very early. RT @blurm: @Adam_Schefter At this point, who is the first QB to get drafted?

:) followed by :(
                They should invoke the old NBA rule where you could draft a guy who had been enrolled for 4 years and let him play his senior year (Celtics did it with Larry Bird). Jake could go to summer camp with the Seahawks then play for the Huskies in the fall.

Comment

Anyone else going to the game UW-Oregon game tomorrow?

Comment

did you end up going?
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                      did you end up going?
                      Yes, yes I did attend that massacre.

Comment

I didn't have tickets, but it was probably a good thing cause I ended up walking out of the room in the third quarter after that pick. I live pretty close to the frats, so I got to hear the Oregon fans come up the street afterwards...man that is infuriating.
                        Video games keep me sane

Comment

I watched on tv shaking my head. It was awful. At least we have a bye week this week to get back on track.

Comment

Well, we have problems. Mora has officially given up on the season (saying the entire organization is going to be be evaluated is giving up >.<), and there are so many places where they need to improve, but I'm thinking right now, Jake Locker, one of the OT's once that finally gets shaken out, or (and this may not make immediate sense) either Suh or McCoy.

Locker or an OT are obvious, our offense is old and we need the replacements sooner rather than later. But why Suh or McCoy? Our defensive line is not very good with the exception of Mebane & Kerney. Kerney is old and he's been injured the last couple of years. We need to find a true successor to him this offseason, hopefully in the draft or Jackson/Tapp decide that they want to develop into pass rushers.

Suh & McCoy don't fill an obvious need, but they do fill one. We desperately need someone who can stop the run, and pairing Suh or McCoy up alongside Mebane would lead to us having an amazing defensive front for years to come. Tapp & Jackson would automatically become better because teams would be forced to double team inside, leaving our ends with solo matchups. And if by chance our ends become dominant, then teams are going to face the quandry of who to double team on any given play.

Teams are built through the lines. You can have the greatest linebackers, safeties, & corners ever, but if your unable to consistently generate a pass rush, they are going to get beat. It happens. Look at the worst defenses in the league, look at how many sacks they get. Then if their a team like the Seahawks were last year, through out the games where they get 5 sacks and compare the numbers the rest of the games. Pass rush is key to a successful defense, and until the Seahawks get one again, this defense is going to underperform, thus me desperately wanting to get someone like Suh who is so dominating in all facets of the game.

Edit: Also, Suh is from Portland so while not quite the local boy that Taylor Mays is, he is pretty close to being one.
                            Last edited by summond822; 11-02-2009, 10:43 PM.
                            Video games keep me sane

Comment

I mean we wasted a top 4 pick on a non-impact player last year. That was just terrible. We should have Mark Sanchez right now. Instead we have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and a million good LBs with no help in front or behind them.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                                I mean we wasted a top 4 pick on a non-impact player last year. That was just terrible. We should have Mark Sanchez right now. Instead we have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and a million good LBs with no help in front or behind them.
                                I would've settled for Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe. Our offensive line is horrible, and this "don't draft positions of need because we don't want to alienate our older players" habit of Ruskell is starting to piss me off.

I love Aaron Curry, but your right, LB is not an impact position. In hindsight there is no doubt that Mark Sanchez would've been the right pick. Especially now that Hasselbeck has injured ribs and one more hit like the one from Willis could end his career.
                                Video games keep me sane

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information