No announcement yet.

2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just reading someone's math on our draft position depending on the result of our game against the Rams. (Not saying it's accurate but it makes for interesting discussion)

If we win, we are drafting at 21, possibly lower if we managed to make a run deep into the playoffs.

If we lose we are drafting at 10 with almost no possibility to move down, only the possibility of moving up.

Now the implications are clear, by winning we are most likely removing ourselves from any hope of drafting an elite QB prospect, but we get to go to the playoffs. By losing we have our chance of getting that elite QB prospect (maybe) if the top underclassmen declare.

So my question is...do you prefer the Seahawks to win or lose against the Rams next week?

I am not talking about rooting against the Hawks to lose, but about which option you think is better for the team.

Personally, I am not going to be heartbroken if they lose. In fact I think it would probably be better for the longterm if they did. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer, and Hasselbeck is old (see "freak hip injury").

By winning they effectively take themselves out of the running for an elite QB prospect. Yet we get to watch them in the playoffs. After watching the team get destroyed week after week by double digits (9 of their games) and sometimes against bad teams (see Denver and SF), I am not sure that I want to see their performance in the playoffs.

Again, not rooting against the Hawks, but I think it's more beneficial LONG TERM for this team to lose.
    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• Originally posted by summond822 View Post
      I was just reading someone's math on our draft position depending on the result of our game against the Rams. (Not saying it's accurate but it makes for interesting discussion)

If we win, we are drafting at 21, possibly lower if we managed to make a run deep into the playoffs.

If we lose we are drafting at 10 with almost no possibility to move down, only the possibility of moving up.

Now the implications are clear, by winning we are most likely removing ourselves from any hope of drafting an elite QB prospect, but we get to go to the playoffs. By losing we have our chance of getting that elite QB prospect (maybe) if the top underclassmen declare.

So my question is...do you prefer the Seahawks to win or lose against the Rams next week?

I am not talking about rooting against the Hawks to lose, but about which option you think is better for the team.

Personally, I am not going to be heartbroken if they lose. In fact I think it would probably be better for the longterm if they did. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer, and Hasselbeck is old (see "freak hip injury").

By winning they effectively take themselves out of the running for an elite QB prospect. Yet we get to watch them in the playoffs. After watching the team get destroyed week after week by double digits (9 of their games) and sometimes against bad teams (see Denver and SF), I am not sure that I want to see their performance in the playoffs.

Again, not rooting against the Hawks, but I think it's more beneficial LONG TERM for this team to lose.
      For me, I want us to lose. We are not a playoff caliber team. I think it will actually hurt us going forward if we make the playoffs. This team just seems like its always injured and if we want to be serious next year then we need to be healthy and restocked with depth for next year, but thats just my opinion.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
      Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

• ugh... flexed to a sunday night game. that means Qwest is gonna be rockin. If we tank, we get better. If we win, we get embarassed in the playoffs.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Whitehurst is supposed to start Sunday. Which might be a good thing, because he's really, really awful. I don't think hoping the Seahawks lose is being a poor fan; it's being realistic. They've looked horrendous most of the year. we've got six wins, and the only reason the playoffs are even a question is because the division is awful. We need to start grooming the next quarterback. Whitehurst looked like he was scared to throw the ball. Horrible.

Comment

• I'm kind of at a loss for words.

Comment

• think Locker pulls an Elway??? hope Locker pulls an Elway?
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• I'm still in shock that we won...

But if NFL personnel are as down on Locker as some people on these boards we still may get him from him dropping to us.
                Video games keep me sane

Comment

• we can only hope summond... we can only hope.

Comment

• That has pretty much been the story of the last week. I hoped that the Huskies wouldn't embarrass themselves against Nebraska. I hoped that the Dawgs basketball team would sweep the LA schools in LA. I hoped that the Seahawks would win.

I was highly doubtful of every single one of those things and they all turned out good.

So I'm just gonna keep hoping that the Seahawks just didn't play themselves out of the running for a future franchise QB, and keep hoping that Locker falls to them.
                    Video games keep me sane

Comment

• Good for the guys but it comes with a price. they would have had the 9th pick with a loss and now potentially it's 21st or later. What this also means is every round you pick 21st, over the course of 7 rounds you give up 84 draft spots.

Comment

• You guys are ******* embarrassing.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                          think Locker pulls an Elway??? hope Locker pulls an Elway?
                          Unless you're going in the top 2 or 3 picks you dont have a lot of leverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                            You guys are ******* embarrassing.
                            Nobody's twisting your arm to read this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              Good for the guys but it comes with a price. they would have had the 9th pick with a loss and now potentially it's 21st or later. What this also means is every round you pick 21st, over the course of 7 rounds you give up 84 draft spots.
                              This is actually the most important effect of the win.

You guys are ******* embarrassing.
                              Why are we embarrassing? Because we're more interested in talking about the draft and the implications of the win against the Rams than the game against the Saints?
                              Video games keep me sane

Comment

• I can't say I'm unhappy about being in the playoffs, but... I also can't deny that I think it's likely that this is worse for our team in the long run. It's a result of how weak our division is, a bit of a schematic fluke that requires at least one of four lousy teams to end up in the draft position of a team that's supposed to be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information