Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seahawks 2009-2010 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    Our personnel does not fit well into the 3-4 at all. I really hope we don't try that.
    dont be too worried.. ours didnt fit well either.

    Originally posted by CraigNall4MVP
    biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

    Comment


    • #92
      What do we do with all our 4-3 edge rushers in the 3-4? Nobody wants to see fatass Darryl Tapp dropping back into coverage.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


      Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

      Comment


      • #93
        LOL really.

        There is no reason to move to a 3-4.

        And Kindle? Seriously? You want to invest ANOTHER draft pick on a linebacker? They need literally everything else.

        And thats besides Kindle being massively overrated and one dimensional.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

        - Ko Simpson

        Comment


        • #94
          seriously. don't we have enough linebackers with ridiculous contracts?
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


          Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

          Comment


          • #95
            QB or LT in the 1st?

            Comment


            • #96
              Hard to say, it really depends on the value. If they go QB at 6, kind of hard not to see them taking a LT with one of their next two picks. If they go LT at 6, they could really go anywhere.
              Video games keep me sane

              University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

              Comment


              • #97
                probably both. I guess those are your franchise cornerstones or something.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Well now I can't see them going both, not addressing the Defense in a draft that has so much Talent on the Defensive side of the ball and PC being a defensive minded coach...

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    and I should have clarified my statement more and said with the 6th pick go QB or LT

                    If I were selecting I would go after Eric Berry then take a LT in the middle of the round then go after the QB in the 2nd rd. But that is just me....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                      and I should have clarified my statement more and said with the 6th pick go QB or LT

                      If I were selecting I would go after Eric Berry then take a LT in the middle of the round then go after the QB in the 2nd rd. But that is just me....
                      After reading Scott's 2nd and 3rd round QB article I cringe every time someone suggests taking one of them with the expectation that they will actually be a franchise QB some day. With that kind of success rate you just have to hope to get lucky.

                      Comment


                      • If Clausen is there at #6 they have to take him. So all you Clausen-haters or Locker-way-too-early-enthusiasts better pray that Snyder/Shanny take JC at #4.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                        - Ko Simpson

                        Comment


                        • Yeah, honestly I'm starting to expect the pick to be Clausen. Pete Carroll has a love affair with guys he didn't manage to recruit and do well elsewhere. Clausen is one of those guys, so don't be surprised to see him being the pick at 6.

                          That being the case, then I expect them to go BPA at 14, be that Spiller, Mays, or someone else. Then probably taking a LT in the early second.

                          I think the biggest problem with our defense is the pass rush. Everyone else looks better if you are able to get to the QB. Course, I still want an upgrade at CB & S, as well as someone who can actually compliment Mebane instead of Cole.

                          EDIT: At the same time, the thought of drafting Clausen makes me cringe and want to cry at the thought of not even having the possibility of Locker next year...
                          Video games keep me sane

                          University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                            Yeah, honestly I'm starting to expect the pick to be Clausen. Pete Carroll has a love affair with guys he didn't manage to recruit and do well elsewhere. Clausen is one of those guys, so don't be surprised to see him being the pick at 6.

                            That being the case, then I expect them to go BPA at 14, be that Spiller, Mays, or someone else. Then probably taking a LT in the early second.

                            I think the biggest problem with our defense is the pass rush. Everyone else looks better if you are able to get to the QB. Course, I still want an upgrade at CB & S, as well as someone who can actually compliment Mebane instead of Cole.

                            EDIT: At the same time, the thought of drafting Clausen makes me cringe and want to cry at the thought of not even having the possibility of Locker next year...
                            First off there is no proof yet that Pete has a love affair with guys he recruited or even guys who played for him.

                            I've heard a lot of rumors lately and frankly i dont care for any of them. I dont think you bring in a malcontent like Marshall or an aging QB in his last contract year like McNab. Have minimal interest in Kolb but at what cost.

                            If they think they can win right away and avoid buiding through the draft the results might be marginal but they arent going to build towards a Superbowl.I'm hoping they pick a Bulaga or a Okung at #6, Mays at #14 and Gerhart in the second. Those guys fill 3 huge needs, are all high character guys and may not be sexy picks but i think the right ones.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              First off there is no proof yet that Pete has a love affair with guys he recruited or even guys who played for him.

                              Have you heard his press conferences when it comes to Clausen and Locker? Two guys that he wanted really badly and missed out on. I've never heard him say a negative word about them. He could just be putting it all behind a mask and really wants to crush them for spurning him, but from what I've seen of Carroll, I'm not sure he's that type of guy.

                              I've heard a lot of rumors lately and frankly i dont care for any of them. I dont think you bring in a malcontent like Marshall or an aging QB in his last contract year like McNab. Have minimal interest in Kolb but at what cost.
                              Marshall for at most a 2nd rounder, otherwise pass on him. McNabb is a big no, Kolb for the right price, and two 1st rounders is not the right price, so I don't see that happening.

                              If they think they can win right away and avoid buiding through the draft the results might be marginal but they arent going to build towards a Superbowl.I'm hoping they pick a Bulaga or a Okung at #6, Mays at #14 and Gerhart in the second. Those guys fill 3 huge needs, are all high character guys and may not be sexy picks but i think the right ones.
                              I'm not sure high character guys are going to be the way of the Hawks going forward. Also, Mays...to be honest I don't want Mays. I'd rather take Spiller and trade Forsett or Jones. Or if Joe Haden actually did suffer a fall because of his 40 time, Haden>Mays, and it's not even close.
                              Video games keep me sane

                              University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                                Have you heard his press conferences when it comes to Clausen and Locker? Two guys that he wanted really badly and missed out on. I've never heard him say a negative word about them. He could just be putting it all behind a mask and really wants to crush them for spurning him, but from what I've seen of Carroll, I'm not sure he's that type of guy.



                                Marshall for at most a 2nd rounder, otherwise pass on him. McNabb is a big no, Kolb for the right price, and two 1st rounders is not the right price, so I don't see that happening.



                                I'm not sure high character guys are going to be the way of the Hawks going forward. Also, Mays...to be honest I don't want Mays. I'd rather take Spiller and trade Forsett or Jones. Or if Joe Haden actually did suffer a fall because of his 40 time, Haden>Mays, and it's not even close.
                                If he drafts Clausen, Mays and Gerhart your theory will be accurate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information