X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I friend of mine said seattle was talking to Damione lewis DT

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
      I'd rather have Ben Tate than Gerhart anyways and I think he might be there at 60.
      Tate would be good, doubt Gerhart would be there at #60 so no sense debating that.

Comment

• I'm working on my mock and trying to get some insight from the fans. If they address OT at #6, who would be a better pick at #14? JPP or Earl Thomas?
        Last edited by TACKLE; 04-04-2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          I'm working on my mock and trying to get some insight from the fans? If they address OT at #6, who would be a better pick at #14? JPP or Earl Thomas.
          I don't think they could go wrong with either one. Although Carroll has emphasized that they need a pass rush, so I think that JPP is more likely to be the pick there.
          Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• What are the chances that Carroll and Schneider are kicking themselves for pulling the trigger on Whitehurst? I know hindsight is 20-20, but the chances of Clausen dropping to #6 just went way up assuming some team doesn't try to move in front of Seattle to select him.

I have a nasty little feeling we're going to see Clausen drop quite a bit now.
            Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Originally posted by summond822 View Post
              What are the chances that Carroll and Schneider are kicking themselves for pulling the trigger on Whitehurst? I know hindsight is 20-20, but the chances of Clausen dropping to #6 just went way up assuming some team doesn't try to move in front of Seattle to select him.

I have a nasty little feeling we're going to see Clausen drop quite a bit now.
              1 thing I've been thinking is maybe they are planning on dealing Hasselbeck, drafting Clausen and having him sit for a year behind Whitehurst. The way it's looking, Clausen could be there at 14. Maybe Whitehurst is just a backup plan in case Clausen gets taken before 6? We all know Hass won't make it past week 3, so something had to be done at QB.
              "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                1 thing I've been thinking is maybe they are planning on dealing Hasselbeck, drafting Clausen and having him sit for a year behind Whitehurst. The way it's looking, Clausen could be there at 14. Maybe Whitehurst is just a backup plan in case Clausen gets taken before 6? We all know Hass won't make it past week 3, so something had to be done at QB.
                I doubt they would invest nearly $10 million in Whitehurst to have him bridge the gap for Clausen - if that was the plan, why wouldn't they just keep Hass, who seems like he'd be perfect to be the veteran mentor anyway?
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• They got the second pick in the 5th for Rob Sims.

What is the O-Line looking like now?

LT: Draft pick
                  LG: Wrotto?
                  C: Spencer?
                  RG: Unger?
                  RT: Locklear?

or

LT: Draft pick
                  LG: Locklear
                  C: Unger
                  RG: Spencer
                  RT: Willis

..........?
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    I doubt they would invest nearly $10 million in Whitehurst to have him bridge the gap for Clausen - if that was the plan, why wouldn't they just keep Hass, who seems like he'd be perfect to be the veteran mentor anyway?

Well considering its an uncapped year, and 10 mill over 2 years isn't much if at all above the going rate for a backup QB, I don't think his contract is an issue.

Well my thinking is that they might not want to have to throw Clausen to the wolves, Hass will be hurt by week 3 and Clausen would be thrown in. I think WHitehurst gives us a better chance of keeping a healthy QB on the field so Clausen can sit and learn. At this point, being a mentor/coach might be all he Matt is good for.

Comment

• I don't know - I think it's far more likely that they didn't do their homework and are indeed now kicking themselves knowing that Clausen will likely be there at #6 and could definitely be there at #14 than that they wanted to throw away 20 spots and 3rd for a bridge QB.

If Sanchize AND Clausen are both franchise QBs in a few years then and Whitehurst doesn't pan out...

...yeah, that would be bad.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Oh I'm not saying I think that is what they were thinking, just that it's a possiblity. I do think they gave up too much for Whitehurst. Unless of course they are certain he's going to be a top QB and just absolutely couldn't let him go to the Cardinals.

Comment

• One thing that I actually am beginning to believe is that Clausen is going to drop to 14. Washington brought him in for an interview and soon after went and traded for McNabb. Now, maybe I'm reading a little bit too much into this, but if you thought that Clausen had a chance to be a franchise QB, you don't do that trade for McNabb. I think that something about Clausen scared them away.
                          Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Originally posted by summond822 View Post
                            One thing that I actually am beginning to believe is that Clausen is going to drop to 14. Washington brought him in for an interview and soon after went and traded for McNabb. Now, maybe I'm reading a little bit too much into this, but if you thought that Clausen had a chance to be a franchise QB, you don't do that trade for McNabb. I think that something about Clausen scared them away.
                            I could definitely see it. I have a feeling Chan Gailey wants someone else to run his offense. Whether we take him or not, that's another thing.

Comment

• Went to spring practice today, some observations:

Montana has pretty good zip on his short and intermediate stuff. His deep ball floats a lot though.

Our pass catchers still drop an alarming number of passes. Even during drills they were dropping a lot more balls than they should have been.

Sark does not waste any of practice time, and he's right in the middle of everything being vocal.

Jake looked like Jake.

Although I was hoping to see something, Sark didn't give us any 3-4 looks. He mentioned it in an interview and we have two big boys to play nose in Ta'amu and Tokolahi.

Comment

• Random thought: Why not just offer T.J. Housmandzadeh and a 5th for Brandon Marshall? Have Paul Allen eat the bonuses and there is no cap....
                                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information