Pete talking a move to a 3-4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    Pete's response had to do with maximising Aaron Curry and he seemed to think that was the way to go, as a pass rusher i assume. Personally i dont care as long as they get er done.
    Well the elephant guy does a lot of rushing the passer in the 4-3 under and I'm assuming that he's going to want Curry to be that guy.

Comment

Maybe a multiple 4-3 using 3-4 sets like Monte Kiffin did in Tampa during his last year there.
      No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
      QB Ken Anderson
      DT Alex Karras
      LB Chuck Howley

Comment

I think the best comparison would be Arizona. Although they are called a 3-4, you'll see them in just as many 4-3 situations with their linebackers & safeties moving all over the field before the snap. It's an organized chaos for the defense that throws off the blocking assignments. This could create gaps for the linebackers to blow up, thus increasing their effectiveness.

Also, I do expect to see some 3-4 this season. I don't expect it is going to be the primary defense because Leroy Hill is not a 3-4 OLB, and if they do convert I expect to see him traded and a 3-4 OLB drafted early on. Also, Mebane is not a NT and it would be completely counterproductive to put him there in a 3-4. It completely neutralizes his abilities. He's not a guy you stick in the middle and expect to stop the run, he's attacks the line and applies interior pressure. He's a 3-4 DE if they do switch. Tapp & Kerney aren't 3-4 DE or OLB, so switching over completely neutralizes your two of your better pass rushers (Tapp & Curry are the best on the team).

That alone is why I expect it to only be a situational package used to create confusion.

P.S. It's one in the morning so if my arguments don't make sense I'm sorry and i'll try to edit anything that needs it when i'm thinking clearly.
        Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Have Tapp and Curry as the OLB. Possibly Kerney at OLB too but I'm not sure they have the D-Line depth. If Kerney is to play DE, it will be him and Redding as the DE and probably Mebane at NT. Mebane isn't that big but he is very stout at the point of attack and I think he could do a good job as a Nose. Or they could put Red at NT, Mebane to DE and Kerney to OLB. It should be interesting watch. I wonder how it will effect the direction they go in the draft. Not necessarily round 1 but everything after it.

Comment

What's the consensus here? I have the Seahawks in the 7 round mock draft going on right now. Should I draft assuming the switch or stick with 4-3 fits?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              What's the consensus here? I have the Seahawks in the 7 round mock draft going on right now. Should I draft assuming the switch or stick with 4-3 fits?
              I would say stick with the 4-3. Pete ran the 4-3 under at USC, he kept Bradley who runs a 4-3, and there has been no more mentions of scheme changes anywhere from Seahawks land.
              Last edited by Cicero; 02-02-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Seeing as their 1st three picks (6,14 and 38) should probably be OT/S/RB i dont think it matters what defense they're running as far as your mock goes.

Comment

Seeing as their 1st three picks (6,14 and 38) should probably be OT/S/RB i dont think it matters what defense they're running as far as your mock goes.
                  Went with Clausen with the first one.

Comment

Went with Clausen with the first one.
                    I'm going to keep my Jake Locker to Seattle in 2011 campaign going till the polls close.

Comment

I'm going to keep my Jake Locker to Seattle in 2011 campaign going till the polls close.
                      Very well. I promise I won't dissapoint you guys haha.

Comment

Very well. I promise I won't dissapoint you guys haha.
                        If Clausen's there you have to look at him. Was Berry/Okung there? They need a young QB desperately.

At 14 I think Spiller is a no-brainer. If he's not there you can go best safety or OT (Davis, Bulaga, Earl Thomas).
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          If Clausen's there you have to look at him. Was Berry/Okung there? They need a young QB desperately.

At 14 I think Spiller is a no-brainer. If he's not there you can go best safety or OT (Davis, Bulaga, Earl Thomas).
                          So far, we have Clausen and Spiller, predictably so. I might make a move to get into the bottom half of the 1st if Bulaga continues to fall.

Berry and Okung were both gone as was Davis and Earl Thomas when pick 2 came around.

Comment

Whole-heartedly agree. I refuse to give up on Locker, plus I just really don't like any of the QB's in this class except for (and this may sound sacrilegious) Tim Tebow, but I wouldn't take him until the third or fourth round, so thats where I think the value of this class lies.

Tebow is the only one I see developing into anything and that's not because of where he is at right now, but what I see from him off the field in his work ethic & his willingness to take coaching to get better. That combined with the "it" factor that he clearly has more of than most QB's in football right now, is why I like him down the road as a QB.
                            Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

RD 1 - Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
                              RD 1 - CJ Spiller RB, Clemson
                              RD 2 - Charles Brown OT, USC

That's how we're looking so far. Not too bad if I say so myself.

Comment

RD 1 - Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
                                RD 1 - CJ Spiller RB, Clemson
                                RD 2 - Charles Brown OT, USC

That's how we're looking so far. Not too bad if I say so myself.

I'd give that about a C+ to be honest. this is better:

Davis/Bulaga
                                Mays
                                Gerhart

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information