Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seahawks 2009-2010 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So they are seriously willing to part with a 4th rounder for Charlie Whitehurst? Jeez.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

    - Ko Simpson

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
      So they are seriously willing to part with a 4th rounder for Charlie Whitehurst? Jeez.
      I really hope not. Can't we just sign say Garcia and not lose a draft pick?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cicero View Post
        I really hope not. Can't we just sign say Garcia and not lose a draft pick?
        How is Whitehurst better than Anderson is what I don't get or any journeyman QB for that matter...at least that way we don't lose anything. Also, isn't Anderson younger and I know he has more game experience...
        Video games keep me sane

        University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

        Comment


        • Seahawks resign Tapp, release Grant, Overton

          Seahawks sign TE Baker, WR Martin

          Safety was already a need, but does this affect how early we take one? The only noteworthy thing about Martin & Baker is that they are needed depth.
          Video games keep me sane

          University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

          Comment


          • Tapp has been traded to Philadelphia for Chris Clemons & a 4th round pick. I'm kind of upset because I really like Tapp, but I admit that I don't really know anything about Clemons though...so hopefully this all works out.

            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...efensive-ends/

            EDIT: Sounds like Clemons is a pass rush specialist who had 8 sacks one year in Oakland.
            Last edited by summond822; 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM.
            Video games keep me sane

            University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

            Comment


            • Well it looks like we're getting Whitehurst.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                Well it looks like we're getting Whitehurst.
                Count me in as less than enthused.

                Comment


                • I hate this series of moves...this is what happens when you create a bad front office. There is a reason why the mariners were able to turn it around and why I think the seahawks are going to put is through years of disappointment...
                  Video games keep me sane

                  University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                    I hate this series of moves...this is what happens when you create a bad front office. There is a reason why the mariners were able to turn it around and why I think the seahawks are going to put is through years of disappointment...
                    Eh. I'm not a huge fan of these moves either but I don't think losing an aging safety, a future third, Darryl Tapp, and moving down 20 spots in a deep 2nd round are going to make or break the franchise.

                    Passing on a franchise QB for an OLB will do that.

                    The key now is for them to draft well with what they have and pray Whitehurst can be the next Matt Schaub - obviously they feel he can be.

                    Also, looks like they are shopping Rob Sims because he doesn't fit in Alex Gibbs' system. I'll guess they add another 4th.

                    So assuming they get that done they'd have....

                    #6
                    #14
                    #60
                    4th
                    4th
                    4th
                    5th

                    That's a lot of ammo for wheeling and dealing.
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                    - Ko Simpson

                    Comment


                    • Well my main issue with all of this is losing Tapp who was our best pass rushers last year. He was one of the league leaders in QB pressures. Now if the offenses had been in a position where they needed to throw the ball, he probably would've been one of the league leaders in sacks too.

                      So in the last two days, we've lost a reliable safety, lost our best pass rusher, lost our valuable early 2nd rounder for a lot less valuable 2nd rounder, lost next years third, gained a 4th, and traded for a QB that isn't going to start this year unless Hasselbeck gets traded/injured.

                      How am I supposed to be positive about this? It looks like we're rebuilding then we trade away a key part of young defense (Tapp) and add a QB that has 3-5 years before he starts declining. I just don't get where this front office is going...
                      Video games keep me sane

                      University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

                      Comment


                      • Tapp is solid but I don't think he was an elite player by any means.

                        Here's how I'm looking at this: I think Pete Carroll has a certain plan in place. He's going to ask Aaron Curry to bulk up and play a hybrid DE type of position where he is rushing the passer more than 60% of the time. He could absolutely excel in such a role. I'm certain Carroll has some kind of plan in place; he's a defensive mastermind. Tapp's skillset and weight/height combination simply didn't fit his scheme.

                        Sure, he probably should have asked for more in return for Tapp, but at least he got a potential starter and a draft pick, no matter how low it is.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          Tapp is solid but I don't think he was an elite player by any means.

                          Here's how I'm looking at this: I think Pete Carroll has a certain plan in place. He's going to ask Aaron Curry to bulk up and play a hybrid DE type of position where he is rushing the passer more than 60% of the time. He could absolutely excel in such a role. I'm certain Carroll has some kind of plan in place; he's a defensive mastermind. Tapp's skillset and weight/height combination simply didn't fit his scheme.

                          Sure, he probably should have asked for more in return for Tapp, but at least he got a potential starter and a draft pick, no matter how low it is.
                          Jackson is only two inches taller than Tapp, they weigh the same, and Tapp is better at everything than Jackson. If Tapp doesn't fit than neither does Jackson. When you say "potential starter," if you're referring to Chris Clemons he is not NFL starting material.

                          Comment


                          • I hate trading away draft picks for mediocre players. Hopefully Gerhart is still there at #60.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
                              I hate trading away draft picks for mediocre players. Hopefully Gerhart is still there at #60.
                              I think as of now the Chargers will probably take him at #40, i wonder who used to have that pick?

                              Comment


                              • I'd rather have Ben Tate than Gerhart anyways and I think he might be there at 60.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information