No announcement yet.

2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Matt H. going to be playing this week or is it going to be Whitehurst's first career start?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      What happened to Marshawn Lynch yesterday? Only 9 carries for 7 yards? I didn't get a chance to watch any highlights, but there's nothing about any injuries. Did he just get benched?
      I havent heard of any injury to Marshawn yesterday. My guess is the scored dictated they throw more and run less.

As for the other post about Matt, the inital report was he received a ding to the head, no word about whether he'll play against the Giants. As of now he's playing.

Comment

We suck. I want us to lose so we get a good draft pick. If we make the playoffs im gonna be so ****** pissed

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
        Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
          We suck. I want us to lose so we get a good draft pick. If we make the playoffs im gonna be so ****** pissed
          Coaches and players dont subscribe to that theory just closet GMs like us. It's so easy to say let's win in a weak division but they need more talent and higher picks are the main way to go.

Comment

We need a QB so bad though...although i guess John Clayton says that some scouts now have Locker with a second round grade. So wherever we pick there is probably a very real possibility that he could be there...

I think the biggest problem right now (with our entire offense) is Hasselbeck. I didn't get to watch this last weekend, but he doesn't have the arm strength to thrive in Bates offense. He is also holding onto the ball too long, which leads to him getting the **** kicked out of him.

I just don't know if I want Jake Locker right now...he's best when he's throwing on the run and has the ability to make the decision to throw or run (which is not what he's been doing this year). That and his annoying habit of locking onto one target are red flags for picking him at this point in time.
            Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

I thought we would be good this year, we are better but we really have so so many holes to fill and we have like no depth anywhere lol i want the cards to win this year and then next year we take this division back for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
                ... I'm starting to get curious about how Charlie Whitehurst would do ... this offense could benefit from having a QB who can escape and take a shot to Butler or Williams down the field, instead of dropping back...and immediately falling down as soon as a defender gets an arm on him.
                Charlie Whitehurst to start against NYG. At home. I'm excited to see what happens.

Predictions?

I think he'll get the ball out faster than Matt, and I think he'll be more mobile in the pocket. What would worry me, of course, is his timing and how well he'll be able to anticipate his receivers getting open. I think I read somewhere that he and Mike Williams spent a lot of time throwing together over the summer, so maybe we'll see evidence of that on Sunday. I can also see us being blown out by the Giants. Anyone know what Okung's status is for this game? He'd be a huge help.

Comment

I think he sucks lol.

But seriously, his first career start, his only game action in the last couple of years has been preseason. Giants have a pretty good pass rush. He's not going to trust what he sees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just have trouble seeing him being successful in his first start.
                  Video games keep me sane

Comment

Yeah, if he has a good day I'm going to be impressed.

Comment

didnt see the game but we really need to stop winning. i hate this mediocrity ****, we are playing ourselves out of a good drat pick aka jake locker.

Comment

didnt see the game but we really need to stop winning. i hate this mediocrity ****, we are playing ourselves out of a good drat pick aka jake locker.
                        We may be able to finish 8-8, win the division and then if we have to, trade up a few spots for a QB. Could get the best of both worlds there.

Comment

No.

Hasselbeck was once upon a time a top QB in the league. He hasn't played as well as he did yesterday since he was a top QB.

All we need to do is go 9-7 and we'll easily win our division.

Then, we may be able to host the ******* Bears or possibly even Bucs. The point is, it would be at home.

If we get to the round of 8, anything can happen. And we aren't hilariously bad on the road anymore anyway.

Mebane back = completely different defense. Throw out the Giants and Raiders games...

Okung back next week should also help.

Every single game on our remaining schedule is winnable.

Any team can get hot...

I'm optimistic. And very encouraged by Hass going for 333 in 3 quarters...
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I didn't watch the game either...I just had no enthusiasm for it. I figured we were going to win, but still, it's just so difficult to consistently watch bad football week after week (Huskies really burned me out this year...)
                            Video games keep me sane

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                              No.

Hasselbeck was once upon a time a top QB in the league. He hasn't played as well as he did yesterday since he was a top QB.

All we need to do is go 9-7 and we'll easily win our division.

Then, we may be able to host the ******* Bears or possibly even Bucs. The point is, it would be at home.

If we get to the round of 8, anything can happen. And we aren't hilariously bad on the road anymore anyway.

Mebane back = completely different defense. Throw out the Giants and Raiders games...

Okung back next week should also help.

Every single game on our remaining schedule is winnable.

Any team can get hot...

I'm optimistic. And very encouraged by Hass going for 333 in 3 quarters...
                              I'm looking it at like this, I truly believe that if we make it to the playoffs that we will not make it past the 1st round. I mean I want this team to grow and do well but i think that we need another strong draft and a new qb to make it farther into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Can you honestly look at the season, and all of our injuries and say "that is a superbowl team". I can't. Im not trying to be a dick, because i enjoy your posts, I guess im just trying to make some conversation lol its been dead in here for awhile

Comment

I'm looking it at like this, I truly believe that if we make it to the playoffs that we will not make it past the 1st round. I mean I want this team to grow and do well but i think that we need another strong draft and a new qb to make it farther into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Can you honestly look at the season, and all of our injuries and say "that is a superbowl team". I can't. Im not trying to be a dick, because i enjoy your posts, I guess im just trying to make some conversation lol its been dead in here for awhile
                                Nobody is going to look at this team in it's present form and think Superbowl, well anyone that knows anything about football at least. Thing is the differance in going 8-8 or 6-10 isnt going to all of a sudden bring in a superior crop of draft choices. I know you want the QB out of this draft and that can be accomplished with a little finesse.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information